Any USA entry updates?

Yes I applied for an ESTA and it came through in normal time. Feeling less optimistic by the day for my March trip, but maybe we will be lucky.

I've seen March Flights cancelled by Virgin already.

If the UK are not finishing vaccinating the Vulnerable till late Spring, I can't see how travel will be allowed given the 'Open Everything' attitude in much of the US.

My personal feeling is that once the UK Vulnerable are all vaccinated, we'll be seeing all the tiers and lockdowns removed across the UK and just told to wear masks and keep distance till enough of the country takes the vaccine.

I've seen March Flights cancelled by Virgin already.

If the UK are not finishing vaccinating the Vulnerable till late Spring, I can't see how travel will be allowed given the 'Open Everything' attitude in much of the US.

My personal feeling is that once the UK Vulnerable are all vaccinated, we'll be seeing all the tiers and lockdowns removed across the UK and just told to wear masks and keep distance till enough of the country takes the vaccine.
They've said this morning all over 50's should be vaccinated by late spring so that's positive news meaning the "rest of the UK" without sounding harsh should then hopefully get it not long after

They've said this morning all over 50's should be vaccinated by late spring so that's positive news meaning the "rest of the UK" without sounding harsh should then hopefully get it not long after

Yes fingers crossed that with this morning's approval of the Oxford jab and that they can be given up to 12 weeks apart, I'm hopeful that we should be able to fly by the end of April. I think they'll be able to speed things up substantially so that all those in group 1 are done by the end of March. Having just watched the conference with the MHRA that is certainly what they believed. :) 🤞

Yes fingers crossed that with this morning's approval of the Oxford jab and that they can be given up to 12 weeks apart, I'm hopeful that we should be able to fly by the end of April. I think they'll be able to speed things up substantially so that all those in group 1 are done by the end of March. Having just watched the conference with the MHRA that is certainly what they believed. :) 🤞
I just watched that too. As much as the vulnerable are likely to be done by March, I don't think travel will be normal for 6 months.

The people who are rule breaking now, will go nuts once Phase 1 is complete and restrictions are reduced, and cases will rocket, but hospitalisation will reduce. I can't see the US wanting to let anyone without a having had a vaccine.

i hadn't heard the news....that's fantastic that oxford/astrazeneca has been approved in the UK..
they've been saying that the oxford/astrazeneca vaccine is the one that would most likely be used in the 'rest of the world' - meaning poor countries that simply can't handle pfizer and moderna's vaccines..
so this is great news for the poorer countries of the world, and by extension the rest of us, since it has to be controlled worldwide for it to finally be 'over'....

I just watched that too. As much as the vulnerable are likely to be done by March, I don't think travel will be normal for 6 months.

The people who are rule breaking now, will go nuts once Phase 1 is complete and restrictions are reduced, and cases will rocket, but hospitalisation will reduce. I can't see the US wanting to let anyone without a having had a vaccine.
I honestly can't see the new Government in the US making incoming travel from Europe a priority. He basically run on putting virus controls in place, plus early Feb would potentially when the US hits some really awful numbers. I agree, I can't see this being anywhere near normal until summer season. Just mho.

I honestly can't see the new Government in the US making incoming travel from Europe a priority. He basically run on putting virus controls in place, plus early Feb would potentially when the US hits some really awful numbers. I agree, I can't see this being anywhere near normal until summer season. Just mho.
Biden's chief medical advisor or corona advisor, or whatever her title is, has already said they're going to close down the whole country.
Of course, given that the federal government has no authority to do that, i wonder how she plans on that happening...
but in any case, you can see their thought process from statements of that kind...

Biden's chief medical advisor or corona advisor, or whatever her title is, has already said they're going to close down the whole country.
Of course, given that the federal government has no authority to do that, i wonder how she plans on that happening...
but in any case, you can see their thought process from statements of that kind...
I'm guessing the Democrat Governers will be happy enough to go along with it. I can't imagine Ron De Santos will want to!

I'm guessing the Democrat Governers will be happy enough to go along with it. I can't imagine Ron De Santos will want to!
i figure once they make some progress on vaccines, they won't be that gungho to shut down..
but it's not clear how long the vaccine process will take...
now that astrazeneca is close to being approved in the US, then it really might speed things along given how easy that vaccine is to administer (from what i understand)..

i figure once they make some progress on vaccines, they won't be that gungho to shut down..
but it's not clear how long the vaccine process will take...
now that astrazeneca is close to being approved in the US, then it really might speed things along given how easy that vaccine is to administer (from what i understand)..
Yeah the Oxford one looks to be easily transportable. A company in Wales is getting ready to produce 250 million vaccines a year!

Yeah the Oxford one looks to be easily transportable. A company in Wales is getting ready to produce 250 million vaccines a year!
i just found the astrazeneca press release that says it's gearing up to manufacture 3 billion doses in 2021...
wow...that's a lot..
and in a sky article it says the vaccine costs less than £3 per dose....that's incredibly cheap...and has much cheaper supply chain requirements...

i just found the astrazeneca press release that says it's gearing up to manufacture 3 billion doses in 2021...
wow...that's a lot..
and in a sky article it says the vaccine costs less than £3 per dose....that's incredibly cheap...and has much cheaper supply chain requirements...
It'll be the vaccine that helps out poor countries, I believe is they may get it at either cost price, or even for free

It'll be the vaccine that helps out poor countries, I believe is they may get it at either cost price, or even for free

absolutely - they've said that...poor countries are unable to handle pfizer or even moderna (which is easier than pfizer).
they said that astrazeneca would save them....it will be much easier for them to administer...

wow...that's a lot..
Just bear in mind that for the Pfizer, Moderna and AZ/Oxford vaccines (and possibly others) each person needs two doses.
So AZ is expecting to provide for 'only' 1.5 billion people into early 2022.
To properly see this disease beaten into a corner maybe 6-7 billion need to be vaccinated - and we don't know if some/all of these vaccines may need an annual (or god forbid, shorter) booster dose.
And then there is the 'anti-vaccer' problem which could mean we struggle to get enough people vaccinated despite having enough vials of the stuff.

It's good news for sure, but it's way to early to have a parade - even in WDW :)

Just bear in mind that for the Pfizer, Moderna and AZ/Oxford vaccines (and possibly others) each person needs two doses.
So AZ is expecting to provide for 'only' 1.5 billion people into early 2022.
To properly see this disease beaten into a corner maybe 6-7 billion need to be vaccinated - and we don't know if some/all of these vaccines may need an annual (or god forbid, shorter) booster dose.
And then there is the 'anti-vaccer' problem which could mean we struggle to get enough people vaccinated despite having enough vials of the stuff.

It's good news for sure, but it's way to early to have a parade - even in WDW :)

you really don't need to beat it into a corner....
you need to get all the vulnerable vaccinated...
those ages about 50 and up and high risk...
once that's done, hospitals will barely know covid exits..

you really don't need to beat it into a corner....
you need to get all the vulnerable vaccinated...
those ages about 50 and up and high risk...
once that's done, hospitals will barely know covid exits..
In the short term that's probably true.
But the more infections you have the more mutations will happen and the more chance of good (for the virus) mutations appearing, like the current UK and SA versions. Eventually you'll get one that can resist/dodge the current vaccines and (having removed all precautions and travel restrictions) in a matter of days it's around the world and we are in trouble again.
Over the last year we've seen how western half measures (because freedom is more important) have failed to control it.
So I do believe we need to beat it into a corner. We struggle every year with flu and this really is worse than flu despite what the twitterverse may think.

In the short term that's probably true.
But the more infections you have the more mutations will happen and the more chance of good (for the virus) mutations appearing, like the current UK and SA versions. Eventually you'll get one that can resist/dodge the current vaccines and (having removed all precautions and travel restrictions) in a matter of days it's around the world and we are in trouble again.
Over the last year we've seen how western half measures (because freedom is more important) have failed to control it.
So I do believe we need to beat it into a corner. We struggle every year with flu and this really is worse than flu despite what the twitterverse may think.
the problem is there are really a lot of anti-vaxxers out there....
plus, they have to test kids, because until kids can be vaccinated, you're not beating anything into a corner...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter