Any word or any prep work being done for new DVC cabins?

Is there anywhere dogs can go for water fun like a swimming hole on Disney property?

What a drag. I was hoping a small kiddie pool or splash area.
That's really too bad.

:rotfl:
All you need is fresh water. (Well, brackish water works too-Everglades). The alligators don't know or care the difference between natural and man made....
3288280_1280x720.jpg
pool gator 1.jpg
I always check the pool before getting in. Especially at night.

Point charts and floor plan confirmed here from the DIS DVC board at the first post of this page:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/ft-wilderness-cabins-becoming-dvc.3916819/page-92

Dates and the like in this post from the DIS DVC board also:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/c...-and-booking-dates-too.3937980/#post-65258679

Opening July 1, 2024. Sales to existing DVC members start Feb 1.

Bama Ed

Hrm, we already have room reservations at the Cabins for after this date this year...I wonder what will happen with that....

Hrm, we already have room reservations at the Cabins for after this date this year...I wonder what will happen with that....
I'm wondering if only some cabins will be converted by the July 1st estimated opening date. Current reservations for the cabins after that date could be in the old or new style depending on what's available. Just a guess.

I'm wondering if only some cabins will be converted by the July 1st estimated opening date. Current reservations for the cabins after that date could be in the old or new style depending on what's available. Just a guess.

I was thinking that may be the case, too....

All you need is fresh water. (Well, brackish water works too-Everglades). The alligators don't know or care the difference between natural and man made....

I always check the pool before getting in. Especially at night.

We lived in Daytona Beach for 5 years, never had an issue with gators but insects is a whole other topic. Fleas are the worst!

Wild, I just learned of Yellow flies. :laughing: Where'd the heck they come from?!
1705439289599.png
Yellow Flies are most active April through June but can be found through November. The Yellow Fly female is a fierce bitter and the males feed on nectar and pollen. The bites from the females are painful, itchy and can swell.

Out of curiosity, is it possible to move furniture around in the cabins?

Late April Reservation

In my house our sofa is head on with the TV, at the cabins it's not.

Current
1705441027361.png

My ideal setting. Is this possible?
1705441013530.png
Doh, I forgot about the hanging lamp at the dinning table. Hmm.

Last edited:
I would think the sofa being a Murphy bed would preclude moving it.

I thought they removed all the murphy beds and replaced them with sofa sleepers. ?

This is a murphy bed
1705441499550.png

All the videos I've seen dated 2022 - 2023 all show a sofa.
1705441574066.png

Last edited:
Here is the artist rendering of the new CFW interiors

Thanks, I saw those but I'll be there in late April so I'm pretty sure we'll be getting the current Cabin.

I'm not trying to be some off the cuff decorator here, my motives in moving the furniture around has many merits.
Watching TV is just obvious. The other is the placement of the Large dog crate kennel. So again, is it possible to move the sofa & dining table? Has anyone done this?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter