Any shareholders voting against Bob?

OKW Lover

Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle.
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
Just wondering if any of us that own Disney stock have, or will be, voting agains Bob Chapeck's seat on the Board?

I buy stocks through Stash...I'm not sure if I got my documents yet. Wait - I got it 2 weeks ago...how about that.

I see people disappointed in how this guy has behaved but I'm pretty far removed from the Parks besides the show and the boards.

I voted against him, but it doesn't matter because institutional shareholders elect the board anyway. There's no Roy E Disney anymore to get traction for a shareholder revolt like with Eisner. It only matters what Black Rock and Vanguard think.

Voted against Bob, also voted against "Consideration of an advisory vote to approve executive compensation."

Let's do this - spread the word on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.

Voted against Chapek. Also changed the recommended votes they had suggested at the bottom. . Very surpised by those. Actually, not surprised.

Also check out the different amendments they want us to vote on

Yep. I saw them mentioned on another site. I'd love to see stats for inclusion regarding race, gender, disabilities, and where those identites intersect. The fact they recommend "against" makes me think they'd be ashamed of the outcome.

Yep. I saw them mentioned on another site. I'd love to see stats for inclusion regarding race, gender, disabilities, and where those identites intersect. The fact they recommend "against" makes me think they'd be ashamed of the outcome.
In the many years I've been a Disney shareholder (well before 2004 since I remember being at the meeting where we took down Michael Eisner), Disney always recommends votes against any shareholder-initiated proposals. I'd be surprised if most companies didn't do the same.

I voted agains him. I know I should have researched the other board members but I didn't so I just went with the recommended vote for them.

Is it too late to buy some shares and vote? I assume it is. I will buy some shares and vote next year. It's called putting my money where my mouth is.
Sadly it's too late to buy stock now to qualify this year. From the meeting notice:
"Shareholders owning Disney common stock at the close of business on January 10, 2022 (the “Record Date”) may vote at the 2022 Annual Meeting and any postponements or adjournments of the meeting."

Sadly it's too late to buy stock now to qualify this year. From the meeting notice:
"Shareholders owning Disney common stock at the close of business on January 10, 2022 (the “Record Date”) may vote at the 2022 Annual Meeting and any postponements or adjournments of the meeting."
Guess I’ll wait till next year but vote I will, especially if Paycheck still running things.

Well, at least everyone who bought shares to vote against him will make some cash on the deal (Disney up $10 post earnings)....oh, and the numbers were a home run ESPECIALLY the parks numbers, so, Bob will be here for some time.

Even though Q1 earnings are what analysts want, the DIS community is still unhappy with Cheapek over his changes...
I voted against him.
Bring back Bob 1.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter