Anybody try Richard Simmons' Food Mover Plan?

DizkneeDenna

Former TDS CastMember
Hi everybody,
This is my first post on this board. I was wondering if anybody has used this plan? I borrowed it from a friend of mine and thought I would try it. I'm a little discouraged because a lot of the stuff I seem to eat is not in the booklet - so can't tell how many windows to close! :D

Anyway, would appreciate hearing any experiences or maybe tips for this eating plan?

Thanks! :bounce:

About two years ago, I tried it and unfortunately, it didn't work for me. My problem was that some foods counted for more than one thing. For instance for some foods you would have to close more than one window - like fried chicken might be 2 proteins and two fats ( I don't remember now what it actually was). I would get bummed at eating one piece of food and having to close several windows. It just did not work for me. I ended up just counting fat grams. I tried to keep my fat grams between 19-22 grams of fat 6 days a week. It worked for me long enough to go from a size 18 to an 8. Now, I've going to have to revamp my menus, ideas & stuff to maintain. I think why the fat grams worked for me was that it was easy. I only had to worry about one number. I've read about many others who have succeeded with weight watchers. For awhile I ate Lean Cusine meals, snacks & deserts because my fat grams were already counted and I didn't have to worry about miscalculating anything. Whatever you choose make sure your comfortable with it and you can eat the foods you actually like.

Hi, I just found this thread. I have just gone back to Richard Simmons now that my baby is being weaned. I try to follow it pretty carefully but I like to use it also as a guide. And I really love the tapes. for me it keeps me from eating all the chocolate I love and to make sure I drink all my water. I admit I cheat especially when my husband is home (he works nights) but all in all I have to say it worked for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter