• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any Tips for flying with my toddler grandson? 19 months old

eyoreaud

<font color=peach>Who? Us? Nosey? NEVER!<br><font
Hi All,
It's been a while!
We're of to Florida on the 28th of November with my 2 daughters and 19 months old grandson, do any of you guys have any tips for flying with a toddler? It's just under two weeks till we fly so super excited! :dogdance: Any tips would ge gratefully received

Things that worked for my 22 month old - stickers and an empty notepad to put them in, suckers, ipad with movies and apps, and a couple of new small toys: a new little train, little tub of play-doh, and those window gel clings - he loved sticking them to the tray table over and over.

also snacks. Lots of snacks!

Sticker books - lots of them. I used to take so many when my DS was young and they kept him occupied for hours.

:wave::disrocks:Thanks guys!​
I got a few sticker books and will defo take iPad, hmmm wonder if I an charge it onboard? We're flying Virgin PE

Info much appreciated

We fly Virgin PE and the crew have always being very helpful and attentive with our two children. My little boy did his first flight at 9 months old and has flown multiple times since then and all have gone smoothly. We always make sure we have lots of snacks, colouring, sticker books, favourite teddy, toys & reading books. I tend to use large ziploc bags to put the children's activities and just grab the one they want out this way it's easy to keep things together! Your Grandson will have enough room at your feet to have a little play so he won't feel too restricted. I also give my two some calpol just before we board to help with earache and any other uncomfortable niggles they my get from taking off. If he still has a dummy or bottle I would offer him this at take off too. Most importantly don't feel stressed just enjoy your flight and relax. Hope you have a lovely holiday.

:wave::disrocks:Thanks guys!​
I got a few sticker books and will defo take iPad, hmmm wonder if I an charge it onboard? We're flying Virgin PE

Info much appreciated
There are 3 pin sockets in PE between the seats on the pillar (not very well described sorry)

When DD was younger I used to take a few small toys - stacking cups where a favourite. Sticker books and the crayola color wonder. I also used to take a couple of proper books to look at with her.

She was always fine with those plus the IFE and occasionally an iPad.

You will be fine ignore people who pull a are you mad face. The good thing about virgin is there will be lots of children on board. On our flight last month lots of family's were walking the aisles with toddlers and there are enough of you to take turns. I know I used to take a 99p pack of plastasine and those wiki sticks are good for them to stick on the tray. If they have blankie/special soft toy take that.
My dd was 22m first time and she was fine. Did make row in front laugh at one point when she said Anna get off bus now somewhere over the Atlantic.

We went end November twice when dd was small magical time to go. All the Xmas decorations but not the crowds. Have some lovely memories. Hope you have a fantastic time.

When we took my daughter on her first trip she was 2yo. I made a lucky dip bag with small bits, every hour or so I would let her have a dip to keep her happy for a while. We also usually let her choose some new books and magazines from whsmith ( I think ) in the airport.

Thanks all!
Great ideas and info, yes, we love going Nov/Dec too, defo best time, appreciate the replies

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter