Any USA entry updates?

My best friend lives up in Ohio, but, her kids visited family in Clearwater for Thanksgiving and they have all just tested positive for Covid. Florida is very lax on restrictions outside the theme parks and can it be guaranteed safe to visit even if you stay on site the entire trip. I think my plan to not go until next Christmas is a sensible one.

well, my husband and i have appointments for this wednesday morning (dec. 23) to get our corona vaccines (pfizer).
Here's hoping it all goes ok.
Maybe i'll finally be able to fly to the US to bring my mom back.
But the US seems to be more complicated in terms of her getting the vaccine.
Even though she's 93, it seems she won't be getting the first one until february at the earliest, which is annoying me to distraction.
If she were here, she'd be right with me on Wednesday.

well, my husband and i have appointments for this wednesday morning (dec. 23) to get our corona vaccines (pfizer).
Here's hoping it all goes ok.
Maybe i'll finally be able to fly to the US to bring my mom back.
But the US seems to be more complicated in terms of her getting the vaccine.
Even though she's 93, it seems she won't be getting the first one until february at the earliest, which is annoying me to distraction.
If she were here, she'd be right with me on Wednesday.
Wow thats lucky, are you priority groups or able to go private in Israel?

Wow thats lucky, are you priority groups or able to go private in Israel?

Israel is vaccinating everyone who is 60 years old and up in the first round.
Healthcare workers are all being vaccinated through work.
The public (60 years old an up) are being vaccinated through their healthcare organizations.
We have socialized medicine similar to the UK, except that we have 4 healthcare organizations (not one).
But it operates like socialized medicine and everyone is covered.
And the government instructs the 4 organizations what they have to cover, what they can charge. Things like that.

Anyway, the government has instructed that everyone 60 and over is to be vaccinated in the first round, which is apparently beginning on Sunday.
There's enough vaccine already in the country to cover 1.9 million people (3.8 million doses), which is a lot.
There are about 9 million people living here, so 1.9 million people is a large chunk of the population.

Yesterday at 6 PM, my husband and i got emails to call the central number to make our appointments.
We tried calling right away, but the phone system crashed because so many people were calling.
So we tried again at opening this morning (8 am) and got through.
Wednesday morning (at 10:24 and 10:32) was available at the vaccine center near us, so we were very happy to reserve that.
they also gave us appointments for the 2nd dose in january.

Sounds like they are making good progress, let us know how it goes :)

I'm in the 4th priority group, being in my 30s but Immune Suppressed. My infusion nurse yesterday was telling my they working out which vaccine (Pfizer or Oxford) will be best for immune suppressed patients. I'm whichever has the best T Cell Response. Some of the Tabloids here have linked to a calculator which guesstimates when you'd get the vaccine. Fingers crossed I'd get it early 2021!

Interestingly the medication I am on for Crohns disease is being trialed with Covid Patients to reduce the lung inflammation.

Sounds like they are making good progress, let us know how it goes :)

I'm in the 4th priority group, being in my 30s but Immune Suppressed. My infusion nurse yesterday was telling my they working out which vaccine (Pfizer or Oxford) will be best for immune suppressed patients. I'm whichever has the best T Cell Response. Some of the Tabloids here have linked to a calculator which guesstimates when you'd get the vaccine. Fingers crossed I'd get it early 2021!

Interestingly the medication I am on for Crohns disease is being trialed with Covid Patients to reduce the lung inflammation.

which crohns medication are you on? remicade? it makes perfect sense that one of the medications used for crohn/colitis would help with the covid inflammatory response.
There's at least one doctor in the US who has been using the method very successfully.

Now that the UK is hosting a new and apparently more easily transmitted version of the lurgy and the US is maintaining it's record breaking lead in infections and deaths, I'd be a little surprised if the restrictions are lifted in the near future. :(

which crohns medication are you on? remicade? it makes perfect sense that one of the medications used for crohn/colitis would help with the covid inflammatory response.
There's at least one doctor in the US who has been using the method very successfully.
Yeah that’s what I’m on. It does make complete sense!
Good luck for your appt!

Yeah that’s what I’m on. It does make complete sense!
Good luck for your appt!

when this corona virus first hit, the assumption was that people with auto-immune diseases were at higher risk.
But as it turned out, the reverse was actually true.
People with some auto-immune diseases had no worse outcomes than average and those on biologics like remicade actually did better.
That is, they were much less likely to have complications from an inflammatory response.

After yesterday's PM briefing, it looks like none of us will be going anywhere in the spring.😢

Yeah, a couple of weeks ago I was feeling quite confident for our end of April trip, don't see any chance of that happening now. Can't imagine the US will be allowing folks into the country by then.

With the state that U.S.A & Florida are in Do you Really want to travel there ?

I think give it a miss till the late Summer
I would if I get a vaccine ;) Not that I expect to get one anytime soon....

We just suspended all flights to/from UK except for cargo.

Can someone fill me in on your PM's briefing?

I would if I get a vaccine ;) Not that I expect to get one anytime soon....

We just suspended all flights to/from UK except for cargo.

Can someone fill me in on your PM's briefing?

New strain of the virus has come to light in South East so London and most of the areas around there are now in Tier 4 which is total lockdown apart from schools. Wales has also implemented Tier 4 early (was meant to come in on the 28th December but came in at Midnight on Saturday) as has Scotland I believe to. Christmas has basically been cancelled for most people. I really wish they hadn't given us hope of being able to see family at Christmas as I think that would have been easier to deal with than having to change plans twice now in 1 week! We are in Wales and the Tier 4 announcement on Tuesday led us to rethink out original plans to see my sister and her hubby but this change on Saturday evening (5pm the announcement was made) meant we had to scrambled together and go see them on Saturday to exchange gifts etc before the midnight lock down. It was way more stressful than any of us wanted or needed.

New strain of the virus has come to light in South East so London and most of the areas around there are now in Tier 4 which is total lockdown apart from schools. Wales has also implemented Tier 4 early (was meant to come in on the 28th December but came in at Midnight on Saturday) as has Scotland I believe to. Christmas has basically been cancelled for most people. I really wish they hadn't given us hope of being able to see family at Christmas as I think that would have been easier to deal with than having to change plans twice now in 1 week! We are in Wales and the Tier 4 announcement on Tuesday led us to rethink out original plans to see my sister and her hubby but this change on Saturday evening (5pm the announcement was made) meant we had to scrambled together and go see them on Saturday to exchange gifts etc before the midnight lock down. It was way more stressful than any of us wanted or needed.

i watched sky news last night...
all those poor shop owners who had stocked up with Christmas stuff but had to shut down suddenly...
i wonder how many will have been broken by this...
spending money to stock your store and then having to shut so no income at all....just a complete loss..
this virus is really destroying people..

we've closed our borders to the UK, South Africa and Denmark because of the new strain.
Only Israeli citizens can enter from those countries, but they're being sent to corona hotels to be quarantined.
The government decided to do that because people have proven that they can't be trusted to quarantine properly at home.

when this corona virus first hit, the assumption was that people with auto-immune diseases were at higher risk.
But as it turned out, the reverse was actually true.
People with some auto-immune diseases had no worse outcomes than average and those on biologics like remicade actually did better.
That is, they were much less likely to have complications from an inflammatory response.
Yeah, theres alot of amazing research going on at the moment, and at such a speed compared to usual, I assume due to more funding!

I really wish they hadn't given us hope of being able to
Yes. I considered the idea being mooted in the summer of 'normal by Christmas' was utterly insane given our extensive experience of winter flu, etc. Unbelievably stupid.

this virus is really destroying people..
I do feel sorry for the traders, etc, but many are getting some government support, so hopefully will survive.

people have proven that they can't be trusted
I think that is the main problem. It's like seatbelt wearing a couple of decades ago - there's a kind of "it won't happen to me" attitude.
If people would behave sensibly and responsibly then we wouldn't need these draconian restrictions and many lives and businesses could be saved.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter