Any Western Canadians doing the long haul to WDW?

We live in Northern BC so we understand the long haul. We usually go to Disneyland twice a year because it is so close but have been to the World once and are going again Sept. 2 to the 14th. We fly out of Prince George BC so it is a full day of travel. We used Airmiles this trip and were able to pick our flights and wait times. So looking forward to returning to the World but we have already booked a trip to Disneyland in February :cool1:

we're BCers and make the trek to WDW more than DL, though funnily enough after an almost 2 decade hiatus on DL trips we went last October, then spent a day there in May and December of next year we're going back again.

That being said we're back to WDW next week. We own at BLT and Aulani so we're splitting our years/trips between WDW and Hawaii now.

We often fly out of Seattle though we've had a couple great deals out of YVR as well.

Also from BC, we're flying out of Vancouver (via San Fran) on United ($1000 for 4 travelers) and the return trip is on American to LAX and then on Alaska onwards to Vancouver. The return flight was on points.

United had some amazing deals earlier this year. I had posted them on the boards a couple months ago. The prices were in par pretty much with Seattle.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using DISBoards

Another from Saskatchewan (hard to spell, easy to draw) and we had our frist trip to WDW over New year's 2012-13. Had such a great time that, on return, we joined DVC. Have our next two trips to WDW booked and a third to Aulani planned. The first trip we took , and next two we're going on, are booked with United. Usu we go via DEN on the way down and ORD on the way back. The next trip is for 12 nights in Dec (getting a break from the Prairie winter) and a spring trip for 7 nights in Mar for the Epcot Flower & Garden festival. The Aulani trip is going to be 14 nights and traveling Air Canada with Airmiles, if all goes according to plan. We try to go for longer stays and look for different days of the week to fly to get the best airline deals.

Leaving from Vancouver in 3 weeks! I seem to get to both WDW and DL each once a year. This trip to WDW I used Aeroplan miles and got great flights! A red eye via Seattle/Houston on the way down with united that will have me in Orlando by 10:30am!( yes I'm one of those odd ones who prefers to fly over night, it's not like I'd get any sleep the night before an early flight anyway and I hate the idea of wasting daylight hours in transit when I could already be there soaking in the Magic)! On the way back I leave late afternoon with one stop in Denver also on united. 25000 miles and $98 taxes!

Leaving from Vancouver in 3 weeks! I seem to get to both WDW and DL each once a year. This trip to WDW I used Aeroplan miles and got great flights! A red eye via Seattle/Houston on the way down with united that will have me in Orlando by 10:30am!( yes I'm one of those odd ones who prefers to fly over night, it's not like I'd get any sleep the night before an early flight anyway and I hate the idea of wasting daylight hours in transit when I could already be there soaking in the Magic)! On the way back I leave late afternoon with one stop in Denver also on united. 25000 miles and $98 taxes!

See my post below - you and I think the same about redeye flights LOL

See my post below - you and I think the same about redeye flights LOL

I like red-eyes, husband does them when I book them and prefers to not have them as he can't sleep well on flights while I pass out so this time we're arriving at 6:20pm to which my husband says, "That's so late in the day." uuuugh I just can't win. lol

We are going to WDW for the first time in December. Yay! We live 2 hours out of Edmonton and will fly direct to Orlando with West Jet.
I've booked a 2 bedroom suite offsite for 10 days and we'll end our vacation by staying at a deluxe resort.
The whole family is soooo excited for this trip! We did DLR a couple of years ago and loved it.

The countdown is on!!
:cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

I was a bit annoyed with United this morning because they changed our departing flight to one 3 hours earlier that left us with a long layover in Houston. Once I checked the schedule online I could see the flight was cancelled. But what's this? The 11:55 PM departure is being offered from YEG again. After a quick call to the airline, we are now leaving the evening before and arriving at Orlando at 11 am instead of 7 PM. Better add a day to out tickets!!:thumbsup2

I was a bit annoyed with United this morning because they changed our departing flight to one 3 hours earlier that left us with a long layover in Houston. Once I checked the schedule online I could see the flight was cancelled. But what's this? The 11:55 PM departure is being offered from YEG again. After a quick call to the airline, we are now leaving the evening before and arriving at Orlando at 11 am instead of 7 PM. Better add a day to out tickets!!:thumbsup2

More Disney time hurray !!! :) Our return flight on Alaska got changed not long ago as well. We don't mind as it is pushed back nearly 1 hour so more time on our last day to enjoy the happiest place on earth!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

The United rep I spoke to was a little reluctant to make the change at first because it was to a different day but I told him that's the flight I would have booked in the first place and after all it was only 5 minutes. Besides, I told him, who else really wants a red eye flight anyway. He just laughed and made the change. :)

We are going May 2014!!! :cool1: Myself, DH, DD (13) and DS (10)

We are from the Okanagan region of BC. We will be flying out of Seattle as we can get direct flights to MCO to and from there. We fly out on a Saturday morning so will drive to Seattle Friday afternoon and stay over so we can be at the airport first thing in the morning.

We are there for 2 weeks. We have gone to Disneyland 2 times in the last 4 years and this will probably be our only trip to DW. But that's what we said about DL when we went the first time! lol

We will stay onsite at Universal the first 2 nights then the plan is to move to POR for the remainder of our stay. We are planning a day trip to Kennedy Space Center.

We are a little nervous and overwhelmed by the advance planning it seems to take for DW! The idea of booking fast passes 6 weeks out is...well, weird!!! We are planners, but once we get to DL itself we tend to go with the flow.

I look forward to hearing about all of your trips!

Eddygirl

We are going May 2014!!! :cool1: Myself, DH, DD (13) and DS (10)

We are from the Okanagan region of BC. We will be flying out of Seattle as we can get direct flights to MCO to and from there. We fly out on a Saturday morning so will drive to Seattle Friday afternoon and stay over so we can be at the airport first thing in the morning.

We are there for 2 weeks. We have gone to Disneyland 2 times in the last 4 years and this will probably be our only trip to DW. But that's what we said about DL when we went the first time! lol

We will stay onsite at Universal the first 2 nights then the plan is to move to POR for the remainder of our stay. We are planning a day trip to Kennedy Space Center.

We are a little nervous and overwhelmed by the advance planning it seems to take for DW! The idea of booking fast passes 6 weeks out is...well, weird!!! We are planners, but once we get to DL itself we tend to go with the flow.

I look forward to hearing about all of your trips!

Eddygirl

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter