Anybody going on the Costa Rica trip this summer?

Bobo912

DIS Veteran
Just booked the trip. If anybody has gone recently or is going soon, I'd love to hear your trip reports.

I haven't gone, but I believe Michael is Guiding some of them. He rocks. Thank him for the Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters Great American Churro (Or FastPass) Challenge.

Micheal= Rocks at life

I haven't gone, but I believe Michael is Guiding some of them. He rocks. Thank him for the Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters Great American Churro (Or FastPass) Challenge.

Micheal= Rocks at life

He sounds like a fun guy. Maybe he'll be our guide. If not, I'm sure whoever we have will be great!

im going sept 14-21

We're going in July, so I'll try to post a trip report when we get back.

If I win the lottery, I'll be there!

Good luck with that. :goodvibes If I win the lottery I am going to take all the ABD trips. :)

We're going on the Aug 3 Costa Rica tour. I'll be posting a trip report (if my fingers ever recover from my Knights&Lights report) when we get back. I hope to blog while I'm there, but we'll have to see if it's feasible.

Thanks, i hope you enjoy your trip! Travel Channel has been doing a Season of Disney special every friday at 9 (i think it ended last week...not to sure) and about 3 weeks ago they did a special on Splurges on Disney. One of the Splurges was a trip with ABD. They followed a family of 4 on their trip to Costa Rica...it looked like a blast.:goodvibes

We are on the July 15th Trip - husband , i and 5 year old son. Cannot wait!!

has been doing a Season of Disney special every friday at 9 (i think it ended last week...not to sure) and about 3 weeks ago they did a special on Splurges on Disney. One of the Splurges was a trip with ABD. They followed a family of 4 on their trip to Costa Rica...it looked like a blast.:goodvibes[/QUOTE]

Drat! I missed that. There is a Disney Splurge show on May 14 at 3:00, hopefully it will be the same episode, but I can't find a description of the show. Just have to record it and see.

We are on the July 15th Trip - husband , i and 5 year old son. Cannot wait!!

Fantastic! If you have time, please post when you get back. You're two weeks ahead of us.

We're going on the Aug 3 Costa Rica tour. I'll be posting a trip report (if my fingers ever recover from my Knights&Lights report) when we get back. I hope to blog while I'm there, but we'll have to see if it's feasible.

Almost booked Aug 3 myself but by the time I made up my mind it was full. Hope you have a great time! Look forward to reading you Knights & Lights blog. Maybe that will be our next trip. :idea:

yeah the travel channel did a four episodes on Disney...
1. Season of Disney: Samantha Browns favorite Disney picks
2. Season of Disney: Disney Splurge
3. Season of Disney: Disney on a Dime
4. Season of Disney: Disney Royal Treatment

Oh my! I just watched the travel channel show and the Costa Rica trip looked great. But I saw the zip line from a different angle then I've ever seen before and it looks very, let's say, exhilarating. I'm a little bit afraid of heights, but I'm there, no matter what. The question is, can I watch my child do that without freaking out? He really wants to do it. The smallest kid on the show had a guide go down with him, so I think that's what I'll let DS do. A friend of mine told me that she went down a zip line, didn't do it right and got stuck. Somebody had to come down the line to get her moving again. Don't want that to happen to DS. :eek:

Anyone going July 22? My nephew and I are going for his birthday - it will be our 3rd ABD trip - WE LOVE THEM!!!!:goodvibes

Your nephew is very lucky! What other trips have you taken? I'm thinking we might want to try Peru or maybe one of the European trips next year. Our Costa Rica trip is July 27.

You will become hooked!! OUr entire family did the Hawaii trip the first year -still don't understand why they didn't offer it again - it was wonderful. Last summer we all did the London/Paris before our DCL Med cruise - we all loved it. You will feel so well taken care of and and there are always little extra Disney surprises. Can't wait to see what they offer for next year. :hyper:
I love spoiling my DN.;)

Look forward to meeting you. We are traveling with almost 5 year old and a 8 year old. Do you know if other children will be on trip? We are arriving a day early. Have you heard of anything we should not miss on that extra day?:

Oh my! I just watched the travel channel show and the Costa Rica trip looked great. But I saw the zip line from a different angle then I've ever seen before and it looks very, let's say, exhilarating. I'm a little bit afraid of heights, but I'm there, no matter what. The question is, can I watch my child do that without freaking out? He really wants to do it. The smallest kid on the show had a guide go down with him, so I think that's what I'll let DS do. A friend of mine told me that she went down a zip line, didn't do it right and got stuck. Somebody had to come down the line to get her moving again. Don't want that to happen to DS. :eek:
4 year old did zip line in belize last year with guide. He thought he was Spider Man. I am the aunt his Mother stood by and closed her eyes!

kd1kadz - hi there. I am sorry just a little confused by your post. Are you travelling to costa rica on the 15th July with a 5 and an 8 year old?

We too are travelling on that date (15th) with a 5 year old and I was told by Disney that the next youngest child on the trip was 11 turning 12.
From this blog it appears they are wrong - as it appears there is a 7/8 year old on the trip and thats not a worry in fact - its great news and even better if if your brood is on the trip too.

Looking forward to hearing from you

Pip

Well the more the merrier on the 15th (less than a week and counting). Now my daughter who is 7 and turning 8 on the 22nd is now very interested in the zipline which you have to be 8 to go on (she will be short of 8 by 4 days) so that seems to be the only challenge at this point but we will just play it by ear when we get there. With other kids under 8 it wouldnt be the worst thing if she didnt do it as she wouldnt be the only child not to go on it.

See you in San Jose:yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter