• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any update on AKL value rooms

hsc3boys

Mouseketeer
I noticed on the DVC website it states that the value rooms are not available from Dec to early spring due to resort construction.
Does anyone know if the value rooms are getting any work done to them. Last May we were moved to a standard one bed because the value one bed was in such a bad state and it also had issues with the heating/air con system. That room desperately needed some work doing to it, not what you expect at a deluxe resort at all.

No work being done. AKV - the DVC units - were refurbished in 2016. The Value units are out of circ because the nearby AKL hotel rooms are under construction.

I'm pretty sure the AKV value rooms are being remodeled since they are in Jambo. One of the people on this forum had an email from AKV telling them that their reservation had to be moved to something else (for free) since the rooms wouldnt be done in time.

They may be available later in the spring. I had a value studio waitlisted at Jambo for May 14th and found out this weekend that the waitlist came through. Now I’m just hoping there won’t be construction noise!

One of the other reasons we were moved last May was because we were looking out on construction being carried out to the hotel rooms, so the value rooms were still being used with construction work going on around them. Surely the regular hotel part must nearly be complete?

Where on the website does it say that, just curious as I have a reservation for next week in a AKL value.

Edit. I see it now.

Last edited:

Where on the website does it say that, just curious as I have a reservation for next week in a AKL value.

Edit. I see it now.

me too. I called this week and member services said that construction was done already and they are in use. This is the same day someone posted an image on another forum of the hallway blocked off with a construction door, and workers on a balcony working on the room

We checked in today. We had booked a value room but were told at check in that we were upgraded. The hallways to the value rooms are blocked off. We can see workers on the fifth floor in the value rooms doing something but can’t tell what. Will be interesting to hear from people staying value when they are done.

Were the balcony rails on the value rooms and rooms below always black? They are now.
The rest of the building are multi color which is what I remember.

I feel like I’m talking to myself, but to be thorough, they are clearly working on the DVC rooms too. I can see a paper taped to the window and 5th floor is included.
plusI answered my own question about the black rail since one pod is black and the other is the old multicolor.

I feel like I’m talking to myself, but to be thorough, they are clearly working on the DVC rooms too. I can see a paper taped to the window and 5th floor is included.
plusI answered my own question about the black rail since one pod is black and the other is the old multicolor.

But aren’t there regular rooms on 5th floor as well? That’s why values Re unavailable since you can’t get to them due to construction in the regular hotel rooms.

Or, are you saying you can see into a value room and it’s being redone?

But aren’t there regular rooms on 5th floor as well? That’s why values Re unavailable since you can’t get to them due to construction in the regular hotel rooms.

Or, are you saying you can see into a value room and it’s being redone?

All the 5th floor rooms that face inward are DVC so if that's where they see it then it's the DVC rooms too. Which is odd since they were just refurbed in 2016 or so? The hotel rooms that are on the 5th floor all face out towards the porte cochere although a few of those are DVC value.

We checked in today. We had booked a value room but were told at check in that we were upgraded. The hallways to the value rooms are blocked off. We can see workers on the fifth floor in the value rooms doing something but can’t tell what. Will be interesting to hear from people staying value when they are done.
We check in on the 7th for a value studio, so will definitely give an update if we’re updated, or if there are any room updates.
What were you upgraded to? And still in Jambo?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter