Any word or any prep work being done for new DVC cabins?

There is some speculation on the DIS DVC boards that the FW DVC Cabins (FWC) might start going on sale towards the end of January (about 6 months before a possible initial "opening"). Although we haven't heard of many legacy cabins rolling out yet (the holiday time and discount offered for early next year may have put "heads in beds"), do you think the few legacy trailers they've pulled could be replaced with "sales models"? As in something to walk through and look at in person when sales presentations for FWC are ready to hit the market? There wouldn't have to be a lot of new units for demos but there should be some new actual units to view, don't ya think?

Ed

With the bed, couch, footrest placement, it looks like the big murphy bed like in the Saratoga Springs 1 bedroom suite. If so, it's the same size as the 2nd pulldown bed in the value resorts, which my husband and I fit comfortably on during a stay at Art of Animation. With the bunk beds staying in the bedroom, maybe our family will just give the kids the bedroom and the adults sleep on the murphy bed. Still hoping they add a stackable washer dryer somewhere in the cabin, though.
Yes, a stackable washer dryer would be nice. Also, the current "oven" in the cabins is a combo microwave/oven and it would also be nice if there was a real separate oven. It will be interesting to see what they come up with

Found these online:
Looks like the stove is back thought it does say fixtures and furniture subject to change. Not sure about a washer/dryer as there was no drawing of the bathroom

Attachments

• Fort Cabin Outsidee.jpg
    Fort Cabin Outsidee.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 66
  • Fort Cabin Livingroom.jpg
    Fort Cabin Livingroom.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 69
  • Fort Cabin Kitchen.jpg
    Fort Cabin Kitchen.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 67
  • Fort Cabin Bedroom.jpg
    Fort Cabin Bedroom.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 70

Found these online:
Looks like the stove is back thought it does say fixtures and furniture subject to change. Not sure about a washer/dryer as there was no drawing of the bathroom

Good find, @Jimsig . Those rooms look bigger in those pics (bedroom and living space).

WDW Magic has an article about the new cabins!

https://www.wdwmagic.com/resorts/the-cabins-at-disney’s-fort-wilderness-resort---a-disney-vacation-club-resort/news/13dec2023-new-concept-art-and-information-unveiled-for-the-new-cabins-at-disneys-fort-wilderness-resort.htm

Thanks @Cousin Ed C .

Nuggets in the article say the Murphy bed is queen size, the LR tv is 65" and BR tv is 55". Convection/microwave (like legacy cabins) and 2 burner cooktop plus appliances.

No word on bathroom or possible w/d.

Enhancements to pool and walking trail are mentioned.

Bama Ed

Good find, @Jimsig . Those rooms look bigger in those pics (bedroom and living space).

Wondering if those windows might be 5ft and not 4, that should give it that 42ft length. Would also make sense as sliders usually start at 5ft and the windows above the sliders appear to be the same as the ones in the bathroom.

The article does mention a 2nd vanity outside the bathroom area, and it can be seen in one of the pictures above. The second vanity and the murphy bed are the 2 improvements I was most hoping for. I think the cabins look fantastic!

The new Fort DVC cabins are getting some pretty harsh reviews on the News and Rumors forum.

Here's one of the comments.

"The Ft Wilderness Cargo Containers. There's your new name Disney"

j

The new Fort DVC cabins are getting some pretty harsh reviews on the News and Rumors forum.

Here's one of the comments.

"The Ft Wilderness Cargo Containers. There's your new name Disney"

j

Perfect.

In a decade or so when I buy resale, the Cabins will be "more affordable".

Harsh reviews? Some people expect too much IMO.

But as was said on the DVC DIS Board, let's see the points chart first.

ED

PS - and I still firmly believe that folks who want a more DE-LUXE place to stay at Fort Wilderness will have their chance when they eventually build SOMETHING soon on the old River Country property. The cabins are "aging out" so something must be done NOW. But they will build a more "glamerous" property :goodvibes SOON on River Country and folks can stay/buy over there.

Time will tell.

Last edited:
Well the official DVC Facebook page now has a coming soon post for the Cabins. Says projected opening Summer 2024 and there is a link to request info.

More details slowing coming out... Lots of discussion regarding the sentence in bold.

New Cabins at Fort Wilderness Will Be First Pet-Friendly DVC Resort

Recent filings with the Orange County Comptroller by Disney Vacation Club (DVC) shed light on the upcoming reimagining of the Cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground and introduce the Palmetto Trust Association, Inc.

The documentation primarily focuses on standard timeshare rules and disclosures, with a significant inclusion being the “Bylaws of Palmetto Trust Association, Inc.” This 17-page document, registered by Disney Vacation Development in August 2023, opens the possibility for prospective buyers to participate in a multi-resort Trust instead of opting for deed ownership tied to a single resort.

Scheduled to reopen in 2024 as new Disney Vacation Club accommodations, the Cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground are undergoing a transformation. Originally recognized for being dog-friendly, this feature will persist, making the Cabins the first pet-friendly Disney Vacation Club resort.

Guidelines for pet dog accommodations include allowing up to two dogs per cabin with no weight limit. These dogs must be fully trained, refrain from being on resort furniture, and be accompanied, either on a leash or in a carrier, when outside the cabin. While dogs cannot enter certain areas like food and beverage locations, lounges, pools, and recreation areas, they can’t be left unattended for more than seven hours. Guests are required to coordinate room cleaning times with housekeeping when their dogs are not present, and door hangers must be displayed to indicate the presence of dogs.

To accommodate these furry guests, there is a dog fee of $30 per night for owners and $50 per night for lessees, guests, invitees, licensees, and exchangers. However, DVC emphasizes its right to evict disruptive dogs, adjust fees in the future, and warns members against relying on continued dog-friendly policies, as it is not guaranteed.

The ground lease for the Cabins, existing since their projected opening, concludes on January 31, 2075, providing a glimpse into the future of this unique Disney Vacation Club offering.

j

More details slowing coming out... Lots of discussion regarding the sentence in bold.

New Cabins at Fort Wilderness Will Be First Pet-Friendly DVC Resort

Recent filings with the Orange County Comptroller by Disney Vacation Club (DVC) shed light on the upcoming reimagining of the Cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground and introduce the Palmetto Trust Association, Inc.

The documentation primarily focuses on standard timeshare rules and disclosures, with a significant inclusion being the “Bylaws of Palmetto Trust Association, Inc.” This 17-page document, registered by Disney Vacation Development in August 2023, opens the possibility for prospective buyers to participate in a multi-resort Trust instead of opting for deed ownership tied to a single resort.

I don't have a good first impression about the concept of a trust, @Teamubr.

Over on the DIS DVC forums, they're diving into this concept. Sounds like the Cabins DVC (acronym CFW) might be the first new property into a trust and other (but not necessarily all) new DVC properties would join the trust. A buyer would receive a deed into the trust to be able to book any property in the trust at 11 months. The deed would not be to a specific home resort as it is now and has been.

The DVC board speculation is also that some of the language filed could be interpreted to further reduce resale attractiveness and the renting of points but that is still all TBD as to how it's implemented.

I had this hope that I could trailer for a few more years then as CFW matured and we started seeing resale contracts, I would get a resale rather than buying direct. DVC folks have always said, "buy where you want to stay" (primarily). Well I want to stay at the Fort. Always.

Guess I'll have to wait to see what other details come out. But it may not even be set up like the most recent DVC, Riviera.

Bama Ed

So, this trust means 'no more home resort' and you're not really an 'owner'? Does that mean the trust owners will be limited to certain resorts whereas the 'old contract owners' will be able to book anywhere, including the 'trust' resorts?

That would certainly reduce the attractiveness of DVC 'ownership'. Or should we refer to it as 'trusteeship'?

It's not something I would consider either way since nDH would be unlikely to want to spend every vacay at Disney. Plus at our age it wouldn't make financial sense to buy a 30+ year timeshare, even if I could buy in to the Grand (a 7 hour drive for us). Now, if they did variable length 'trusts' that might interest a lot of people. Someone with young kids might be interested in a 15 year trust as opposed to a 30+ year ownership contract.

I don't have a good first impression about the concept of a trust, @Teamubr.
When I first read this, I thought you meant can we trust DVC or renters to keep their dogs off the furniture? I immediately though, absolutely not! :rotfl2:

I have been reading a little on the concept of a trust and future (and existing) DVC. Most of the articles are from the perspective of how this could benefit owners. I'm a little more jaded than that and look at it from "how will this benefit Disney", because we all know that is the motivating force to change. From what I've read, a lot depends on how the trust is structured and what limitations are built into it. I clearly see the benefit to Disney. This would make managing inventory and individual resort budgets much easier. The concept encourages them to include more resorts into the trust. Most of the speculation has been it could be tried with CFW and as the deeds expire on the original DVC contracts (50 years?), those units would be pulled under the trust and anything new would be in the trust from the beginning.

There are some potential benefits for owners and allowing "intra-trust" bookings allowing easier/earlier access to non-home resorts, but that is very dependent on how it is written. From what I have read, this also can give Disney complete control over the resale market, since you don't have a deeded property to sell, just a certain "value/investment" or "share" in the trust Disney controls.

So, this trust means 'no more home resort' and you're not really an 'owner'? Does that mean the trust owners will be limited to certain resorts whereas the 'old contract owners' will be able to book anywhere, including .
I think this really depends on how the trust is written and if there are provisions to trade your trust "share" for a stay in a deeded property. I'm sure the lawyers can write it to be allowed with some fuzzy math to make it appear equitable. It could also be the perfect tool to restrict playing the home resort trade to a lesser resort. Trading your Poly bungalow week for 2 (or more) CFW cabins creating a mismatch in unit availability, for example.

Time will tell, but if it is implemented, expect the primary benefit to be for Disney, regardless of how it is marketed.

j

Looks like loop 2300 will be the first loop converted to CFW. The first batch of points declared are dedicated to loop 2300. From the DVC declarations for CFW:

First Loop of CFW DVC 2300 010324.png

And the layout of CFW standards are the same as the old - about 12'x42'.

CFW Cabin Layout and Dimensions 010324.PNG

No stacked W/D but there are two bathroom sinks.

ED

From those plans, it looks like they are going back to a standard range instead of the 2 burner counter top with the convection/microwave.

From those plans, it looks like they are going back to a standard range instead of the 2 burner counter top with the convection/microwave.

You're right. I had noticed the full size range in the concept art pix and wondered if that was going to change. But it may end up that way. But the link up in post #66 above said convection/micro so who knows.

Last edited:
Interesting point (all speculation at this point as folks read the official documents) made in the DIS-DVC-Purchasing DVC thread recently about CFW.

Because CFW will be placed into the Palmetto Trust Association (that's the name) along with other (future) possible properties, you won't be buying a deeded piece of a specific resort in your name as DVC has done up till CFW. You will be buying a "RIGHT TO USE A SPECIFIC NUMBER OF TRUST POINTS" or RTU (technically named a "Vacation Ownership Plan") specific to CFW. DVC will still technically own the deed to the property (properties) in Palmetto and each resort may be a "sub-trust".

If you buy from Disney directly, you can book into your own sub-trust (resort) at 11 months AS WELL AS any other sub-trust (resort) placed into the Palmetto (main) trust after a waiting period . Maintenance Fees (MF) will be probably a blended rate of those resorts in the main trust since you have equal access to any and all properties in the trust.

However, if you buy a resale contract at CFW in the future, you MAY be restricted to ONLY your own sub-trust (resort) and not be able to book other properties in Palmetto (don't know if that means at perhaps a 7 month window or not at all). If not at all, your MF should become only based on the CFW sub-trust that you have access to.

The MF discussion is interesting because Disney is still selling points in Aulani and Hilton Head and MAY declare a bundle of points into Palmetto and get the Palmetto RTU buyers to help carry the load of costs at those two resorts (in addition to being able to book there). But folks have pointed out that the MF at those two resorts are higher due to weather, location, and natural events like hurricanes and storms. So some folks on the DVC board aren't too keen on helping pay for Aulani and Hilton Head if they have no intention of ever going there.

I dunno. It's interesting to follow. popcorn::

Ed

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter