• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone at Disney World week of Nov. 7 - 15??

maxtrix

Earning My Ears
Heading down to Florida the week of Nov 7 - 15 (my first time, wife's 3rd) and I can't wait. The only killer will be getting around... We are both under 25 so car rentals are going to be killer. Unless you people have some other ideas (cause I would love to hear them :cool: )

Keep in touch.

Welcome maxtrix! I hope you and your wife have a wonderful time at Disney! You both must be so excited! :bounce:

To answer your question, if you are staying on-site, you really don't have to worry about transportation because the internal Disney transportation system is great! You can also take Mears ( www.mearstransportation.com ) from your resort to get to places like Universal or Beltz Outlet Mall or you could even take the local Lynx bus from the Disney Transportation and Ticket Centre. Check out their schedule at www.golynx.com.

If you are staying off-site, a lot of hotels have shuttles or buses running to the theme parks etc. I suggest that you check with the hotel you are staying at, in advance, to see what transportation they offer and to where.

It really depends on how much touring you are planning on doing as to whether you can get by without a car.

Unfortunately we are not staying on the resort but at a hotel on International Drive... The hotel does have shuttles to and from the attractions but what we are afraid of is that the shuttles will be late to leave and early to return (so we would miss night shows).

Speaking of shows, has anyone gone to see Cirque de Soliel while in Disney? We are thinking of going, but is it worth the high price?

Any other advice you smart people can give would be great... Thanks..

We will be at WDW from the 7th - 18th of November!!

You should check out the transportation board,go to forum jump at the bottom of the screen and just scroll down-they may have some transportation ideas for you!

We saw Cirque on our last trip and it was awesome-I have never seen anything like it!! We would recommend,my DH and DS were skepticle going in but ended up loving it!

Where are you staying on I-Drive??

Grover in Winnipeg

We will be down there the 11th to the 15th (then off to see my Mom & Dad)
The hotels on I-Drive have buses that I have read on another thread are kinda irregular, your best bet may be to say onsite the All stars have a great fall rate this time of year, then you can use the Disney transpertaion which is more reliable

Even if you're under 25 you can rent a car in Florida the age is 21, but you may have to pay a small surcharge (like $5 a day) for under 25.

I know I can rent a car down in Fl.... but the surcharge is $25 per day because I am under 25.... that really bumps up the price... it's crazy!!

Maxtrix, I would call down to the hotel directly and get their shuttle's schedule to the various parks, shopping etc. and also check out the Lynx bus schedules on their website. On a night that you will be out late you could take a taxi back to your hotel.

We stayed at the HOJO Maingate East on 192 during March Break 2001 and since dh used the car to go off golfing everyday, the kids and I relied on the hotel's free shuttle. Although there was a set schedule, they ran late enough to allow for the fireworks etc. and worked out well for us. We just made sure we were at the pick-up point early enough to get on the first bus out in the morning and they made sure that those of us that stayed late for the last bus, all got back to the hotel. Drop-off point in the morning was at the TTC and you took Disney transport from there and there were two pick-up points at night ~ TTC and EPCOT. Certainly not as convenient as having your own car, or staying on-site but it was doable.

I might consider paying $25 a day to BE under 25 again! LOL!

I think the ALL STAR rate is about $77 CDN that time of year. If you are paying $25 US ($40 CDN) a day extra for a car, that means to make staying off site economical, the hotel should be under $37 per day CDN ($23 USF). If it's over $23 USF daily and you rent a car, the best deal would be ALL STAR and no car.

BUT it's so convenient to have a car, especially staying off site, you might just have to pay the $25 a day and look at it as tution of life. Chat soon! S

Hey Matrix!!!!
Are you guys thinking of doing Disney exclusively or where you planning on heading out to Universal, Sea World, City Walk and that kinda stuff??? The reason I'am asking is that if you switched your ressie over to one of the All Stars and used internal transport that would take care of that part, but I know that Mears Transport has a phone located in the lobby and they'll pick you up and drop you anywhere else that you need to go (Universal, Orlando INt'l, Sea World etc). All you have to do is pick up the lobby phone and stand outside at the bus stop labelled Mears...that easy!!!! If you want to swicth those hotel acc. though you better get on it...I don't know what your window of time is for cancellations or changes!!! Good Luck and despite everything have a blast !!!!! denise:wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter