Any short cuts from IOA to Universal Studios?

Puffy2

DIS Veteran
If I go to IOA in the AM then want to park hop to US in the afternoon, are there any shortcuts or do I have to exit the park at the front entrance, walk through City Walk and then enter Universal?

Unless you want to illegally cut through the studios seperating the parks, then no. You have to go out and walk down past NBA City and Hard Rock Cafe to get to USF from IOA.

Yea, like Rocketman said...that's about the only "legal" way...it's a 5 minute or less walk between parks...make sure you go the way Rocketman said tho...you don't go out back toward Citywalk itself...you go to the left past NBA city, etc...

Don't forget your hand stamp!

Karen

There's an idea for a new ride here.

How about a subterranean coaster that begins in one park and ends in the other?

Actually, the other way to enter USF is through the Hard Rock Cafe entrance/exit. You need to get your hand stamped at IOA and then head over to USF. Instead of going through the main entrance, you walk around the Hard Rock Cafe and enter through the entrance near Nick Studios. The line at the main gate can get very long. The HRC entrance is usually very quiet. You can also save a few steps in walking to some attactions. I knew one employee who read a romance novel there and she finishes one every few days!

Wow, in all those crossing overs to different parks I never knew that! I knew they had that for the old Hard Rock Cafe, but had no clue for the new one. I'll have to try that out.

I tryed that hard rock exit/entrance and it worked well. I exited to go eat at IOA and when I returned the worker didn't even scan my card because he remembered me from when I exited.

The HRH entrance/exit tends to be less congested. To use it, remember to get your hand stamped. They may ask you for your ticket, so have that on hand.

We always remember to use the HRC for exiting US, but have never thought about using it to get in. D'oh!

So to park hop you definetely have to have your hand stamped? This was the first I'd heard of this. I just figured you showed your ticket every time?:confused:

Do you need to have your hand stamped if you have annual passes??

Patty

I've never gotten my hand stamped with the annual pass. They one time had me move to adifferent lane because their machine recognized that I used the pass that day. When I got to the other lane it let me go through with no further problems.

They want your hand stamped so people aren't passing off their passes to other people allowing them entrance on the same day. It's really not a big deal to get it done as you are leaving, so why not?

It's protection for the parks. What other way do they try to ensure that some family members or friends don't look enough alike to share Annual Passes and be able to get away with pass sharing?

Disney, Six Flags, Universal, they all do it. If you get back in without a stamp, consider yourself lucky for not getting hassled about it. :)

I guess I'm too honest, I never would have thought of passing my passes off to anyone else.

Patty

In Florida you don't need to get your hand stamped in any of the parks if you have an annual or seasional pass. At Universal they have your picture on it and at Disney they use your finger print.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter