Anybody see Noah float by? Part 1 Beginning/Tampa

Nan

Mouseketeer
CAST: DH 42: tries to have fun with us
DD 16: sweet, agreeable (must take after me)
DD 12: should have been born to royalty (servants, etc.)

CREW: Me 44: chief planner, referee, etc., etc.

SET DRESSING: Clouds, rain, rain, and more rain

COSTUMES: Attractive, yellow ponchos

Our trip included a couple of other stops before Orlando, but I will make this part short (?). We left Starkville on Sunday, July 30, around 4:00 p.m. and drove to Cordele, GA (just because this is where we were when we decided to stop). We stayed in a Holiday Inn Express. This is the second time I have stayed in a HIE and I have a good experiences both times. I particularly like that every room has a refrigerator and microwave. This is so handy. I wish the upscale hotels would get over the Mini-bar, "Personal butler" whatever and just put refrigerators in the rooms.

We arrived in Tampa the next day and did the Florida Aquarium before going to our hotel. We enjoyed it - especially the exhibit of unusual sea horses. These were amazing. (Go to the Florida Aquarium website and you can either print a $2 off coupon for up to 6 admissions or save $3 per adm. if you order online.) Then we went to our hotel - Hyatt Westshore. I am usually the Priceline queen, but we had a certificate for a free night so this is why we stayed here. We got the free night because DH was at a business conference at a Hyatt and there was some problem with the water and he had to take cold showers - not a satisfying Hyatt experience for him. The room was quite nice - up-close view of the airport, but family enjoyed watching planes land and take off (remember we live in Starkville, MS) and we could see Raymond James Stadium - the place where we would see (insert high pitched teen-aged girl scream) 'NSYNC!!!! :pinkbounc :rolleyes:

Speaking of mini-bars - this one had a little plastic band around the handle so they could tell if you opened it. AND there was an $8 charge to store your own things in there - I guess they charged you $8 if the band was broken - that's a little steep to open the door of the mini-bar. Give me a break. I immediately warned family not to open the $6 liter of Evian on the counter nor the door of the mini-bar. We usually vacation in "tourist areas" where everybody has on shorts, etc., but this hotel was a little snooty for us. Ann-Margret was staying there and some other celebrity - they wouldn't tell me which one - just that it wasn't the 'NSYNC boys. We felt like the staff was talking about us and wishing we would leave so as not to degrade their hotel. Whatever.

We went to Clearwater Beach the next day. Quite pretty and enjoyable with convenient parking, lifeguards, etc. Skies were cloudy, which was OK, but just an omen of things to come. I won't bore you with the all the concert details (DH stayed in hotel room, by the way). It rained. There was a rain delay, but finally the boys came out and gave a great show, even in the pouring rain. I was glad nobody fell or got hurt or anything.

Probably more than you wanted to hear about that part of the trip - anyway, on to Orlando!!

Look forward to reading your next installment! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter