• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone book rooms with Undercovertourist?

Auroraborealis18

Wilderness Queen
Hi, I'm trying to stay under 3,000 budget for 3 people. That's flights, hotel and tix for 2 adult tickets and one under 9. I looked and saw a great deal on UC but hesitate to give them my money without looking at our options.

Most travel agents quote around 2,000 for tix and lodging, and I think I can go lower and still have a great experience. Especially by going to a resort in Disney Springs. What do you guys think?

Hi, I'm trying to stay under 3,000 budget for 3 people. That's flights, hotel and tix for 2 adult tickets and one under 9. I looked and saw a great deal on UC but hesitate to give them my money without looking at our options.

Most travel agents quote around 2,000 for tix and lodging, and I think I can go lower and still have a great experience. Especially by going to a resort in Disney Springs. What do you guys think?
I’ve used them twice for booking a hotel at Universal. It’s completely legitimate and reputable and I had no issues at all.

Undercover tourist is a reputable company. And their ticket discounts are very competitive. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them. However, I never knew they gave discounts for hotel rooms. If you went to a travel agent first and still looking for a better deal, then I think you will be secure with undercover tourist. However, depending on what you want your "experience" at Disney to be may require more planning. Are you an on-site or off-site person. Do you plan to have a DISNEY ONLY vacation? On these boards you will discover there are plenty of options.

I am in the early planning stages of next years trip and have also noticed great deals with UCT especially with bundles hotel/tickets/car rental. Don't forget sister hotels at Disney Springs are now eligible for 60 day fp selection along with EMH. Of particular interest to us is Best Western Buena Vista --great rates, shuttle to parks every half hour and walking distance to Disney Springs. Even with parking and daily hotel fee it is still around $1000 less expensive than Pop Century for 13 nights.

I am in the early planning stages of next years trip and have also noticed great deals with UCT especially with bundles hotel/tickets/car rental. Don't forget sister hotels at Disney Springs are now eligible for 60 day fp selection along with EMH. Of particular interest to us is Best Western Buena Vista --great rates, shuttle to parks every half hour and walking distance to Disney Springs. Even with parking and daily hotel fee it is still around $1000 less expensive than Pop Century for 13 nights.
Best Western is looking great. The price fluctuates a lot depending on the site that's checked. I can't with the resort prices. The cheaper hotel is 200 a night. That's too much. I 'd prefer to buy souvenirs and fine dining than pay a premium for a cheap room.

I’ve used them twice for booking a hotel at Universal. It’s completely legitimate and reputable and I had no issues at all.
Thank you so much for the review. Was worried about going with them.
Undercover tourist is a reputable company. And their ticket discounts are very competitive. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them. However, I never knew they gave discounts for hotel rooms. If you went to a travel agent first and still looking for a better deal, then I think you will be secure with undercover tourist. However, depending on what you want your "experience" at Disney to be may require more planning. Are you an on-site or off-site person. Do you plan to have a DISNEY ONLY vacation? On these boards you will discover there are plenty of options.
We seem to be going towards off-site. And definitely not just Disney only. The kids want to see legoland and Universal Studios.

I am using Undercover Tourist this year and no problem linking my reservation to MDE have ADRs scheduled. Haven't linked my tickets yet because once you link them you can't return them otherwise they 95% refundable (will link closer to FPP selection day) but even when linked they will be good for the rest of the year if I don't use them and my understanding is I can use them next year but would have to pay the additional fee of the ticket prices at that time. Please anyone correct me if I am wrong.

So far my experience has been excellent and have enjoyed the savings!!!!

Best Western is looking great. The price fluctuates a lot depending on the site that's checked. I can't with the resort prices. The cheaper hotel is 200 a night. That's too much. I 'd prefer to buy souvenirs and fine dining than pay a premium for a cheap room.

You can do alot better than $200/nite. Give us a little more detail and I am sure people will chime in with more suggestions. When are you going, how long do you plan to stay? Are you driving or flying? If flying, do you plan to rent a car while you are there? If so, we can help you with discount codes for that to make prices more reasonable. @Auroraborealis18 , the fun is just beginning. Sometimes planning is just as much fun as a vacation itself. We are here and willing to help !!!

Have you ever stayed in a 2 bedroom timeshare type resort? This is an option that I personally prefer if you are not staying on-site. What are your plans? Disney, Universal and Legoland? How long are you staying in Orlando area? How much time/days do you intend to spend at each park? Are you planning to go to parks everyday of your vacation? I hope you don't mind me assuming, but it seems like you are new to the boards and are looking for some advice, tips and guidance. And you have definitely come to the right place. There are plenty of people on this board that have stayed on-site, off-site, and both. There is plenty of information here to help steer you in the right direction. Don't be hesitant, look around the forum/boards and ask plenty of questions. Some questions you may find have already been answered in other topic threads. Make a plan and feel free to share. We generally don't judge on the DIS. Just throw caution to the wind and ask away.

Now, me personally have stayed on-site once and off-site many times. My family is an off-site type of family. We do not appreciate being immersed in a Disney only vacation. Too much to see and do in the area. We generally spend 2 weeks in the Orlando area and divide our vacation into 2 one week stays at a different timeshare resort for each week. We have traveled to Clearwater Beach on a few occassions and still have yet to make it to Busch Gardens in Tampa Bay. I have yet to see Legoland and now my DD11 has no interest in going. I have been to Disney 5 times and stayed onsite at Art of Animation once. We prefer renting a car over using Disney buses but we do enjoy an occasional monorail and ferry/boat ride while at Disney. Our favorite places to eat at Disney are generally sit-down buffet/family style dinners (Ohana, Chef Mickeys, Crystal Palace). We have yet to visit Beasts Castle and dine at Be Our Guest. For the years we have been going to Orlando, surprisingly we have yet to see and do everything on our list. There is just so much 2 weeks still isn't enough for us to do everything. My DD11 loves staying at timeshare resorts and participating in poolside games and activities in between park days and outings. Over 10 years going and I still haven't had the opportunity to play minature golf at a resort or even at a minature golf park. It's crazy!!! I often wonder how people can limit themselves to only Disney when there are so many other things to do in the area. Now I know you didn't ask me all of this, but I shared this info to help you feel comfortable in sharing your plans and experiences. I think vacation planning is almost as much fun as the vacation itself. It's the countdown and anticipation. And maybe, just maybe while you are there, you may get a chance to jump online here at the DIS and share an experience or two. It helps some of us feel closer to our own vacation experience!! So lets chat. Ask away and don't hold back. Tell us what kind of deal Undercover tourist is giving you. Look around on the DIS...I think you're gonna like it here!!!! Good Luck and Have fun !!!!!

You can do alot better than $200/nite. Give us a little more detail and I am sure people will chime in with more suggestions. When are you going, how long do you plan to stay? Are you driving or flying? If flying, do you plan to rent a car while you are there? If so, we can help you with discount codes for that to make prices more reasonable. @Auroraborealis18 , the fun is just beginning. Sometimes planning is just as much fun as a vacation itself. We are here and willing to help !!!

Have you ever stayed in a 2 bedroom timeshare type resort? This is an option that I personally prefer if you are not staying on-site. What are your plans? Disney, Universal and Legoland? How long are you staying in Orlando area? How much time/days do you intend to spend at each park? Are you planning to go to parks everyday of your vacation? I hope you don't mind me assuming, but it seems like you are new to the boards and are looking for some advice, tips and guidance. And you have definitely come to the right place. There are plenty of people on this board that have stayed on-site, off-site, and both. There is plenty of information here to help steer you in the right direction. Don't be hesitant, look around the forum/boards and ask plenty of questions. Some questions you may find have already been answered in other topic threads. Make a plan and feel free to share. We generally don't judge on the DIS. Just throw caution to the wind and ask away.

Now, me personally have stayed on-site once and off-site many times. My family is an off-site type of family. We do not appreciate being immersed in a Disney only vacation. Too much to see and do in the area. We generally spend 2 weeks in the Orlando area and divide our vacation into 2 one week stays at a different timeshare resort for each week. We have traveled to Clearwater Beach on a few occassions and still have yet to make it to Busch Gardens in Tampa Bay. I have yet to see Legoland and now my DD11 has no interest in going. I have been to Disney 5 times and stayed onsite at Art of Animation once. We prefer renting a car over using Disney buses but we do enjoy an occasional monorail and ferry/boat ride while at Disney. Our favorite places to eat at Disney are generally sit-down buffet/family style dinners (Ohana, Chef Mickeys, Crystal Palace). We have yet to visit Beasts Castle and dine at Be Our Guest. For the years we have been going to Orlando, surprisingly we have yet to see and do everything on our list. There is just so much 2 weeks still isn't enough for us to do everything. My DD11 loves staying at timeshare resorts and participating in poolside games and activities in between park days and outings. Over 10 years going and I still haven't had the opportunity to play minature golf at a resort or even at a minature golf park. It's crazy!!! I often wonder how people can limit themselves to only Disney when there are so many other things to do in the area. Now I know you didn't ask me all of this, but I shared this info to help you feel comfortable in sharing your plans and experiences. I think vacation planning is almost as much fun as the vacation itself. It's the countdown and anticipation. And maybe, just maybe while you are there, you may get a chance to jump online here at the DIS and share an experience or two. It helps some of us feel closer to our own vacation experience!! So lets chat. Ask away and don't hold back. Tell us what kind of deal Undercover tourist is giving you. Look around on the DIS...I think you're gonna like it here!!!! Good Luck and Have fun !!!!!
We definitely are explorers and I know the kids wouldn't like to be at Disney only for the whole 4-5 days. Our travel dates are 4/2/18-4/7/18. Might stay until the 8th. UC has a few very good deals especially on Best Western. I believe I saw it for under 500!

The hardest part is airfare. Why is it so expensive!? We plan to do a lot while there. 3 days Disney, mostly the Magic Kingdom, ak and EP. I'm eyeing park hoppers but hesitate because that's a lot of walking and backtracking. Think we will hit those 3 parks separate days and come back another time for the other park. University is a definite 2 or 3 parks and 1 or 2 day place. Legoland because my sons are obsessed with those bricks and OK, I'm obsessed too!

The planning is definitely the funnest part. Having so much fun reading about the parks, checking Disney daily for deals and talking with travel agents. If I hadn't and just showed up at Spring Break, I'd be miserable and the kids would be upset. Btw, we have reservations for Ohana too!! Can't wait.

How are the timeshares? Is it better than Disney Springs for the emh benefit? Thanks hope I don't sound dumb.

I am using Undercover Tourist this year and no problem linking my reservation to MDE have ADRs scheduled. Haven't linked my tickets yet because once you link them you can't return them otherwise they 95% refundable (will link closer to FPP selection day) but even when linked they will be good for the rest of the year if I don't use them and my understanding is I can use them next year but would have to pay the additional fee of the ticket prices at that time. Please anyone correct me if I am wrong.

So far my experience has been excellent and have enjoyed the savings!!!!
Thank you for teaching me about linking the tickets too soon. I planned to link right away. We're close to our trip so probably will do it asap but we have a trip planned for summer/fall and I will remember that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter