Any Tips on getting a decent flight $1100 a person! Yikes

We already bit the bullet on our July 2018 flights. I had been watching them this year with anticipation of going next year and had plugged a few dates in the Hopper app and a few others. We were originally going to go a Sat - Sat and the price from NC with one connection in DFW with AA was running between $1200 - $1500 per person, RT. I then tried Tuesday-Monday and it dropped to $980 and that was the lowest I saw it go and the Hopper app even alerted me it was a great price and likely to only go up. Doing the Tuesday - Monday saved us easily $1000 so I just got it over with and booked it, lol

I also think it's NUTS to pay that but agree with others, Hawaii is an expensive flight and conserving the distance from the East Coast I can somewhat get it. I had considered breaking up the flights and doing SWA to CA but that was starting to add too much time and risk and I didn't want to do that this go around.

Now the trick is to NOT check prices for our flights, ha ha. :)

Good luck everyone,
Heather

Haha. You must be the reason my $980 flights disappeared and now all I am seeing are $1300! ;) I had been watching flights from RDU and CLT for next July and am now kicking myself for not grabbing those cheaper ones. Just hoping it goes back down again. I am dreading having to buy 5 tickets!

Jim

Haha. You must be the reason my $980 flights disappeared and now all I am seeing are $1300! ;) I had been watching flights from RDU and CLT for next July and am now kicking myself for not grabbing those cheaper ones. Just hoping it goes back down again. I am dreading having to buy 5 tickets!

Jim
Oh my goodness that’s funny, but not really if you wanted the $980 flights! I can offer we aren’t using RDU or CLT this trip so it wasn’t me! :)

Heather

In Hawaii now and there is a big travel convention in town, sponsored by Southwest. Just waiting to hear the news sometime this week hopefully.

Hopefully, when Southwest announces flights to Hawaii, there will be a price war with the other airlines. Competition is healthy. We plan to go to Aulani in August 2018 and I'm watching the prices only go up.

We live in Buffalo and the flights are around $1000. We visited Aulani 3 years ago and flew out of Toronto and paid $530 direct through Air Canada. We are going again in January 2018. We are a family of 6 so the airfare adds up quick. I did some research and found that Delta sky miles had a promo for their american express card. There was a sign up bonus of 70,000 miles when you spend $4000 in the first 4 months. Easy to do with a family of 6. So I signed up for one for myself and one for my husband. Paid college tuition and the points were credited to our sky miles accounts immediately. Didn't even have to wait for the statement date. Anyway we got 6 round trips tickets from Toronto to Honolulu for FREE (we did have to pay $5 tax from HNL to Tor and $60 tax for Tor to HNL. 12,500 miles per passenger for each leg of the trip. Crazy!!!!
There is a $200 annual fee but you get $100 back if you make a Delta purchase in the first 4 months.
I don't think that promo is still available but there is a 60,000 point one.

We live in Buffalo and the flights are around $1000. We visited Aulani 3 years ago and flew out of Toronto and paid $530 direct through Air Canada. We are going again in January 2018. We are a family of 6 so the airfare adds up quick. I did some research and found that Delta sky miles had a promo for their american express card. There was a sign up bonus of 70,000 miles when you spend $4000 in the first 4 months. Easy to do with a family of 6. So I signed up for one for myself and one for my husband. Paid college tuition and the points were credited to our sky miles accounts immediately. Didn't even have to wait for the statement date. Anyway we got 6 round trips tickets from Toronto to Honolulu for FREE (we did have to pay $5 tax from HNL to Tor and $60 tax for Tor to HNL. 12,500 miles per passenger for each leg of the trip. Crazy!!!!
There is a $200 annual fee but you get $100 back if you make a Delta purchase in the first 4 months.
I don't think that promo is still available but there is a 60,000 point one.

Thanks for sharing, I'm going to look into this! I don't see a 60,000 mile one but a 40,000 one.. we need 4 tickets so that could still work.. is there some catch to this that I'm missing? Seems too good to be true!

Thanks for sharing, I'm going to look into this! I don't see a 60,000 mile one but a 40,000 one.. we need 4 tickets so that could still work.. is there some catch to this that I'm missing? Seems too good to be true!

No catch. Just the $200 annual fee. And as an Amex Skymiles member you and everyone in your party gets your first checked bag for FREE!!!

Messa
Thanks for sharing, I'm going to look into this! I don't see a 60,000 mile one but a 40,000 one.. we need 4 tickets so that could still work.. is there some catch to this that I'm missing? Seems too good to be true![/QUOT

Message me your Emil and I'll send you a link for a 50,000 bonus points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter