Anyone able to get in line for Galactic Star Cruiser?

Oh, I do have pricing info. Adults for early March weekday $2615.57; children 9 & under $701 (maybe—the advisor wasn’t confident if she did the math right) and weekend was $2843.95 for adults and the same $701 for kids 9 & under. Standard room. $4678/adult for the grand captain suite and $701 still for the kids for the weekday “launch.”

Oh, I do have pricing info. Adults for early March weekday $2615.57; children 9 & under $701 (maybe—the advisor wasn’t confident if she did the math right) and weekend was $2843.95 for adults and the same $701 for kids 9 & under. Standard room. $4678/adult for the grand captain suite and $701 still for the kids for the weekday “launch.”

Can pay for the cheapest guest with points. Must be blue card/direct points.

cancellation policy — 90 days or more, you get your points back but they remain reservation points, not dvc points—can’t be used for dvc properties, exchange or rci, can only be used for Disney collection— hotels, cruise line, etc… and you lose the $95 exchange fee. You get 100% of your other $$ back. 89-31 days you lose 50% of the cash and points, and 100% of the 95$ fee, 30 days or less = you made a galactic donation to Disney, no refunds of points or $$$.

Last edited:

cancellation policy — 90 days or more, you get your points back but they remain reservation points, not dvc points—can’t be used for dvc properties, exchange or rci, can only be used for Disney collection— hotels, cruise line, etc… and you lose the $95 exchange fee. You get 100% of your other $$ back. 89-31 days you lose 50% of the cash and points, and 100% of the 95$ fee, 30 days or less = you made a galactic donation to Disney, no refunds of points or $$$.

Thanks so much for sharing this info

Thanks for sharing the pricing info twinsouvenirs. The AP line is just as bad. I was calling from open to close all day yesterday.
This setup they have where the SW queue overflows into the regular queue isn't doing anyone any favors.

I am very. Very. Frustrated. I have been on with DVC Member services for 11 hrs, having started calling just before 9am. I finally spoke to a dvc advisor at about 3 and that process took about 2 hours for some reason, mostly with me on hold. She took my reservation information, credit card information and said it was in the system. She then finally called the Galactic Starcruiser line apparently, and warned me repeatedly it would be a long hold. Then at about 6pm she started trying to get me to leave the line/queue—I told her I’d been holding for about 9 hrs so what was a little more. Then at about 6:45, she told me that she was told to tell me there was nothing she could do and that I should call back later because the galactic starcruiser queue was closed. I am still 100% confused about whether I am/was in in the queue in the first place. I am also SUPER annoyed. I totally get the craziness; I booked the wish on the dvc day and I have done run disney—before they started the virtual queues—so I am no stranger to these waits—but this is just insane to me.

Thank you so much for sharing the information you received and for telling your story.

I gave up early - after about 2 hours of being hung up on. After I thought about it for a bit during those 2 hours I became concerned I did not want to spend most of my points and sacrifice my ability to have a regular Disney vacay next year when I had no idea what the mask policy would be on the Halcyon.

Yes, renting points would be a way to get more value. But, it is work and not everyone wants to deal with it.

My DS is a huge fan and wants to do this some day with my nephew. I can definitely see using the points for him. Yes, it’s a lot of them, but we bought to use and if it takes the place of a different trip, then it works.
It can be work I don't disagree... I personally just can't stomach it... the loss of value drives me batty so I would rather do the work. But to each there own... no wrong way to do it.

Thank you so much for sharing the information you received and for telling your story.

I gave up early - after about 2 hours of being hung up on. After I thought about it for a bit during those 2 hours I became concerned I did not want to spend most of my points and sacrifice my ability to have a regular Disney vacay next year when I had no idea what the mask policy would be on the Halcyon.

Hey TiggerBouncy, in case you didn't see it, I just want to point you towards my post here summarizing the important information I learned during the ordeal of actually booking one of these via DVC. The DVC website and the DVC agents are wrong. DVC members can pay completely with cash. At least as of this evening. I just did.

Hey TiggerBouncy, in case you didn't see it, I just want to point you towards my post here summarizing the important information I learned during the ordeal of actually booking one of these via DVC. The DVC website and the DVC agents are wrong. DVC members can pay completely with cash. At least as of this evening. I just did.

thank you!

Wow,,thought you might at least get some imperial credits for late cancellations

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter