Any timeline update on Magicband+?

courtney1188

Mouseketeer
I would like to order our family’s Magicbands for our trip in late March, but have been hoping that if I waited, Magicband+ would be available. It would be nice if Disney could narrow down the very vague “coming in 2022” now that it is 2022! Any rumors floating around about a timeline for this?

(Feeling the same way about Fantasmic I know by late March is probably unlikely, but I wish they would be more specific than just saying sometime this year.)

I was coming here looking for the same information! We are going in November and we don't want to order our MagicBands until we know if this will be available by then!

I was coming here looking for the same information! We are going in November and we don't want to order our MagicBands until we know if this will be available by then!
Same! We’re planning for December and purchasing MagicBands would make the trip seem more real but I don’t want to get the 2.0 (not that there are many to choose from on shopdisney anyway) and then have the new ones become available.

We’re going on the 29th and I just ordered my bands a few days ago because I was waiting as long as possible!

I’m pretty sure I read somewhere that MagicBand+ would be rolled out in Disneyland first. If that’s correct, then once that’s announced, maybe there will be more of a set timeline for Disneyworld.

I’m pretty sure I read somewhere that MagicBand+ would be rolled out in Disneyland first. If that’s correct, then once that’s announced, maybe there will be more of a set timeline for Disneyworld.
The original MagicBand+ announcement back in Sept 2021 was only for WDW in 2022. At the D23 Expo in Nov 2021, they announced MB+ would also launch at DLR in 2022. Other than the order of the announcements, Disney has not really said where they would launch first.

They updated the web page, so unless testing or supply chain issues cause a delay, I think they are close to releasing. From what I can tell, a lot of what the plus can do, the phone can do. The phone can do even more because it has a screen. The "Datapad" where you interact with things in GE, for example, couldn't work the same way with just a band. It can vibrate, light up, and interact with the gold statues. What it will do with gestures is the big unknown. Something to make up for the lack of a screen? Work like a harry potter wand at universal? I can't believe no one has seen anyone testing them at the park.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/magicband-plus/

Interesting. My husband was wondering what they might cost. I suspect they will price them just a dollar or two below outrageous. 😏
Can you tell us more about this survey? Did they give you multiple choice on pricing?

I just received a survey from Disney about price points and features of the band. So maybe it is close to being released.

Interesting. My husband was wondering what they might cost. I suspect they will price them just a dollar or two below outrageous. 😏
Can you tell us more about this survey? Did they give you multiple choice on pricing?
They asked about both the MagicBand and MagicBand+, for example, "What price would be so low as to make you think it was a bargain?" and then gave price choices. Same for asking at what price would it be too expensive to buy.
I thought the prices given would indicate something crazy like $100 for the MagicBand+. But much to my surprise, the prices ranged for the regular or printed versions below $50, with a $5 AP discount figured in. My cut-off price would be $45. So the prices they seemed to indicate would be acceptable to me.
The prices may be outrageous for the real world, but for Disney stuff the prices weren't too bad.
I'm sorry I can't be more specific, but I don't remember if they asked for confidentiality.

I too have been holding off on purchasing MagicBands in case MagicBand+ was released before my March trip. I just checked the available pre-arrival options for the first time in a few weeks, and the stock seems small right now (at least to my inexperienced eyes), with only 14 bands this morning and 13 bands tonight (I didn't happen to notice which one disappeared between then and now).

Now I'm even more undecided about waiting. On the one hand, the designs that interest us are quickly vanishing, but on the other hand, I don't want to order bands now, only to discover the next day that they were letting the standard MagicBand designs dwindle to make room for MagicBand+ options and that I'd be able to get them for my trip.

I too have been holding off on purchasing MagicBands in case MagicBand+ was released before my March trip. I just checked the available pre-arrival options for the first time in a few weeks, and the stock seems small right now (at least to my inexperienced eyes), with only 14 bands this morning and 13 bands tonight (I didn't happen to notice which one disappeared between then and now).

Now I'm even more undecided about waiting. On the one hand, the designs that interest us are quickly vanishing, but on the other hand, I don't want to order bands now, only to discover the next day that they were letting the standard MagicBand designs dwindle to make room for MagicBand+ options and that I'd be able to get them for my trip.
We are going in Late March. We have old magicbands we decided we would stick with for now, and IF Magicband+ comes out in time we'll order (if time permits) or buy them when we arrive.

The MagicBands available for purchase on-line are boring and/or overpriced. I've read that the supply is limited due to "chip shortages" and "supply chain issues". Of course, Disney doesn't admit to any of that.

Like most consumers, I'm tired of being lied to, and tired of being uninformed. I've read that Disney does sell some MagicBands in the parks... Can anyone tell us how the IN-PARK selection compares to the ON-LINE selection of MagicBands?

There are many more MB options in the park than there are online. This has always been true. Was there about a month ago and there were plenty of options, solids and printed designs. For the widest selection I would recommend Frontierland Trading Post at MK and Pin Traders at both Epcot (across from Spaceship Earth) and Disney Springs.

There are many more MB options in the park than there are online. This has always been true. Was there about a month ago and there were plenty of options, solids and printed designs.
That's good to know and makes me feel less urgent about getting something before we go if nothing shows up to replace the diminishing online options. We are first-in-a-long-timers, though, not having been to WDW this century, and don't already have old MagicBands, so we'd be bandless until we found something we liked.

ETA: The online options are back up to 26 today. Still no plusses, though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter