• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone booked for Lighthouse Point?

Hope you have a great time! Let us know how you liked it. I am sure we will see a variety of reactions. 😉

We are opting to wait - and have the Fantasy cruise in November 2024 (with a bunch of people, based on the rise in cabin prices since booking). We get a 6-night cruise, with 2 stops at CC and 1 at LP + Nassau. (I’m calling it a Triple Dip). The October sail date looks to be popular, too. We are fortunate to not have a school calendar to dictate our travel.

I was fascinated to realize how close Princess Cays beach is - just over 3 miles by car; a little shorter up the Western coast. The photos of the beaches on this section of Eleuthera are beautiful.

Just checking the plans - and realized the initial development is on the Eastern side. Boat docks on the Western side.

View attachment 776476

We're on this cruise too! My TA said this was her most popular booking in the release.

If you want a view of the island coming into Lighthouse point are u better booking port side or star side or is to to hard to tell at the moment
I'd guess... for most approaches to LP (from Florida, CC, or Nassau), it makes sense that the port side would have an island view up until docking. But there are a handful of sailings that would probably approach from the east (Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, or trans-Atlantic), in which case the starboard side would likely have the island view up until docking.
Most of the art that I have seen at this point seems to indicate that the ship will dock with its port side facing the island. What did that turns out to be true or not, I don’t know. At CC, the ships usually back in. But the art from LP seems to show that the ships can dock facing either direction.
I don't think we can say with any certainty which way the ships will dock, and it may depend on where the ship is headed after departure. I agree most artist renderings have depicted a ship with port side facing the island. But this one seems to show the opposite.
DCL-Lighthouse-Point06a-Cabanas.jpg

I knew it was very close to the Princess Cays and that is a concern.

The beaches at Princess Cays are very rocky.

I hope Disney is able to transform the Lighthouse Point beaches into sandy beaches.

These are not the only two private islands that are very close.

CoCo Cay (RCCL) and Great Stirrup Cay (NCL) are right next to each other.
I could be wrong, but I don't think Disney was allowed to do much that would change the natural condition of the beaches. The dock will be out on a very long pier because they weren't allowed to dredge a channel to get closer to the island (like they did at CC).
DCL-Lighthouse-Point02-Concept-Plan-20201119.jpg

I would expect something like these photos showing the eastern side of the peninsula where much of the LP beach areas will be.
Natural Lighthouse Point 2.jpg

Natural Lighthouse Point 4.jpg

I'd guess... for most approaches to LP (from Florida, CC, or Nassau), it makes sense that the port side would have an island view up until docking. But there are a handful of sailings that would probably approach from the east (Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, or trans-Atlantic), in which case the starboard side would likely have the island view up until docking.

I don't think we can say with any certainty which way the ships will dock, and it may depend on where the ship is headed after departure. I agree most artist renderings have depicted a ship with port side facing the island. But this one seems to show the opposite.
View attachment 777099
I was booked starboard so iv changed over to portside

We are booked on the August 22-26 on the Magic. Can't wait! We opted for a short and sweet because really we just want to see LP - and I'm excited to sail the Magic for the first time for us. (We already have a weeklong cruise with friends on NCL earlier in the year so I'm good with a short one for this.)

I could be wrong, but I don't think Disney was allowed to do much that would change the natural condition of the beaches. The dock will be out on a very long pier because they weren't allowed to dredge a channel to get closer to the island (like they did at CC).
View attachment 777102

I would expect something like these photos showing the eastern side of the peninsula where much of the LP beach areas will be.
View attachment 777100

View attachment 777101
Hopefully the beaches on that side of the island are as sandy as they appear. There does still appear to be lots of rocks in the water but not as bad as the Princess Cays on the other side.

I was booked starboard so iv changed over to portside
I did the same when I realized we were directly over the Buena Vista Theater (read some noise reviews about that). Chose port side when I saw all the artwork. Fingers crossed.

We are
We're booked on the Fantasy 10 night Southern on July 25 that goes both to Lighthouse Point and Castaway Cay. I can't wait!
We are too - our 50th anniversary is the last day. A little nervous since we've never sailed during hurricane season, but itinerary was too good to pass up!

Hope you have a great time! Let us know how you liked it. I am sure we will see a variety of reactions. 😉

We are opting to wait - and have the Fantasy cruise in November 2024 (with a bunch of people, based on the rise in cabin prices since booking). We get a 6-night cruise, with 2 stops at CC and 1 at LP + Nassau. (I’m calling it a Triple Dip). The October sail date looks to be popular, too. We are fortunate to not have a school calendar to dictate our travel.

I was fascinated to realize how close Princess Cays beach is - just over 3 miles by car; a little shorter up the Western coast. The photos of the beaches on this section of Eleuthera are beautiful.

Just checking the plans - and realized the initial development is on the Eastern side. Boat docks on the Western side.

View attachment 776476
We are on same cruise Nov 10!

We just booked the Magic out of FLL on October 21,2024. My girls decided to get Taylor swift tickets in Miami on Oct 20.24. so we figured we’d make it a cruise and celebrate her 21st bday. We’ve never traveled from that port so we have a lot to learn. We pulled some friends in on the cruise plan too. Super excited to see the new island!

We booked July 15 on the Magic that stops at LP and CC. Have to say I'm a little nervous...considering how unfinished the Wish still seemed when we went in October 22, I'm worried LP won't be fully finished either.

I want to see both islands, but also want it to be ready. I certainly don't want to end up feeling like I could have used those summer peak dollars somewhere else and gotten something finished and polished.

Anyone else worried?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter