• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anybody have or seen the Maclaren Techno stroller?

disynut

DIS Veteran
Sorry for my seemingly endless array of stroller questions, but I have been shopping for a lightweight stroller to take to Disney with us, and I tend to do a lot of research before i buy something like this. I also don't have any store near me that sells the higher end strollers, so I can't see them before I buy. Has anyone used the Maclaren Techno? It is lightweight, folds with one hand and has a carrying strap, all things I like. I have a 32-33 pound, tall 2 year old.

Thank you thank you thank you!!!!

I don't have one of those, but I had looked into and was ready to buy one. When we went to Babies R Us though, we saw the Peg Perego Aria, which was around $170, and weighs only 9.9 lbs!! It folds so easily, kindof into a square like a suitcase and it even has a handle to carry it like a suitcase. We love it....I would recommend looking into that. You can view it at their website too, I believe. www.perego.com.

I have seen it . Very nice, but......... I feel like the stroller expert. 5 kids lots of strollers. I have had really good expensive ones and moderately priced ones, but the ones I use most are the cheap umbrella ones. I bought one once that cost me $13.00 used it for years (even though I had two really good ones sitting there). The one I have now was $24.00. It has a little canopy and reclines slightly, enough to sleep comfortably. Think about saving the money and going out to a nice restaurant or getting a nice outfit for your trip.

Disynut,
I have had the Maclaren Concorde LX (this is the older version of the Mistral, which is now going out of production as well). I did tons of research before buying mine three years ago. I love my stroller, although it's not perfect, I feel it's the best one out there. I suggest that you look at other models besides the Techno only because IMO I feel the wheels are inferior to the thicker rubber wheels that you will find on some of the other models. However, if you have tested out the Techno (Buy Buy Baby and Babies R Us carry them) and really like it, there is a sale at Strollers4Less.com for $179 (before tax). That's a real deal.

Dawn
NJ

Just reread your post and realized you have no place to test out the strollers! I suggest you go to the Maclaren website to check out the models. I *believe* the Vogue may have the rubber wheels I was referring to, but please don't hold me to it. You can always call Maclaren's customer service line in Connecticut (there is no 800 number) and they could tell you a lot more about each model. IMO, Maclaren is the right choice--it's just a matter of which model you pick!

Dawn
NJ

I have the techno, we got it nearly two years ago when it first came out. I just love it. It folds so easily, as do all MacLarens, but the wheels make it feel like you are wheeling an SUV. I have taken it on the beach, walks in the woods, on gravel roads, twice to Disney and it has taken a lot of abuse. It is still in great shape and my ds is nearly 3 and over 35 pounds. Many of my friends have other MacLaren models, but they all envy me when we are out walking, as the Techno maneuvers on all terrains with great ease.

I have a Maclaren Techno, a Combi Travelsomething and a $5 garage sale umbrella stroller. We started with the Combi, but it just wasn't up to snuff. It died at WDW *twice*, once the handrest in front broke and another time the lock broke. Plus, after about 6 months it was sluggish to push and would veer to the left.

In desperation I bought a Techno. It was quite an investment, but one I do not regret. The stroller still pushes like a dream over a year later and most times I only use one hand. My 30 lb DD fits in it perfectly. It folds easily and goes "off-road" like a champ. Also, the handles are high so you don't have to stoop over to push, they are ergonomic and padded. The only drawbacks to the Techno are (1) price, (2) the basket is small and (3) they can be really ugly. The advantage to ugly is that no one wants to steal a neon lime green plaid stroller :). My Techno has been to Disneyland once, WDW 3 times and is planning a 4th trip next month followed by a trip at Disneyland Paris the month after :eek:.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter