Any reviews for Yachtsman Steakhouse?

Rhianna.07

DIS Family Page
Started making dining reservations too late :oops: so one of the only nice restaurants available is Yachtsman Steakhouse. It seems like there’s many mixed reviews on it. If any of y’all have eaten there before please let me know how it was!

We ate there earlier this month and it was excellent. We had a great server as well. I had lobster bisque and the filet. My husband had a shrimp cocktail and the Ribeye. We were disappointed that so many of the guests dining there failed to abide by the dress code and looked like they just came from a tractor pull.

Was there 2 months ago. I had the ribeye, don’t remember what husband got but it was a a portion on the larger side of steak. My ribeye was very good. Just a bit too much for what I can eat. This was our second time there. The first being 18 years ago for our wedding rehearsal dinner. I would recommend it.

I've eaten there a few times and really enjoyed it every time. They have these onion rolls that are delicious. My steak (a filet) was really good. They have a side truffle Mac N Cheese that is beyond delicious.

We ate there in March and were disappointed in the quality of the rib eye we ordered. At the price they charge really expected better. It is now off our list.

We ate there in March and were disappointed in the quality of the rib eye we ordered. At the price they charge really expected better. It is now off our list.
Bill's ribeye also had a bit of gristle. But he enjoyed it. I only ate half of my filet and brought the rest home.

mixed reviews? are you serious? I never miss it. We go there every trip. The shrimp cocktail appetizer is the best you will ever eat. Filet melts in your mouth and the sides are all excellent. Go. you will love it. Expect to pay about $100 per person if you get an app, a drink and a main course. Just FYI...

Yachtsman is a nice solid family restaurant that is probably well loved by the non adventurous. My world wouldn't fall apart if it was the only steakhouse I could find.

Good porterhouse steaks, typical chophouse sides; many praise the bread highly. I'm not a big bread eater so will defer to the general feeling. The desserts are typical Disney ie heavy on the sugar to the detriment of the flavorants. Look pretty, taste overly sweet.

If I could find an open table reservation at Boathouse I'd eat there with more enthusiasm, LOL.

It’s one of our favorites! We actually ate there twice during our week long trip in April. The service has always been great and the food is very good. They gave us special anniversary menus on the night of our anniversary. We are always on the deluxe dining plan, so I can’t really comment on pricing because I don’t pay much attention to it.

We have eaten there on our last 7 trips and really enjoyed our meals. I usually get the filet and DH gets either prime rib or strip steak. The lobster bisque is outstanding.

One word. Amazing!!!! Yachtsman is by far my favorite restaurant at Disney and we make it a point to go every trip. I recommend getting the filet and adding on truffle Mac and cheese! So good

Started making dining reservations too late :oops: so one of the only nice restaurants available is Yachtsman Steakhouse. It seems like there’s many mixed reviews on it. If any of y’all have eaten there before please let me know how it was!
Are you using DDP? If so, Yachtsman is likely your best choice...

If going OOP, or you have TIW? Consider Shula's (Dolphin)? BEST Steak, BEST Lobster, on property.

We've eaten there many times over the years, last time was July '18. We love it

Excellent food and excellent service every single time. It's a must do for us and we look forward to it every trip.

It's a good steak place with some decent theming. In terms of steak quality you probably get better at Shula's with less Disney theming. You get a worse steak at Le Cellier but even more theming. Yachtsmen is nice in that it'll be a little quieter than a in the park restaurant where they pack you in as much as they can, steaks are good but not the best steakhouse you can find.

I found the food to be incredibly salty. Almost on the verge of inedible. We have not been back, but that's not to say I wouldn't give it another shot!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter