Anyone booked with Travel Up via Skyscanner?

m1ckeymouse

Mouseketeer
Hi Everyone

We have found some good flights with BA direct on skyscanner through Travel Up, which are great for our dates, but would love some feedback from anyone who has used them. We have been Virgin direct people for the last 20years so using an intermediary is a bit scary. I know one of the pitfalls can be extra charges if you need to change anything, but our dates are set in stone as we are both changing jobs in the next month and have had to declare our holiday already, so unless there is an illness (the travel ins is already in place) we wouldn't need to change anything and we have always booked the cheapest virgin tickets anyway that don't allow you to change anything.

Thanks for any help or advice
Suzanne

We tried to!!
But every time we clicked on the link from skyscanner to travel up the price changed dramatically and what was most annoying was that before you were given the revised price you had to enter all the passenger details- it then said something like 'sorry those fights aren't available' and redirected out to a much more expensive option. Also there seemed to be quite a few negative reviews for them.

I have read some really bad reviews of TravelUp, enough to scare me off from booking with them. But I have no personal experience so maybe somebody who has will comment.

Hi
Just an update, we got fed up spending our lives looking at prices and checking reviews, so took the leap and reduced the holiday by a day to secure vaguely decent prices. On the plus side, we were able to use our miles for a premium upgrade which our son is very excited about, so even though it's a late start it will be a bit more special than usual. We also don't have to worry about it anymore which is a huge relief.

Thanks for your help
Suzanne

I used them last year for Business flights on United and had no major issues.

They were a bit slow in sending out the confirmation and we did have to call them when we were booking as the website was having some problems. The guy on the phone said he would call us back once the flight was booked and did so promptly.

I can't say I would choose them over booking direct with a flight operator but I wouldn't be worried about using them again.

I have used them, no problems. I don't usually book direct with the flight company as the flights always seem more expensive on there own web site, which I find odd.

We've used them 2 or 3 times. They are ok. We had a flight time change and they did notify us in May - it reduced connection to under 2 hours out but they said it complied with airline policy. This octobers flight the return flight had actually moved when we checked in but it was a better time/shorter flight so no issue but travel up didn't notify us.

They have been american airlines flights so you can do everything like booking seats on the american website.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter