• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any reviews of Fireworks parties?

AllBoyMama

Earning My Ears
We are booked for a pre-party on 10/11. Primary reason for booking was to have more space and not be crammed in the hub.

We have 4 boys (2, 5, 13, 15). After reading the Disney Food Blog review, I am surprised there doesn’t seem to be many kid options, like rice Krispy treats, cookies, cupcakes, brownies. We did a Star Wars dessert party in 2017 and loved the dessert offerings.

I don’t think my kids will like anything on the menu. Maybe the firehouse donuts and strawberries? I am questioning if I should just cancel the party reservations, or if the space and view make up for it. Can you see the projections? Any opinions?

We did it when it was HEA. We liked it, but the desserts could have been a little better for the price being paid. But there were a lot of good offerings. The view in the garden area is good. Just be aware that you’ll get the impression that you’ve got a good spot in the garden. But the closer to show time the more crowded the garden gets and also they cram a bunch of people in front of the garden. So everyone has to stand to be able to see. So one minute you think you’ve staked out a great spot inside the garden, then the next someone is blocking your view. It was kind of a sore spot with me when we did it. But I’m glad we experienced it once. I’m debating whether to do it for our trip in March.

"Worth it" is going to be VERY subjective. Do I think spending $400+ to eat some subpar desserts and watch fireworks is worth it?...NO! Obviously there are those that do and will pay any price to do so. I'm not bashing you nor them its just a difference of opinion. Just FYI, the new fireworks show is getting awful reviews. I've heard many people mentioning that its not at all important to see the castle anymore so its not imperative to be in the hub. Maybe ask on the TPAS/Enchantment thread or just read the reviews on there and you'll probably get a better idea if its worth it for you.

Thanks- I cancelled our party reservations. I can’t justify that price. We will probably use that time for rides with lower wait times instead of cramming in for fireworks.

We've done the party once before when it was HEA and we really enjoyed it. We did the first pre-party on 10/4 for Enchantment, and we did not enjoy it as much. I think the food was about the same and now they also serve beer and wine. We were seated in the middle(?) terrace whereas the food and drinks were on the upper terrace. So it was a bit of a walk back and forth. The lower terrace was for those that would be sitting for the show I believe. They had their own setup for food and drinks.

As far as my review of Enchantment, it was a good show. I just don't think it is the right show for the 50th. I was expecting something more along the lines of Disneyland's "Remember.. Dreams Come True" show which was excellent because it was more about the parks. Even though Remember was an older show and not as technical as HEA & Enchantment it is still probably my favorite because of the tie-in with the park. Enchantment didn't have anything about the parks, so I did feel disappointed. It really really should have been about DisneyWorld and not the movies. That may have clouded my judgement of the dessert party itself (along with the higher price tag). The rest of my family felt similar and they enjoyed the Rose & Crown Fireworks dinner for Harmonious @ Epcot more, even though Harmonious isn't about the parks either. I think we gave Harmonious as pass on that because it was at Epcot and it is not specifically Epcot's 50th.

Would like to also add that while it was nice getting a spot to view the show, due to how many people were already there, our view had one of the light poles directly in our view of the castle. That was a bummer. We probably could have tried to squeeze into another spot, but that is the whole point of the dessert party and not having to do that.

Last time we did the dessert party for HEA we said never again but I do have it booked in November. The food has never been good and the last time we did it was poorly organized.

How it worked best for us was get in the check in line at least 15 minutes before the ADR time so you can be one the first people to eat. That way you can be one of the first people to move to the garden to stake out a spot. It is a very chaotic experience. We found it very rushed by our own schedule.

We are interested in seeing the first reviews from people. We see the money as 100% for the access to the garden for the show. Any food/drinks is purely bonus.

The last party we did ran out of hot water and coffee on a cold night and couldn't make more. Hopefully they have gotten their act together since then although at least one report over on the theme parks board wasn't great.

We have done a couple of after parties for HEA, which we thought were great. We have one booked for Enchantment next week, so I am interested to hear reviews of the part now. We have the plaza garden party.

Looking at the photos someone posted on Facebook, Id say it looks a rip off unfortunately.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter