• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone attending CKU in MPLS?

rhiansmom

DIS Veteran
Hi... I'm making it back to the boards after a LONG absence. Just wondering if anyone is going to CKU in Minneapolis at the end of March?

I'm going and can't wait!

Nietra

Hello,

afraid I'm clueless as to what that stands for.

herc.

I wish I was going! I went to CKU-Boston last year (I think there 4 Dis scrappers there). It is a fantastic time!

11 amazing classes - parties with giveaways each night :cheer2: No shopping at CKU but they arrange tours :moped: to area LSS that offer great deals to CKU attendees.

I've never attended Memory Makers events so I can't describe how they differ but you will love CKU - hopefully your taking Cathy Zielske's class - she is AMAZING (plus she is from Minneapolis so she is PUMPED to have it in her hometown!)

aurora19 said:
hopefully your taking Cathy Zielske's class - she is AMAZING (plus she is from Minneapolis so she is PUMPED to have it in her hometown!)

No Cathy Z this time :sad2: I had orginally put myself into her class but then decided to take something else instead. I didn't want to take a lecture class over technique classes this time around.

I am planning on going to CKU-Kansas City later in the year and will hopefully take her class then!

What was your absolute favorite class?

My favorite technique class was Studio Art with Rebecca Sower - We basically altered a mess of her Nostalgiques products and put them together as a tag booklet. Very fast paced class! She is so creative and even if her style is not yours, she has so much to teach everyone about moving "outside the box" in term of artistic freedom.

My favorite project was the 6x6 "Loves of My Life" album that we did in the Designing Becky Higgins Style class (It is the album that is featured in the February 2005 CK magazine) - I modified the design and made them for my family & friends for Christmas

My favorite lecture class was Scraphic Design with Cathy Z. - She is funny enough to be a stand up comic and her design principles are very sound and do-able. If you have her Clean & Simple book, you will have a good idea of what her class is like.

Best giveaways - Definately the Making Memories classes - easily gives you $50 worth of free product to each student and then giveaways on top of that! Cute projects too!

What classes are you taking?

I wish I had my schedule in front of me... I'm kind of more excited about my Disney Trip in May than CKU... and that is bad!

I'm taking the Lisa B class something about Just the 2 of Us (I think, not really excited about it but someone talked me into it), Chip Art (Lil Davis Designs),

Oh wait, I do have my schedule:

FRIDAY
-----------------------
8:30 am - 10:00 am T 137 Potpourri (90 min) - Creative Imaginations
10:30 am - 12:00 pm D 106 Just the Two of Us (90 min) - Lisa B's Class
1:00 pm - 2:30 pm T 160 Hang it up! (90 min) - Sweetwater - making a frame! Love their papers!
3:00 pm - 4:00 pm T 136 Clearly Unconventional (60 min) - Creative Imaginations!
4:30 pm - 5:30 pm T 145 Chip Art (60 min) - Lil Davis Designs (one that I think I'm most looking forward to right now)

SATURDAY
-----------------------
8:30 am - 10:00 am T 130 Juxtaposition (90 min)
10:30 am - 12:00 pm D 115 (Changed to Bazzill Class with Amy Totty)
1:00 pm - 2:30 pm T 150 Don't Distress (90 min) MM Class
3:00 pm - 4:00 pm T 149 Card Attack (60 min) MM Class
4:30 pm - 5:30 pm T 152 Spell it Out (60 min) (there was not much offered in this time slot... not sure what this is and not excited about it)

Chatterbox is doing a pre CKU mini class.... and I'm in that also.

Ok, I should be excited but I just can't get that way! Maybe after our dorm has our pre-CKU meeting next weekend! Maybe?

I love your schedule - I think that they are going to be great classes. I have heard good things about Lisa B's classes - I think that one is a tribute album for your spouse/signigicant other.

Bazzill has great classes too! That was a good switch. I agree that the 4:30 class offerings are kind of slim - I found that in Boston too - my friday 4:30 class was the only one I didn't like. (But the chip art class will be great!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter