Any word on what the guides will do when DVC Sells out this fall?

sgtpet

DIS Veteran
From other posts it seems apparent that VWL will sell out in late October or November and yet sales of BCV won't happen until 9/2002. Will they be let go? I sure hope not.

It would be good to get your feedback.

I doubt that VB and HH will be sold out by then, but that will probably not be enough business to keep all the guides occupied. Perhaps cross training?;) With the cutbacks at Disney, maybe some will fill in as ride operators, others as costumed characters, maybe still others will debut as stars in the various shows. ;) ;) It is, indeed, a very interesting question, though. My best answer is--I have no clue!

My guide told me that pre-sales of BCV definately will happen it is just the question of when. So as soon as that starts, hopefully soon, they will be VERY busy.

I'm wondering if it would be possible for some of them to work at Celebration Realty. I know one former DVC guide was a salesperson there.

Can you imagine this scenario: VWL sells out in November, BCV start presell in December, sell out by Dec 2002. Then what will they do until Eagle Pines come on board? Probably far fetched but either way, Guides will have little product to sell either in between VWL and BCV or BCV and EPV. Maybe they will all move to resales! (LOL)

Get real jobs....just kidding, but with the way VWL sold, what a great sales job. I would think that the DVC would find something for the really strong ones to do. I have read on these boards that they are on salary and not comission but I can't see a plus for management under that set-up.

Maybe the timetable will be moved up for VEP. Since VEP has projected to open in 2004 and is a larger complex, it seems they could open it in phases, as I think was done for OKW. It's possible that some units would be available earlier than 2004, maybe 2003. If DVC does presales, I don't see them ever being out of things to sell even if VWL sells out in Oct/Nov.

Here's the time table I see.

1) VWL sells out by Nov 2001.
2) BCV presales start Jan 2002 (with some presale incentive).
3) HH and VB sell out Dec 2002.
4) BCV sells out by summer 2003.
5) VEP starts presales 2003.
6) VEP sells out 2006.

We just bought VWL I am eagarly waiting for BCV, I hope there is a presale incentive. We are trying to plan 2002 vacation and are having a hard time because we won't know how many 2002 points we will have until we've added on at BCV. Anyone else have some wild speculation?:p

The planned phase in for Eagle Pines is

Inn Building (including pool, restaurants, health club etc.) and 1 Villa building to open Spring/Summer 2004.

4 additional Villa buildings to open throughout the year for a total of 360 studio, one- two- bedroom and GV units.

Final phase of 5 additional Villa buildings with 240 units to open by Spring/Summer 2005.

Maybe there isn't such a push to pre-sell BCV because there will most likely be a gap somewhere -- either between VWL and BCV or BCV and the new large development. If the gap happens now, they still have some Vero and HHI to buy time.

One of the sales people manning a booth at the parks told us that DVC is one of the most profitable subsidiaries of Disney-- he then grinned and said that he probably shouldn't be saying that to a member. Sounds like they've got room for a little slack for a month or too if VWL indeed sells out this fall. After all, if it DOES sell out, that's a good thing, financially speaking.

What's the rush on BCV construction if they don't plan on opening early. Maybe the anounced timetable for all the BCV and VEP resorts will be accelerated. With presales, and moved up opening dates, I don't think CMs will be lacking something to sell.

From other reports on this board, it seems that BCV contruction is moving right along. Some have said that it going round the clock. I expect that they will be moving up the BCV opening date to spring:) , or at least I hope they will! Have any recent travelers checked it out this month??? I guess I will have to be a roving reporter when we go in Sept.:smooth: Can't wait:bounce: :bounce:

My guess is if VWL sells out in less than 1 year as predicted by most, BCV will sell out at least as fast. I'm basing this conjecture on: 1. Popularity of location and fact BWV are sold out- only resort that will have same kind of access. 2. Storm Along bay 3. All the dedicated Yacht and Beach Club fans out there. So unless the economy keeps taking a nose dive, and the prices of BCV are exorbitantly high, BCV will sell out in 10-12 months.

As far as the guides are concerned, I only wish them the best and hope they will keep them busy promoting the new resorts!

Very funny Mike. Very funny. What ever happened to revamping the election process?

Very good, MikeBW. However, the sales reps I have met have all been honest, decent , hard working people, which likely disqualifies them for the job you suggest.

Johnie,

I returned from WDW last week. When we were at Epcot we took a walk in the 100 degree weather to check out the construction.

It didn't look like much to me. The concrete floors appear to be in, the walls are not. It sort of looks like a skeleton of a building. I expected to see more of a building. Then again, I know nothing about construction of resorts. :D

Here is another thought: If they do have a pre-sale of BCV, will the point be able to be used as soon as they are purchased or upon completion of the resort.

Example: I buy an add-on at BCV at the start the pre-sale, which is "X" months before the doors open, will I be able to use my BCV points at the other resorts? Or will I be frozen until the BCV opens it's doors?

I would assume the points will be frozen until the doors are open. If not, it would appear that a large pre-sale with the ability to use the points upon purchase would flood the existing DVC resorts making it a booking nightmare.

Any thoughts?

With VWL- even though sales began in Nov, there were no closings until Jan 14 and no point reservations could be made for a date prior to that time. I would assume that BCV will have the same policy.

Stay Tuned!

EeeeK! I hadn't thought about that...... Here is another thought..... Let's say they do freeze you from booking until BCV opens, I really hope they freeze your use year too. I would hate to start accumlating points that I couldn't even use anywhere, that might end up getting wasted somehow. Wow... how are they going to do this??? Maybe we should start a new thread on the speculation of how the pre-sale will work????

IF they do a presale, you won't actually buy yet. You would make a deposit on a contract. Similar to buying a house, your closing and actual ownership does not start until sometime after the resort is open, when you will have a closing and final payment due. Then you should be able to make reservations and your points will be alloted. I wonder, however if you are doing an add on or new contract if they will let you make future reservations before your closing. I think someone mentionned you could start making VWL ressies in Nov( for Jan 14 or later stays) even though it wasn't open to DVC until Jan.14. And will they do the same at BCV- open for paying guests for 2-3 months and open to DVC later?

Currently if you do an add-on at an open resort, you can make your ressies prior to closing. We added 100 points at HHI on Monday and we made ressies already. We are not scheduled to close until Sept 25.

I have a hunch this won't be an issue. It seems that Disney looks at all angles and possible scenarios and would consider such a dilemma prior to releasing the points.

Isn't speculation fun? ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter