Any wifi yet?

When I picked up our modem from the Meadows trading post last week the clerk actually told me he thought they would be installing WiFi soon. I couldn't help but laugh.

I wanted to add that the cable signal was weak and I had to wire the modem direct to the pole and then split to my camper. I should have reported it but we didn't really need it that much and it was free.

When we were there in late September, there was a guy walking around the loops measuring signals. Husband spoke to him at our site, and said he was doing research for WIFI installation.

PS he was not a Disney employee

When we were there in late September, there was a guy walking around the loops measuring signals. Husband spoke to him at our site, and said he was doing research for WIFI installation.

PS he was not a Disney employee

Now THIS is interesting, eyoretoo.

In my office building we recently had a new WIFI system turned up to provide a flexible work place for work-at-home employees to "come into the office" when they needed/wanted to and not worry about having enough wired Ethernet desk positions or reserving one of the "drop in" wired desk locations. Instead they can connect via WIFI to the corporate network. The number of desks is no longer an issue. Grab an empty cube, meeting room, a cafeteria table, or stand in the hallway - it definitely is easier to get on the network.

Anyway, I am one of the few employees at this location who comes into the office every single day. But earlier this spring, they had a guy come through the office pushing a cart with a laptop and walking among the desks in a grid fashion. Of course something that odd piqued my interest so I was nosy and asked him what he was doing. As your guy told your husband, he was walking around recording signal strength to test if the antenna locations were placed properly to meet the minimum signal strength.

So that is a very positive, real sign. Thanks for sharing! :thumbsup2

Bama Ed

Last edited:
A stable WIFI system at the Fort is seriously needed. So much stuff is done online these days including the Mydisneyexperience Disney is pushing so heavily. We're here now and as usual the internet experience is pityful. Every time we go online our TV picture starts to freeze, skip and pixelate. Not cool for a company of Disney's magnitude.

A stable WIFI system at the Fort is seriously needed. So much stuff is done online these days including the Mydisneyexperience Disney is pushing so heavily. We're here now and as usual the internet experience is pityful. Every time we go online our TV picture starts to freeze, skip and pixelate. Not cool for a company of Disney's magnitude.

Last year we ended up taking our modem back and I just used my phone as a hotspot while we were there to update to the Disboards.

Last year we ended up taking our modem back and I just used my phone as a hotspot while we were there to update to the Disboards.

Chris, I used my hotspot feature too on my last January trip so I'm with you.

While we all talk about wanting WIFI, my personal experience with campground WIFI and on reading campground reviews on www.rvparkreviews.com (one of my favorite resources) is that less than 10% of the campgrounds offer an acceptable WIFI experience. Yeah, I know the definition of each person's "acceptable" might be different. And we would expect that top tier 10% performance experience from Disney. But we know technology hasn't always been Disney's (or their contractors') strong suit.

If the Fort got WIFI, folks would log into their Netflix accounts or stream movies from Amazon all over the place. Don't like tonight's Chip & Dale movie at the Fort? Let's stream Beauty & the Beast at our site in HD. Blah blah blah.

So part of me is hopeful and part of me doesn't really care. :confused3 My hotspot feature gets me on the DIS while I'm at the Fort so I'm good.

Bama Ed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter