• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone bought spectacles in Florida?

bengunn

Pirate Member
I have been told (by an optician) that prescription spectacles are much cheaper in the USA.

Has anyone bought them over there? Any opticians recommended? Any problems?

I have and no I didn't have any problems. I went to one in the Florida Mall and when I saw some frames I liked I did the rest. I saved about £20 on the lenses but £40 on the Dolce and Gabbana frames. Ready in about 4 hours too.

Thanks Muppet that sounds worth while - I have varifocals which cost a fortune in the UK so any saving is useful.

Me! I HAD to! First day of our trip last year and my speccies broke in half . . now I'm as blind as a bat without them, so was in a real panic. Could hardly wear my sunglasses all the time, could I :p

We were down in St Pete's and the lovely Virgin lady recommended Lenscrafters in one of the Malls.

I still worried because I didn't have a copy of my prescription with me (handy tip there for us visionally challenged people!).

However, one hour after visiting the thoroughly nice people in Lenscrafters, one brand spanking new pair of specs, one VERY happy Annie and they're still sitting on me face smiling now! They worked out about £50 cheaper than over here - and I got my money back for the broken ones from Boots when I got home.

(I was particularly impressed with the one hour service as Boots always seem to take around 2 WEEKS....:eek: )

Thanks Mrs Dazzle - I have the same problem without glasses I cannot drive or see much else.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter