• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anybody use Swarovski beads?

*NikkiBell*

Livin’ that DVC & AP life!
I am getting back into beading and have become extremely impressed with Swarovski's beads. I am trying to get them at the absolute lowest price possible and have heard eBay is the way to go. Anyone have any other ideas? Or, what should the highest price be for lots of say 200?

I don't do any beading, but I have a friend and she buys her beads on line. Not from E bay but a web-store that specializes in beads. Sorry I couldn't be more help!

Hello fellow beader!
I also love swavorski beads. The cheapest way I've found to buy them is from the bead shows that come to convention centers and motels (advertised in beading magazines). I'll look around to see if I have any reciepts and post if I find the pricing/names of the shows. I want to say that the 16" strands of 4 mm were 10 or 12 bucks. Not sure if ebay would beat that price or not, I don't purchase from there.
Otherwise, I do buy things quite often from

www.firemountaingems.com and www.finedings.com.
their pricing and quality is very good.

www.riogrande.com also has some great things but they are quite pricey.

The owner of one of my LSS is now also selling jewelry making items in her sb store. Is that the beads you are talking about? I've never done anything with beads.

I would try to get a number for a wholesaler and see if you could buy them through them.

I use to work for a company that imported and exported Swarovski crystals and beading and i could have gotten them very cheap. I have tons of jewerly with them on it already.

Sorry couldnt be more helpful

Looked high and low for reciepts +/or pamphlets from the beading shows. I found a reciept (from 12/03) that has 16" strands of swavorski crystals (approx. 100 beads) for $3.09 - $4.79 (depending on color,finish) per strand.

Does e-bay beat that? I'd like to know for some future projects I have in mind - like the beaded valance I've been thinking about trying for years, LOL! I can't imagine how many beads it would take to make it.

As for names of shows, I found "international gem and jewelry show" their website is listed as www.intergem.com They have quite a bit of "fine jewelry" at their shows along with watches, people begging to clean your jewelry with the newest cleaners, etc. But in amongst these kind of vendors are the bead people, who carry anything you can imagine - gemstone strands, cane glass, seeds in all sizes and shapes, and yes even those coveted swavorski beads. Good prices, even better if you have a tax number. I know a woman used to use her DH's number from his septic tank cleaning company and they never questioned her!!
There is another one called "bead fest". I don't have any literature from them but they didn't have so much of the finished fine jewelry products, concentrated on the BEADS. Beautiful blown glass, lots of "one of a kind" clasps, etc. Some items were pricey but worth the cost. The more "normal" beads were very affordable.
There were 2 others but I can't remember their names. Left a message for a friend to see if she can remember.
My bead magazine subscription ran out last year but that is where I found most of the information on the shows. Sign up to be on their mailing list either through their website or when you attend the show. Often they send out coupons for free admission when a show is coming to your area. BTW, admission to these shows does cost between $4-6, but worth every penny.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter