Any trip reports using Vegas Brazil, Alamo Code?

Chrisy76334

Earning My Ears
Can anyone report back that the Vegas Brazil rental code worked. Did you go to the counter? Did you on-line check in?

I did use search, which brought me to the thread you so kindly posted. I wouldn't have posted a thread, had I found an answer. I sat here all morning, searching on more then one message board looking for an absolute answer. I was hoping someone within the last month or 2 had used it, and could give me a definite yes or no, counter or online check-in worked for them..blah blah blah.

But thank you so much for pointing me to the link I had already searched through 8 Hours ago. We're all here to help each other, not be sarcastic.

This is from post #8 of that thread, one person did indicate they had no issue using the code
Hey dancin Disney style, did you have any trouble using this code on your trip?
I'm trying it for our September trip to Vegas and the rates are over $100 less for the week than regular Costco rate ($157 compared to $272), but still a little leery as no one seems to have any success stories to share.
Yes....I did use it. Gosh, I intended to come back and post about it but totally forgot. When I arrived at the Alamo counter the line was crazy long and I had left my DD waiting for the bags to come out. I needed to be finished quickly to get back to my DD so I opted for to use the kiosk. I had never used it before and it's my new BFF....I will use it every time from here on out. It was very easy!!!! So after getting the paper work from the kiosk I headed back upstairs to meet my DD. After we dragged the bags out to the garage we picked our car and off we went. The guy at the gate said nothing, just looked at my paperwork, scanned the sticker on the windshield and we drove off.

BTW, I had a compact booked and the lane was empty so we got a free upgrade to midsize. The midsize lane had a really weird assortment. Mainly Toyota Sienna's but there were also 2 Nissan pickup's, a few Hyundai accent's(which are econo's), a Kia Soul, Nissan Cube which we took and a few other assorted small cars.
and from post #42
I traveled to Disney in February with two other families and we used this code with no problems at all for three rental cars.
So it does appear people are using the code without issue

Last edited:
Yes, I saw those posts. I was hoping someone had used it like in June or July and could report back. But thank you! :)

I'm gonna run with the code, from what I read it has worked for people in the past. But I've also read about codes like this one is that people don't really know where they came from, or if you need an ID or membership to something to use it, and eventually the rental company catches on. I'm just trying to do all my research, so I'm fully informed, and I'm not going up to the counter blind. I have another reservation just in case. We shall see!!

Last edited:
Yes, I saw those posts. I was hoping someone had used it like in June or July and could report back. But thank you! :)

I'm gonna run with the code, from what I read it has worked for people in the past. But I've also read about codes like this one is that people don't really know where they came from, or if you need an ID or membership to something to use it, and eventually the rental company catches on. I'm just trying to do all my research, so I'm fully informed, and I'm not going up to the counter blind. I have another reservation just in case. We shall see!!

I will be using it 9/5 and will update how it goes.

Was just coming on here to post the same question. I feel like there were quite a few people I read about on the September thread that were using this code. Not sure if they ended up with a different code or not but would love to hear how it went for those that did use this code. Thanks

I did use search, which brought me to the thread you so kindly posted. I wouldn't have posted a thread, had I found an answer. I sat here all morning, searching on more then one message board looking for an absolute answer. I was hoping someone within the last month or 2 had used it, and could give me a definite yes or no, counter or online check-in worked for them..blah blah blah.

But thank you so much for pointing me to the link I had already searched through 8 Hours ago. We're all here to help each other, not be sarcastic.

Thanks for posting. I'm curious too. I'm a little hesitant to try it. :)

I'm one of the folks that used it with success.

I would absolutely use it again and use the kiosk to check in. Vegas Brazil is a legitimate travel agent so the code is a good one. I did a ton of searching to find out if it's an employee code or what but came up empty. I usually have the ressie that I want to use and a back up in case anything goes wrong. So that would be my suggestion for any one else that wants to try it.

Would it be best to use the kiosk or online check-in? Or is it pretty much the same--the same effect while by-passing the counter?

Would it be best to use the kiosk or online check-in? Or is it pretty much the same--the same effect while by-passing the counter?
I think it would be the same. I won't do online check in because I never want to commit until the last mintute. Regardless of how you bypass the counter you do still have to do a face to face with the person at the garage exit. My experience with those people is that they could care less.

So if you use the code and god forbid get in an accident or something happens to the car how does that affect you with the cdw insurance they have included. I have my own insurance that covers me but I thought I read somewhere that it would void that insurance? Never had anything happen to any car we have rented but would hate to have it be this time and not be covered if there is some rule. I guess that is what makes me the most hesitant. I have two reservations, one with the code and one without for a $50 difference. Anyone know the rule about the cdw insurance?

When I used the VB code insurance was not included and I don't see it there now. I have insurance through my Amex and I also have a rider on my personal auto policy that covers non-owned vehicles.

Sorry I failed to update. I used it but had trouble at first. Keep in mind it was at the Port Canaveral location.
My Dh went to the desk with the confirmation page while I waited outside with the luggage. He came out and I saw they charged us double. I went in to question it and at first they thought it was because we were 15 mins early. Then they questioned why so cheap for a one way. After a few mins they just said oh well its on the confirmation and adjusted the price down. It sounded like the computer automatically charged the higher amount. It worked out in the end for me and I would use it again with a backup reservation just in case.

I used the code for a 3 day rental on March 10th. I booked the car using the Vegas code and a $30 coupon. the price on my confirmation was $57 but at the counter (picked up the car at the CCC) the lady tells me that my total is $91. I said no and showed her my printed confirmation. She clicks away on the computer then tells me she has been locked out of the system and needs to start again. OK. She starts again and then tells me that the coupon is expired which is why it won't apply. I asked if since it was accepted on the reservation and clearly on my confirmation is there was a way to honour it. She asks a manager who says yes but then goes on to say that normally you can't apply a code AND a coupon. I was getting my way so I said nothing....took my car keys and left.

Now, we all know that you can in fact apply a code and coupon so I have no idea what that was all about other than they were trying to make me think they were doing me a favour. Whatever. I have successfully used this Vegas code WITH a coupon now 3 times.

Any recent posts on using the Brazil Vegas LLC code?
many times since it started to produce, last being end of February into March.

Only issue was the last one when renting an SFB vs MCO. 2nd time there since November. this go-around, clerk looked at rate and said "wow" and asked how i got the rate. As referenced above, she did have to do an over-ride to price it out properly. I just smiled, end of subject.

dancinstyle sounds like you may have fell into the loophole on website wherein the $30 "weekly rental" coupon was mistakenly working on shorter reservation. Reports now an error message is popping up when it's inputted.

CDW is not included on all the reservations with the VB code. You need to keep plugging away to book one without it being added. The CDW is thought to be considered the primary coverage when subrogation is involved...dicey as to whether your 'own' insurance companies would fight being asked to pay up in that instance...the reason many avoid booking a reservation that includes it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter