Any word on 2016 Marathon Course

On quick glance...same as last year except speedway is replaced with out & back near Animal Kingdom??
Yeah I think stuff in AK must be slightly different becuase you hit 12 pretty close to entering the park last year and this year you hit 12 mid way through it, but you still hit mile 14 at the same time.

Agree. The out and back make-up is on Western Way. Wish there was less ESPN.

Spent more time comparing the maps from 2015 and 2016 because there was a bigger disparity than just the out and back on wester way.. Yes I am a dork. In 2015 the route came in closer to straight above the tree of life. In 2016 it hits the main path closer to Animal kingdom From mile 13 onthey are the same
.2015 Screen Shot 2015-12-08 at 4.56.21 PM.png 2016 Screen Shot 2015-12-08 at 5.02.55 PM.png

Im so excited to have all this new information to obsess about!

Edit to ask, has anyone located the revised course on USATF site? Is the course certified yet? Not that I am getting a BQ, I was just curious...

I would also like to mention I hate U-turns on courses.

...has anyone located the revised course on USATF site? Is the course certified yet? Not that I am getting a BQ, I was just curious...

I am sure it has been measured and maybe even certified (or at a minimum in the process of being certified), but it is not yet posted on the USATF website. For Avengers, they didn't post it until 11 days prior to the race (well after the event guide came out with the basic course map).

Here is my best guess as to the new course route into AK...

WDW Marathon - AK portion.jpg

I don't know how you do all that dairy at mile 15! I would love to but would be afraid of the consequences, around mile 20.

that may throw a monkey wrench in my plans to launch a line of cheese flavored gu's. Goat Cheese, Brie, Blue Cheese ...etc. Who wouldn't like the taste of a little smoked gouda at mile 22?

And that's why I'm running the Marthon du Medoc next fall. 26.2 miles of wine tasting, cheese stops, and even an oysters & champagne table at mile 20.
I'm very jealous. I'd like to do a marathon in Paris, but I have local Medoc Marathon. The Medoc Mountain Trail Marathon. They have mountain dew on the course and bbq at the finish so it's pretty much the same thing.

that may throw a monkey wrench in my plans to launch a line of cheese flavored gu's. Goat Cheese, Brie, Blue Cheese ...etc. Who wouldn't like the taste of a little smoked gouda at mile 22?

I'm all about this. Better get a Kickstarter going ;)

Mountain Dew???? Really. You should bring your own wine and champagne with you ::yes::

This would be interesting.

And that's why I'm running the Marthon du Medoc next fall. 26.2 miles of wine tasting, cheese stops, and even an oysters & champagne table at mile 20.

My van for TIR is going to be full of Whataburger chicken biscuits and ice, cold beer.

Don't mess with Texas, y'all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter