• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Any update on the new bedding (triple sheeting)?

JessLCH

DIS Veteran
I love DVC with the exception of the dated bedspreads that give me the feeling of a cheap motel. It amazes me that they still have these.

Does anyone have recent information on which DVC resorts have already changed over to triple sheeting? Also any info on when the rest of the properties are scheduled to be finished? I am staying at VWL next month. I love the property but hate the icky bedspreads.

I love DVC with the exception of the dated bedspreads that give me the feeling of a cheap motel. It amazes me that they still have these.

Does anyone have recent information on which DVC resorts have already changed over to triple sheeting? Also any info on when the rest of the properties are scheduled to be finished? I am staying at VWL next month. I love the property but hate the icky bedspreads.

I am in a BWV studio right now, I have the triple sheets. The top sheet is heavier than a regular sheet, it actually reminds me of a table cloth! Still have the stripped bed skirt. I like it - I always thought the bedspread clashed with the bed skirt. I'll try to post a picture later.

I am in a BWV studio right now, I have the triple sheets. The top sheet is heavier than a regular sheet, it actually reminds me of a table cloth! Still have the stripped bed skirt. I like it - I always thought the bedspread clashed with the bed skirt. I'll try to post a picture later.

Cool! We still had the bedspread in our 1 bedroom at BWV a couple of weeks ago. Hoping the new bedding is in our room in Dec. DSis is there now in a 1 bedroom. I'll have to ask if she has a bedspread.

BCV a few weeks ago-triple sheeting (in 2 separate villas we were in).
Kidani a few days before that (split stay)=still bedspreads.

DSis is at BWV 1 bedroom now and she says there is no bedspread, so maybe all of BWV has switched over now.

So it seems so far that BCV and BWV have changed to triple sheeting.

Any word on when OKW, SS, VWL, AKV will be changed?

We stayed at SSR last week and still had bedspreads. I will be sad to see them go. They are brand new and the design incorporates the Fox & the Hound. I never had a problem with the bedspreads and don't like the look of the triple sheeting system. If they had a bed scarf at the end it would look better, but the solid white bed just looks out of place with the resort theming, IMO.

We stayed at SSR last week and still had bedspreads. I will be sad to see them go. They are brand new and the design incorporates the Fox & the Hound. I never had a problem with the bedspreads and don't like the look of the triple sheeting system. If they had a bed scarf at the end it would look better, but the solid white bed just looks out of place with the resort theming, IMO.
I agree. I much prefer themed bedspreads to the triple sheeting. The latter looks too sterile.

I stayed at OKW this week-end and we had bedspreads. I prefer the triple sheeting but the look of it without a a scarf for a bit of theming and/or color, makes the rooms look blah!

I never had a problem with the bedspreads and don't like the look of the triple sheeting system. If they had a bed scarf at the end it would look better, but the solid white bed just looks out of place with the resort theming, IMO.

I agree. I much prefer themed bedspreads to the triple sheeting. The latter looks too sterile.

I also agree with these comments. I can understand a desire for something more hygenic, but I don't understand why the triple sheeting could not be themed. It seems like the top sheet could have colors and a pattern, such as an African print at AKV or seashells at BCV.

I also agree with these comments. I can understand a desire for something more hygenic, but I don't understand why the triple sheeting could not be themed. It seems like the top sheet could have colors and a pattern, such as an African print at AKV or seashells at BCV.

That is a great idea. :thumbsup2

I think that part of the issue is the laundry. It is much easier to throw all of the white sheets in together and use super hot water than to have to separate out the colored top sheets.

I have seen a lot of the triple sheeting set ups that looked great because of a bed scarf and colored pillows. The all white/only white DVC version is just so jarring, visually. I will be sad to see the bedspreads go.

In October we stayed in a Kidani 1BR and there was a bedspread. Then we went to Vero Beach and they had the sheets. The sheets at the beach resort made it look more light and airy and beachy. But I like to sleep under something heavier than a sheet. Or 3 sheets. Or whatever.

In October we stayed in a Kidani 1BR and there was a bedspread. Then we went to Vero Beach and they had the sheets. The sheets at the beach resort made it look more light and airy and beachy. But I like to sleep under something heavier than a sheet. Or 3 sheets. Or whatever.

The sheets should have a decent weight blanked wrapped up in them. It is not a system of just sheets, but more similar to a duvet. Pretty much all major hotels have something like this now for health and hygiene reasons.

Thanks for the VB update. Forgot to ask about VB and HHI. Appreciate those updates also.

That is a great idea. :thumbsup2

I think that part of the issue is the laundry. It is much easier to throw all of the white sheets in together and use super hot water than to have to separate out the colored top sheets.

I have seen a lot of the triple sheeting set ups that looked great because of a bed scarf and colored pillows. The all white/only white DVC version is just so jarring, visually. I will be sad to see the bedspreads go.

I think the problem with brightly colored print on sheets is that they would quickly fade in the wash and look awful and have to be replaced. I think a pretty bed scarf over white sheets is the way to go.

I totally agree! Talk about taking away the theme!

I think the problem with brightly colored print on sheets is that they would quickly fade in the wash and look awful and have to be replaced. I think a pretty bed scarf over white sheets is the way to go.

I agree with the bed scarf idea. Just add SOMETHING to fit with the theme of each place.

The white ones are the same resort wide therefore, less expensive and easier to replace and laundry. Same as those dull white plates we have now. Boo.

Now it will be dull white beds and dull white plates, pretty soon they will all look the same. :(

The white ones are the same resort wide therefore, less expensive and easier to replace and laundry. Same as those dull white plates we have now. Boo.

Now it will be dull white beds and dull white plates, pretty soon they will all look the same. :(

Maybe so but at least I don't have the 2-ton comforter/worthless dirty piece of crap in a pile in the corner of my bedroom for the entire visit.

I arrive at Jambo on the 29th and leave on the 4th. My prediction is that AK will be done the weekend of the 7th. Sigh.

Here now, BLT two bedroom has them and I like it. We were at Kidani earlier in our trip and it was not done there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter