• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anybody else in for the WHOLE season?

jpeterson

DIS Veteran
After this week's registration, I'm now officially signed up for the entire runDisney season. Every weekend, every race! No yoga, because that's not really my thing, but everything else! I'm excited! It's ambitious, but everything aligned and I should be able to do this!
I even have an "extra" virtual 5k for W&D since I initially couldn't get a 5k registration but later was able to pick up a charity bib through Give Kids the World. I plan on offering to run a virtual 5k with my daughter and giving her the extra medal. I think she'll like that.

Anyone else doing this crazy thing?

image (2).png

After this week's registration, I'm now officially signed up for the entire runDisney season. Every weekend, every race! No yoga, because that's not really my thing, but everything else! I'm excited! It's ambitious, but everything aligned and I should be able to do this!
I even have an "extra" virtual 5k for W&D since I initially couldn't get a 5k registration but later was able to pick up a charity bib through Give Kids the World. I plan on offering to run a virtual 5k with my daughter and giving her the extra medal. I think she'll like that.

View attachment 697052
I feel like there should be a gigantic medal for this. It trumps even Dopey! I'm definitely jealous of you.

View attachment 697052

I "accidentally" ended up with planned trips at WDW for all the 5K races in 2022, so I signed up for them since I was going to be there anyway. Not an rD season, but the whole calendar year. At some point, it'd be a fun challenge to do every race in a season or year.

This season just doing 5k/10k in November & the challenge at Springtime (first Disney run longer than 10k wish me luck lol)

Last season I did W&D 10k, Marathon 10k & Everest at Springtime (plus one of the frozen virtuals)

If I wasn’t doing a cruise the week after marathon I might of tried to dive into the registration crazy this year… and Princess conflicts with Gasparilla weekend sure I could do a virtual now but not the same vibes

I'm doing every weekend, but not every race. Like Bree, I have no desire to do a RunDisney 5K unless I have to because it is part of a challenge.
I'm also skipping the marathon and then 10k for Princess weekend (because we are flying down Friday, and I don't want to have to stress about making it to the expo for the bib).

I'm thinking of attempting this next season. I'm in for Wine and Dine this year, and Springtime Surprise, so I would have to start Wine and Dine next year, and be able to get all the races for the rest of the year as well. Not to mention, I've never done a full marathon, so there is that to consider as well. Good luck to you! I hope it goes well and please report back to us. Did you do club rundisney so that you were able to get all the registrations?

I'm thinking of attempting this next season. I'm in for Wine and Dine this year, and Springtime Surprise, so I would have to start Wine and Dine next year, and be able to get all the races for the rest of the year as well. Not to mention, I've never done a full marathon, so there is that to consider as well. Good luck to you! I hope it goes well and please report back to us. Did you do club rundisney so that you were able to get all the registrations?
I got the club runDisney when it opened up earlier this year but it doesn't start until Oct 1. So it didn't help with registration this season but will for next.

This season it gets me the early merch entry, the streamlined packet pickup and upgraded corral placement.

I'm in for every weekend, but not every race (that's crazy! And awesome!).

I'm doing:
W&D 10k with DD13, and HM (just me) - staying at Saratoga for the first time
Solo HM during Marathon weekend (it's right before a week long conference I have to go to in Orlando, so I couldn't add extra days for more races) - staying in a new VGF studio
Princess 5K with DD10 (5k is the day after her 10th bday) and then DD14, plus HM for me (didn't want to wake up early 3 mornings during a family trip, so no challenge) - staying at OKW, also first time
SS Challenge - solo trip, staying at Swan reserve with Marriott points.

On top of this, I'm doing 1 night in Sept with just DH for MNSSHP (first time!) - so that's 5 trips from Sept - Apr. I might have a problem!

There should TOTALLY be an extra medal for doing every single race in a season. Very cool. (We should also have a short hand name for this)

Last edited:
this year I did, or will do all of the weekends, all of the races in 2022. Hopefully in 2024 or 25 I will do the season (W&D to Springtime or what they call it then).
Did not realize there was a difference between doing all the weekends and doing a season. 😝💜💚

this year I did, or will do all of the weekends, all of the races in 2022. Hopefully in 2024 or 25 I will do the season (W&D to Springtime or what they call it then).
Did not realize there was a difference between doing all the weekends and doing a season. 😝💜💚
Only because I made up a difference. :)
Had to justify the expense to the wife...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter