Anybody stayed at the Radisson across from US?

loveswdw

DIS Veteran
DH & I are planning a trip to US the last week of Nov. I have been looking for someplace within walking distance to US. Radisson Universal is supposed to be right across the street but I don't know if its a good hotel or not. I've been to Radissons elsewhere some were nice, some not so nice...

Anybody know any other good hotels within walking distance? (We would like to stay at HRH but I'm having a hard time finding a cheap rate--$185/nt is just not in the right price range!)

Oh--price range should be less than $100/nt. Preferably quite a bit less! Thanks in advance for your info!:cool:

We stayed there last November for one night. The rooms were large and staff was friendly and efficient. The pool was nothing elaborate, but it was nice. Although it is close to US, it would take a little while to walk. They provided a free shuttle which we took advantage of. The shuttle was ok, but stopped at several other hotels along the way. Overall, I think it is a good choice and would stay there again.

Did you already check the rates of the Radisson..we were going to stay there in May and with the Entertainment card it was about $95 a night. The HRH was $117 with the EC. The Holiday Inn across the street is okay...and it may be cheaper.

And the walk to USF is long! There is no short way there and at the end of a day it would be reallllly long!
Good Luck!

Oooh! Thanks so much! I didn't know the HRH accepted the Entertainment card! Yea! Maybe I'll call them & see what sort of rate I could get there! I really appreciate the info!

I just booked the HRH for the first week in December and got the Entertainment rate, $117. I have stayed at the Radisson and though it's a VERY nice hotel, the Hard Rock, where I stayed in May, is literally walking distance from the parks and is a top of the line hotel for the money. The Radisson IS across the street but is hardly walking distance. Let us know what you decide!

Late Nov. Or early Dec. is when we are going so maybe just maybe I can get that rate too! $117 I can do-- its just $185.. no way. What can I say?? I'm cheap! I'll try to call tomorrow! Thanks!

Just wanted to let you guys know that I booked the HRH for $117.50/nt!!! YIPPEE!!! I can't believe I got that rate! WOW!!! Thanks again!!!:p

No, this is the regular Entertainment card. Go to www.entertainment.com to check it out. They offer all sorts of discounts on hotels, restaurants, etc. It cost me $10 (+4.95 shipping) for one for my area (the card itself is good nationally). But $14.95 vs. $185/nt. is pretty good return rate to me.

Unfortunately, when I called the HRH on Sunday night, there were no rooms left under the entertainment card rate for the dates we are going. So I guess we'll stick with the Radisson for $75.95/night.

Thanks for all your info and maybe we'll get to the HRH on a future trip.

Judy:)

We stayed at the Radisson Hotel Universal this past weekend for a quick IOA getaway.
I booked it on Priceline and got it for $25.00 a night. I selected 3 star or better at Universal/ Sea World area....now of course that doesn't mean that you will always get that hotel.
There is also a Holiday Inn right next door, since you were looking for another across the street. It looked ok from the outside, however I did not go into the rooms. The rooms are inside the building if you know what I mean. (The door to your room doesn't open to the outside world..)
Anyway, the Radisson was extremely nice for the price.
Mowsearz

Pumpkinjud,
The room was nice....room 505. It overlooked Universal...well actually all you can see is the parking garages and the tops of the hotels there. BUT.....at night you can see the fireworks at IOA and US....Make sure you ask for a room that has a Universal view...no extra cost for us.

If you have ever stayed at the Omni Rosen Center at Sea World, the rooms are very similar.

Large bathrooms but with single vanity....We had two queen beds bc the only king left was in smoking. It had TV in an armoir (sp?), a table with two chairs and internet access and a regular chair (not recliner)..it may make into a bed (not sure?).
There was plenty of room to walk around and sit in front of the window etc....
Hey, the rooms were bigger than AK Lodge....HA HA!!!! But certainly not as decorated.
I hope that you enjoy....Oh, If you pull up www.radissonuniversal.com i believe that you can find some picks...
Enjoy!!!!
Mowsearz

Just thought I'd let you guys know that MasterCard is offering an exclusive online offer for Radisson hotels across the US. Buy 2 nights, get the 3rd free! That's good through the first part of Jan. 2002. You might want to check it out if you have a MasterCard. Go to www.mastercard.com. Don't know if this will help anybody out but it never hurts to check!;)

FYI, just booked radisson universal for 2 nights, labor day weekend, through priceline .
Bid $25 per night and total was $62 taxes and fees included.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter