Any way to show search results as threads, not posts?

mill4023

DIS Veteran
I'm doing a search and I'm getting a whole page of results that are all from the same thread. The search word shows up in the thread title, so every post in the thread is getting "RE: whatever the thread title is" as the individual post title.
Most other boards have
search functions that allow you to show results as threads instead of individual posts.

It's also taking a very long time for results to show up and sometimes it's saying "no results found" until I hit the button a second time.

Search and the various search functions has not worked here in over a year and a half. Best is to try and work with Google or Yahoo.

Search and the various search functions has not worked here in over a year and a half. Best is to try and work with Google or Yahoo.

Well, to be fair, it has worked. It's just worked poorly and inconsistently. Trust me, I share your frustration.

But it seems like something changed with the way each post is titled according to the thread title. I thought that when I searched a couple months ago, I'd usually only get one result for each thread. But now, if the word I'm searching for is in the thread title, I get every post in that thread as a hit. I don't remember having all of those posts getting an "RE: thread title" as the title for the individual post.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter