Any soft opening rumors for Hagrid's?...

DisBuckMan

DIS Veteran
We'll be at Universal next Sunday and Monday (6/2-3), and we're hoping for a soft opening of Hagrid's...possibly for Passholders or something. I've seen no rumors at all of a possible soft opening. Just wondering if anyone else has heard anything?

I’am here now. Heard them working on audio for Hagrid’s yesterday. Have not heard anything on soft opening.

I am sure they will have them but they do not announce it ahead of time.

They usually tell you if you are in the park that day that there may be a soft opening, MAY being the operative word.

On another board I read a couple of insiders have said they have encountered some minor issues in recent testing and they are working frantically to resolve them before they start testing again soon.

So there is a decreasing chance for soft opens if they are working on fixing some issues currently.

We are there June 6-11 and would LOVE to be a part of the soft opening. Heck, we''ll be ride testers (haha). I hate that we are going to miss the full opening..

I would be very surprised if they do not have soft openings as the fully open date comes up even if they are having minor problems.

Depending on the problems they have found, it is also not impossible that opening day will be delayed.

From what I hear parts of the wheel components are becoming worn down quicker than anticipated so they beefing up the components

TONS of rumors! Zero facts.

Well of course they're rumors, unless you have an internal employee come in and spill the beans in public.

That being said, the insiders I've heard the rumors from have been incredibly reliable on all things Universal for the past several years so I don't have any reason to doubt them. And some sort of issues seem to be corroborated by the fact that there haven't been any trains running tests on the track for about a week now.

So as is with all rumors, take it with a grain of salt. But the title of the thread is "Any soft opening rumors...?" and I've shared the rumors I've heard elsewhere.

Rumor, or not, it seems something is going on behind the curtain since it's so close and yet there hasn't been any sort of reports of soft openings happening. It is a complex ride and unique compared the other rides, with the length of the backwards track, as well as the drop being part of the equation.

Whether it opens, or not on the expected time, we'll see. However, I have a feeling once it's officially open, whether it's soft, or the grand opening, there is going to be a lot of delays and issues I believe more than usual due to the lack of duration of time of trial runs (with guests involved).

Whatever it takes to ensure the safety and enjoyment of patrons is fine with me! Having said that, I sure hope it's ready for our HHN trip in October!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter