Anybody belong to the Disney Movie Club

We just joined this summer. I feel like it was worth it. Make sure you use an offer that gives you at least 5 movies up front and no more than 4 to buy later at regular price. There are a few variations of the initial offer, so shop around if necessary to get the most from your money. Also, take advantage of the offer to get 1 movie toward your required purchase at at discount when you place your sign up order.
The regular price movies are about $22 for a standard dvd, many older titles are much less (but won't count toward your required purchase) and you will have to pay shipping which adds a few $. They often run specials on movies. They just had a buy one get one 50% off sale. Now it's buy 2 get 25% off total order... Supposedly once you buy the required number of regular price movies, they offer more incentives to stay with the club.
We figured we would buy the movies anyway, so it was worth it to us.

I've belonged to the club for about 3 years now. I originally joined to purchase a dvd that wasn't available in stores or anywhere else online. Does it save you money? It depends you still are spending $20-something on one movie where as say you went to Wal-Mart or Target you can get it cheaper. Not to mention the shipping and handling. I pretty much only use it now if there is a movie that's only available via the club otherwise I buy it in stores. I'd rather save even if it's a few dollars. They have deals where you can buy one get one 50% off but you are still paying the original price for the first dvd/blu-ray. So I guess it just depends what you want to do or if you are looking for certain movies that you can't find in stores then I'd join.

Im wanting pocahantas and aritocats sorry i prolly spelled both wrong but will they become available so i can sign up and get them for a dollar i know they just came out of the vault?

I finally completed my agreement & I'm cancelling asap. Add in shipping & handling plus the fact you can do better on ebay, Amazon, Walmart or even Best Buy or anywhere during holiday sales...absolutely not worth it. And don't ever forget to notify them that you don't want the monthly selection because they'll charge you & if you don't want it you have to send it back (and pay return postage if you opened it) and you have to wait until they receive it & process it to get your $ back.

I've been in it for years. It helped me to build up my collection at first. Since then I don't use it very often, and you do have to be dilligent about responding to the Featured Titles. Every so often they have a good deal where you can buy one movie and then get others at 50% off, and some of the older stuff or kids' DVD's (like Mickey Mouse Clubhouse) are around $5 that way. Lately I have not had to pay shipping on anything but I think it depends on the deal, or maybe that's because I am now a VIP member. I enjoy the fact that it alerts me to what's new and being released.

I joined recently thinking that I'd end up buying them anyway. Getting the free ones up front helps defray the cost, but the ones you have to buy at full price are definitely more than you'd pay at Target for the same movies. I haven't taken advantage of any of the sales because then they don't count toward your commitment. I wanted to pre-order Brave but you save $5 and that $5 is the difference between it counting and not counting, so I end up purposely not saving the $5 so that it will count. Not sure this is a great deal but maybe once I buy my commitment it will be better.

Use promo code 17674B

You get 5 movies for $1 and buy 3 commitment tittles in 24 months and if you buy the 6th optional movie for $11.95 you only need to buy 2 commitment tittles instead of 3 in 24 months. You can buy a 7th optional movie for $8.95 this one does not count as a commitment tittle. Join with only DVD movies selections $19.95 or more count as a commitment. Join with Blu-ray discs and selections of $29.95 or more count as a commitment.

Sometimes pre-orders below regular commitment prices count as a commitment if noted as such. All featured tittle sections count as a commitment regardless of price.

Buy 9 DVDs the 5 introductory movies plus both bonus movies then the 2 commitment movies in 24 months for about $70 it averages to about $8 per movie.

Buy 9 Blu-ray disc the 5 introductory movies plus both bonus movies then the 2 commitment movies in 24 months for about $90 it averages to about $10 per movie.

Use promo code 17674B

You get 5 movies for $1 and buy 3 commitment tittles in 24 months and if you buy the 6th optional movie for $11.95 you only need to buy 2 commitment tittles instead of 3 in 24 months. You can buy a 7th optional movie for $8.95 this one does not count as a commitment tittle. Join with only DVD movies selections $19.95 or more count as a commitment. Join with Blu-ray discs and selections of $29.95 or more count as a commitment.

I did this earlier this summer and got 7 movies for $22 with shipping. After I just have to buy 3 at full price. And usually when you buy them at full price you can get one 50% or 40% off so that is kind of a deal. The shipping is annoying to pay but I figure I saved so much up front by getting 7 so cheaply. We mostly use our DVD's in the car so I didn't opt for Blu-Ray even though that is what we use in the house.

We joined earlier this year and have enjoyed it! To us it was worth signing up and getting 7 movies for $25, I mean where can you get a deal like that at? We've only bought movies we've planned on buying anyways so we're not out any extra money (well maybe like $5 since they're a bit more expensive than WalMart). We have one more to buy to fulfill our commitment and with Brave coming out this month we'll be done. I'm not sure if we'll keep it after the commitment is done because I'm forgetful about responding to the monthly response. However on the times I did forget to respond and didn't want the movie, I was able to cancel it and get my money refunded within a few days. This was before they were shipped, with the exception of John Carter, I somehow ended up with two, they sent a return label and my money was returned within 3-4 days.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I joined it years ago because I had no Disney movies on DVD. I fulfilled my obligation fairly quickly just to get it out of the way, and because there were several movies I wanted. I basically got three blu-ray new release movies for the price of two, with free shipping, a couple of months ago.

I think it was worth it personally, although I rarely order anything from the club.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter