• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any solos do Cali Grill?

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
If so, what tips or comments might you have? Where did you sit? Anyone have any pictures? What's good to eat?

I go to CG once or twice a trip and it is usually solo. Years ago I used to sit at a table normally a duce and the wait staff were always great. Recently I started sitting at the Bar and enjoy it much more. You can order anything there and other people waiting for their tables always want to talk whenever my mouth is full. Do not go during fireworks times since it gets so crowded and to me watching fireworks from 1/2 mile away sort of defeats the reason for watching. Unfortunately whenever I find a favorite on the menu it is normally gone the next visit. My favorite is the long gone marinated Filet Mignon. When I go out for a good meal the camera stays in the room so sorry I have no pictures but from all the flashing most nights someone here on DIS will surely link for you.
Have fun and have a great solo meal.
RussH

hi,
i tried CG on my 1st solo trip in may and had a great dinner. i requested a window seat as the fireworks would be happening during my meal but was told they were not taking any more requests for these seats. i waited a long time for my table, but had a comfy seat looking out over MK while i waited, and when i finally was led to my table it was just one table over from the window, i had a perfect view of the castle changing colours and then the fireworks. i also was able to witness a couple by the window get engaged. it was a magical evening. dinner was great, i had the sushi sampler and the pork tenderloin, wanted to try dessert but was too full. i wouldn't hesitate to go back solo to CG:D
kathe

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter