Any recommendations on changes?

Joey M

Earning My Ears
First time heading down to Disney at the end of April - family of 4 (7 and 4 year old) and we opted for the standard dining plan. We are staying at AKL. Just looking for any advice on the below.

We have reserved the following:
Day 1 arrival - Boma dinner
Day 2 - Liberty Tree Tavern Dinner - would opt out if BoG opens up for dinner, but seems doubtful. Also consider Crystal Palace but neither of the children are into Winnie the Pooh
Day 3 - Yak and Yeti (contemplating Tusker House in place of this)
Day 4 - Late Lunch at Akershus Royal Banquet Hall
Day 5 - Garden Grill for Lunch and Coral Reef Restaurant for Dinner - Been reading mainly negatives about the CRR but the kids are excited about the aquariums around them. Not sure if I should explore another option
Day 6 - CRT - paying out of pocket for this one

First time heading down to Disney at the end of April - family of 4 (7 and 4 year old) and we opted for the standard dining plan. We are staying at AKL. Just looking for any advice on the below.

Day 2 - Liberty Tree Tavern Dinner - would opt out if BoG opens up for dinner, but seems doubtful. Also consider Crystal Palace but neither of the children are into Winnie the Pooh
Day 5 - Garden Grill for Lunch and Coral Reef Restaurant for Dinner - Been reading mainly negatives about the CRR but the kids are excited about the aquariums around them. Not sure if I should explore another option

I think it looks great! Here are some possible "tweaking" suggestions:

Day 1 - great choice!
Day 2 - if your kids aren't interested in Winnie the Pooh, I would stick with LTT. The atmosphere is really lovely in there, IMHO, especially at dinner.
Day 3 - I like Yak and Yeti, but, personally, I would do Tusker House and switch out your EP Garden Grill lunch for something in EP World Showcase
Day 4 - love Akershus!
Day 5 - as I mentioned, I would do Tusker House at AK and switch out Garden Grill for one of the great WS restaurants. Consider Biergarten. It has a great variety of food and the band is a lot of fun. San Angel Inn has a wonderful atmosphere. The kids may also enjoy Teppan Edo. Coral Reef isn't great, but the aquarium is beautiful
Day 6 - CRT is lovely, but, in terms of characters that you'll see at Akershus, it's a bit redundant. If you would rather save the money, perhaps try for BOG lunch? If not, certainly CRT is iconic Disney and is not a bad choice!

How far apart are your lunch and dinner on day 5 spaced out? We never do a TS lunch and dinner on the same day because we won’t get hungry enough in time for dinner, especially if lunch is a family style meal like garden grill.

I like your ADR's especially considering the ages of your little ones. The only thing I would change is CRT, if your going to Akershus you are already seeing the princesses at a much lower cost. As another poster has said Coral Reef isn't the greatest food but with the fish your kids will love the place. If your budgeting the money for CRT have you looked at something like Hoop De Doo Revue? And I have to throw a plug for my families favorite restaurant Ohana's.

Day 1 - Honestly, Boma is not my favorite (I think that's at odds with a lot of people though!) I'd only do it on the dining plan b/c it's not a great value imo. I don't know that I would want to navigate that buffet with kids. I'd think of something else. Maybe this is where you could fit in Tusker House if you're going into the parks. If you want a resort dinner, I'd suggest 1900 Park Fare for the kids, Ohana, or Whispering Canyon Cafe.
Day 2 - Are you sure the kids wouldn't like seeing the characters, even if they haven't been that into them yet? I can't speak on LTT b/c the food options bore me. I'd rather just go quick service at Pecos Bill's or hit up a monorail restaurant.
Day 3 - Love Yak and Yeti, super fun theming, but Tusker House is also one of my favs.
Day 4 - Sounds good if your kids like the characters.
Day 5 - I don't know if you can eat that much! My favorite meal in Disney is Garden Grill BREAKFAST. If the kids really want to try CRR, go for it. It's one of my family's favorites. You could also move your Akershus lunch to a dinner this night and free up another night at a different park (Animal Kingdom twice to fit both restaurants?)
Day 6 - Just a cool experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter