Any word or any prep work being done for new DVC cabins?

Thanks, I saw those but I'll be there in late April so I'm pretty sure we'll be getting the current Cabin.

I'm not trying to be some off the cuff decorator here, my motives in moving the furniture around has many merits.
Watching TV is just obvious. The other is the placement of the dog kennel. So again, is it possible to move the sofa & dining table? Has anyone done this?

It's possible to move the sofa, but it is a sleeper sofa so it is quite heavy. Also possible to move the table, but the bench seating on the wall side of the table is drilled to the wall so that cannot be moved. (We moved the sofa over just a little bit to fit a dog crate in between the sofa and the cabinets next to the tv).

We personally don't find the angle to be an issue when watching TV in the cabins, but that chair is moveable so you could potentially set that over where you are thinking of putting the sofa. (There is also a TV in the bedroom so you could watch TV in there while sitting/laying in bed, though we usually just watch the larger one out in the living room when we are there.)

It's possible to move the sofa, but it is a sleeper sofa so it is quite heavy. Also possible to move the table, but the bench seating on the wall side of the table is drilled to the wall so that cannot be moved. (We moved the sofa over just a little bit to fit a dog crate in between the sofa and the cabinets next to the tv).

We personally don't find the angle to be an issue when watching TV in the cabins, but that chair is moveable so you could potentially set that over where you are thinking of putting the sofa. (There is also a TV in the bedroom so you could watch TV in there while sitting/laying in bed, though we usually just watch the larger one out in the living room when we are there.)
Thank you so much!

Yes, bench seating drilled to the wall. I thought it would be that's why I left it on the floor plan.

What size crate do your have? My pup is really not a pup, it's just what I call him. He's a pretty big boy at 75lbs. Size large.
1705445795434.png
I don't know how to make the crate (not kennel) to scale, it's quite big but it fits our Bernedoodle quite well. This is where I'd like to put it, away from the kitchen.

There will be DH, DS (21) and myself. I'm sure they can move the sofa, I'm just not sure what the distance would be from the walls. This area will be mine & Sherlocks, the menfolk can have the bedroom in the back as Sherlock will not be allowed back there.

1705444043697.png

Last edited:
Here's a link with the floor plan from the DVC website. No washer/dryer but full range/oven in the kitchen.

dvc-cabins-Floor-Plan-10.25.jpg

Points charts for the portion of 2024 and all of 2025.

1705446954190.png

1705446997146.png

Looks to be a tad bigger than the cabins today.. ?
Especially the Bathroom.

Having stayed in a cabin as well as a campsite at the Fort. The Cabin loops just didn't have the same feel as the campsite loops.

Thank you so much!

Yes, bench seating drilled to the wall. I thought it would be that's why I left it on the floor plan.

What size crate do your have? My pup is really not a pup, it's just what I call him. He's a pretty big boy at 75lbs. Size large.
View attachment 826392
I don't know how to make the crate (not kennel) to scale, it's quite big but it fits our Bernedoodle quite well. This is where I'd like to put it, away from the kitchen.

There will be DH, DS (21) and myself. I'm sure they can move the sofa, I'm just not sure what the distance would be from the walls. This area will be mine & Sherlocks, the menfolk can have the bedroom in the back as Sherlock will not be allowed back there.

View attachment 826378

We just have a small crate - (~2 ft x 1.5 ft). The area where you want to put the crate looks like a good fit for a large crate and IMHO what probably makes the most sense is just to leave the sofa and table/chairs where they are and just move the chair to the area where you are considering moving the sofa in your illustration.
(Maybe that could be a backup plan in case the sofa/table configuration doesn't work out for various reasons?)

I really like the new layout and the full range/oven is perfect for longer stays.

Looks to be a tad bigger than the cabins today.. ?
I think the external dimensions are the same, but moving the bathroom to one end will probably make it feel more open. I guess we'll see soon.

j

Doesn't look like much seating, or at least not much comfortable seating. What appears to be a two-seater sofa (the old cabin looks like 3 seater), a chair that looks smaller & harder than the 'old' chair, and the seating at the dining table. I'd think that anything more than 2 adults, 2 kids would be a bit squished.

If they're starting sales in Feb, I wonder if they're going to have a 'sales model' installed by that date. I'd sure want to see what I was 'buying', not just a picture of it!

Someone put out a tweet or message about that CFW will have dues/maintenance fees in the $12-dollar range which would be the highest of any DVC at WDW. This amount is getting discussed over on the DIS DVC boards. And dues go up every year as well. That's kind of a downer to offset the positive point chart.

$12 a point is REALLY steep.

I haven't stalked the DVC board, but how many points will it take for 7 days in a cabin?

j

See post #123 on this page for a weekly total by season. I posted the points charts for the portion of 2024 CFW will be available for and all of 2025. It ranges in 2025 (full year) from 111 to 232 for a week. It's also possible that DVC might sell fixed weeks (like Halloween week and Christmas-New Years) for a fixed cost.

See post #123 on this page for a weekly total by season.
Thanks. I clearly missed it.

So 160 points/week average. AND $12/point maintenance. Every time I look at DVC, I just can't make that math work out in my head. Looks like I be staying at the Fort with the rest of us riff-raff.

j

the reason I bought DVC was so I can stay in the camper with the boys and DW would stay at a hotel with the girls. But she does like the Fort. It has evolved into the family stay at the Fort for a bunch of days then get a 2 bedroom at a DVC.
I just can't make that math work out in my head.
I couldn't either. I don't work the math out for the campsites either (they are expensive), along with park tickets and restaurants.....,But I still do them all and somehow feel real good I didn't do to much math. Today's prices at WDW mean the value factor has diminished a lot. But it is not gone for me yet. But it is not a slam dunk proposition it was even just 5 years ago.

And if DVC put a golf cart path from the cabins to Epcot, (totally feasible) they would sell out in no time flat. ( Hey Disney, Added value, low maintenance.)

I realize there has to be updates and refreshing of all resort rooms. That being said I really just feel like someone said,
"Well, if we must have cabins and campsites we will just remodel them, make them DVC and charge as much as we can get away with to bring in the big s[enders and make up our losses". Im not happy about this at all. And charging upwards of 200+ a night for certain campsites is unnecessary. They've priced us out...>:(

Today in the big field on Ft. Wilderness Trail, they are put HD panels ( acres worth) on the grass. I would think for the old trailers coming out or the new ones going in. It's a big project with a number of "Porta Potties" already on site.

Today they have started what looks like it may be some sort of staging area. Down from the Outpost on the left side of the road in the large field they are placing down large “composite like” flooring . We also noticed it appears they have fencing to put up. Sorry no pictures.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter