Any Stern Fans on this Forum?

Another 20 year plus Stern fan here. My old boss used to laugh at me, because every time we moved to a different area of our office, I would have to pick my seat by where I could get Howard. I live 60 miles from Philly, so it would be a challenge to find just the right spot.
Now that I telecommute, I have my satellite radio and LOVE IT :love:
Even my husband can't figure out why I listen, but I do. I pee my pants everytime Howard plays the tapes of his father saying "Don't be stupid, you moron"
Stern Rules!

Even my husband can't figure out why I listen, but I do.

I am on my own too!:rotfl2: DH does not listen either.

Oh well- it's THEIR loss!:thumbsup2

You should have seen me when he first came to Sirius. I positioned that darn boombox antenna a million times in just the few hours he was broadcasting. The signal would change every hour or so. :laughing:

Oh my god, I love The Roll Call. It is SO CHEESY which makes it so funny to hear them begrudgingly doing it :)

Too bad Artie wasn't there today to join in... Sick, depressed, on heroin, drinking....I can't even venture a guess anymore. :confused3

It was hilarious when "Artie" called in today and it was his wheeze. Hate to laugh at the guy, but man that was funny!

Artie is really starting to annoy me. I used to feel sorry for him but not anymore. He has all the resources in the world to get help with whatever problem he has and he refuses too.

All my love and sympathy is now going to JD :hug:. Poor guy he is really struggling right now.

Artie is really starting to annoy me. I used to feel sorry for him but not anymore. He has all the resources in the world to get help with whatever problem he has and he refuses too.

All my love and sympathy is now going to JD :hug:. Poor guy he is really struggling right now.

Artie cancelled all of his 2010 tour dates. Hopefully it helps. I cannot imagine dealing with an addiction like that. It must be scary to know something has such a strong hold on you. But- like you said- a lot of people are getting tired of it.

And wasn't JD on Lexapro?? What the heck is wrong!?

Artie cancelled all of his 2010 tour dates. Hopefully it helps. I cannot imagine dealing with an addiction like that. It must be scary to know something has such a strong hold on you. But- like you said- a lot of people are getting tired of it.

I believe it is Jason Kaplan who is on Lexapro and he says it has changed his life. JD is going to a doctor today. I hope he can get some help; maybe then he could get himself a nice girl friend :love:

I believe it is Jason Kaplan who is on Lexapro and he says it has changed his life. JD is going to a doctor today. I hope he can get some help; maybe then he could get himself a nice girl friend :love:

ahhhh! Thanks.

JD did say today he is on 1/2 Zoloft. That stuff can make you feel nuts just taking it. Maybe he is having a side effect of the drug?

What was that therapist talking about JD having PTSD? Did I miss what happened to him. He is an odd kid:laughing:

Howard is a pu$$y cat and if you don't watch or listen regularly, you should not have an opinion;)

I wholeheartedly agree! While the show can be immature sometimes, it can also contain some of the best debates, conversations about politics, religion, pop culture, etc... Plus, as we all know, Howard is the best interviewer EVER! And no one can know that until they listen to a whole show.

I think part of the misconception comes from the "E show". Since they had to condense the 4 hour show to 20 minutes for tv, all they showed was the more salacious parts of the show and so I think that image has stuck.

Oh well, I try to tell people this and they don't believe me. No matter what they think its all about fart jokes, hookers and lesbians. Although that stuff is fun to listen too as well! :lmao:

ahhhh! Thanks.

JD did say today he is on 1/2 Zoloft. That stuff can make you feel nuts just taking it. Maybe he is having a side effect of the drug?

What was that therapist talking about JD having PTSD? Did I miss what happened to him. He is an odd kid:laughing:

Apparently, JD was punched and mugged on the subway once. But I think that was several years ago. I don't know if there is such a thing as delayed PTSD?! I think he just has social anxiety disorder. He is an odd kid; that why I love him!!

No matter what they think its all about fart jokes, hookers and lesbians. Although that stuff is fun to listen too as well! :lmao:

Now that I will have to disagree with:laughing:
When they have the contests- I have to turn the station to my Liquid Metal or else I feel like I will
vomit.gif

Like Stuttering John would say, "Big fan... big fan."

Does anyone listen to the other programming on 100 and 101? I tend to enjoy the wrap up show when I can hear it and Chuck Zito.

The wrap up show is quite good. I'm actually impressed by the job Gary and Jon Hein do with the show. They are able to delve into some subjects that Howard quickly gets tired of during the actual show. In fact, think of how many times Howard starts off the show going into stuff that was on the wrap up show. I think half of those times though it is something crazy that Sal has said.

I never listen to anything else on 100-101. Just Howard. As soon as Howard says goodbye I turn to channel 27:woohoo:

Sounds like I should stay tuned for the aftershow! ::yes::

The wrap up show is quite good. I'm actually impressed by the job Gary and Jon Hein do with the show. They are able to delve into some subjects that Howard quickly gets tired of during the actual show. In fact, think of how many times Howard starts off the show going into stuff that was on the wrap up show. I think half of those times though it is something crazy that Sal has said.

I agree. The wrap-up show serves a great purpose that I have only recently been able to fully appreciate. You get to hear a lot out of Benji (sp?), JD, and Fa Fa Flo-hi that you normally would never hear because of Howard's impatience during the show. And John Hein is really a great host.

Oh yeah, and when Sal comes in, he goes into some sort of tangent that is priceless fodder for the show the next morning :) I love listening to wrap up and then hearing Howard comment on it the next day...

Anyway, I also listen to Bubba the Love Sponge on the channels (I live in Tampa so I listen to him on terrestrial a lot anyway), and Superfan Roundtable and Chuck Zito. I've been meaning to tune in to the geek show but havent yet (guess its cancelled now huh? Poor Ralph... tee hee)

Next I want to see the Artie and JD show...via ISDN from their homes, cause they cant friggin leave their homes apparently :lmao:

Its not all just the addiction. When you get clean you have to start dealing with the issues that made you use to begin with. Not an easy or fun thing to do!

Zero point zero is the ser LULZ!!! :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Like Stuttering John would say, "Big fan... big fan."

Does anyone listen to the other programming on 100 and 101? I tend to enjoy the wrap up show when I can hear it and Chuck Zito.

If I get the chance I listen to the Wrap up show, Geek Time, and the Friday Bubba show. Some of Bubba's antics are wild!!

Its not all just the addiction. When you get clean you have to start dealing with the issues that made you use to begin with. Not an easy or fun thing to do!

Zero point zero is the ser LULZ!!! :lmao::lmao::lmao:

OMG! I think he has some MAJOR issues with the death of his father. I think he blames himself. That can really mess with your mind!:guilty:

I would also have to say that I like Bubba's show as well, I just am not available to hear it as often as Howard. Even though he did not have a show, one of my favorite's to listen to was Hank the Angry Dwarf. He was the best whack packer in my book. RIP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter