Anyone but me seem to think its Silly to blame Vloggers/Magic Key Holders for issues at the Park?

Some of the streamers have basically hinted at it or outright said it. Some, I'm sure, have it for legitimate reasons, but others have basically said they gamed the system to get it. Their content is gonna get a lot more views if they're on ride after ride after ride rather than spending hours and hours in line.

But it's not just the streamers. There are stories all the time about people in the parks bragging that they got DAS and don't need it. Or people online who are basically like, "Here's tips on how to get approved for DAS! WINK WINK."
I was at Universal over the weekend and overheard a dad at the pool bragging about how he pretended to have a condition to get DAS for his party for the Disney part of their trip. Some people are just trash.

I was at Universal over the weekend and overheard a dad at the pool bragging about how he pretended to have a condition to get DAS for his party for the Disney part of their trip. Some people are just trash.

One thing that kinda kills me is how somehow waiting in line has become this awful, awful thing. People are so averse to it. I mena, sure it was never the best part of a trip, but waiting in lines is part of the deal. With phones and stuff it should be even more tolerable. Back in the day we had to stand in a 60 minute line for Space Mountain and actually talk to each other! 🤣

One thing that kinda kills me is how somehow waiting in line has become this awful, awful thing. People are so averse to it. I mena, sure it was never the best part of a trip, but waiting in lines is part of the deal. With phones and stuff it should be even more tolerable. Back in the day we had to stand in a 60 minute line for Space Mountain and actually talk to each other! 🤣

Back in 1992 I went on the big one and done family holiday to WDW. We stood in 70 to 90 minute lines for everything, I hated it and we only did about 5 rides in the day.

I now go solo to Disneyland California, buy Genie+ and Individual Lightening Lanes , dont wait more than 20 minutes and do far more than 5 rides in a day.

These days I refuse to wait more than 70 minutes for anything. The only ride I would actually do that for is Hagrid's at IoA. At Disney, absolutely nothing is worth more than an hour.

Right. We live in this world of "instant gratification." Everything is NOW! so people aren't accustomed to waiting. Waiting has become this horrible thing.

I will say, I have bad feet so standing for me gets pretty intolerable (yes, I know no one likes to stand for long periods of time, but for me, even with the right shoes, about halfway through the day my feet are already screaming at me). But that's a whole other issue than what you brought up (which is also a great point).

These days I refuse to wait more than 70 minutes for anything. The only ride I would actually do that for is Hagrid's at IoA. At Disney, absolutely nothing is worth more than an hour.

Yeah, but not everthing should have a 70 minute line - at least not on any but the most crowded days. I wouldn't wait that long for a lot of stuff, but mostly I do not have to either.

Last edited:

Well Phones and the internet have changed how our minds work

I now many will say they are the same but most people want things NOW. They don't see the need to wait and with the prices at the parks, in a way I understand it cost more then ever to get into the park but lines can move poorly

Like I love big Thunder but they on even bust days don't get all 4 trains out until like 10 AM.....why? They know its going to be packed have all trains running all day but it feels almost like Disney wants longer lines on some attractions to push you to pay for Genie plus

I see many groups in line playing the Disney version of Heads Up.
Love HeadsUp - my kids actually ask to play it in between rides. Lol

I would be curious to hear stories where vloggers annoyed people or were in the way. In my experience, they're usually solo or in a small group, holding the camera within arm's length, and no louder or less considerate than the average guest.
I unfortunately have far too many… the offenders usually around the opening of a season/decor/party. It’s why I now avoid opening weekends. I’ve seen Influencers with backpack “suitcases” with multiple changes of clothes for themselves (and their kids) hogging a walkway or opening to a land (ahem: toon town, carsland) with what amounts to a professional photog kit/session, others reviewing multiple food items (LOUDLY) only to toss the food item after one bite (one influencer I followed even admitted to only eating a bite of each item then tossing them), and truly just the entitlement of any guest, but more often than not the cloggers and instupiders (my terms, my bias clearly showing) who seem to believe their content is more important than other guests’ experience. The worst, for me as a mom is seeing the kids being paraded about for content when they just want to ride the rides or watch the show like a kid (yes, I’ve witnessed this as well.)

For me, it comes down to intent. I have zero qualms with anyone posing for pics, or taking every angle of their food, or doing a silly meme, if they are doing it for the JOY of doing it. And yes, you can tell the difference. When things are done for content alone i feel they should be relegated to media previews. We love our go pro, but wouldn’t it be great if when a new ride came out all the vloggers were able to record it without having a camera in everyone else’s face??? I am a super laid back person, heck I’ve even held a camera for someone doing a tik tok so it wouldn’t fall off the light post, and will happily take multiple photos to help a stranger get the right shot, so if i’m saying this it’s gotta be bad. Lol

Aside: I found guest behaviour on my recent WDW trip to be *far* *far* *far* worse than anything at Disneyland. I’ll take these cloggers and what-not any day over that zoo! ;)

Love HeadsUp - my kids actually ask to play it in between rides. Lol

I unfortunately have far too many… the offenders usually around the opening of a season/decor/party. It’s why I now avoid opening weekends. I’ve seen Influencers with backpack “suitcases” with multiple changes of clothes for themselves (and their kids) hogging a walkway or opening to a land (ahem: toon town, carsland) with what amounts to a professional photog kit/session, others reviewing multiple food items (LOUDLY) only to toss the food item after one bite (one influencer I followed even admitted to only eating a bite of each item then tossing them), and truly just the entitlement of any guest, but more often than not the cloggers and instupiders (my terms, my bias clearly showing) who seem to believe their content is more important than other guests’ experience. The worst, for me as a mom is seeing the kids being paraded about for content when they just want to ride the rides or watch the show like a kid (yes, I’ve witnessed this as well.)

For me, it comes down to intent. I have zero qualms with anyone posing for pics, or taking every angle of their food, or doing a silly meme, if they are doing it for the JOY of doing it. And yes, you can tell the difference. When things are done for content alone i feel they should be relegated to media previews. We love our go pro, but wouldn’t it be great if when a new ride came out all the vloggers were able to record it without having a camera in everyone else’s face??? I am a super laid back person, heck I’ve even held a camera for someone doing a tik tok so it wouldn’t fall off the light post, and will happily take multiple photos to help a stranger get the right shot, so if i’m saying this it’s gotta be bad. Lol

Aside: I found guest behaviour on my recent WDW trip to be *far* *far* *far* worse than anything at Disneyland. I’ll take these cloggers and what-not any day over that zoo! ;)
I was at Oga's at DHS one time. Had a standing spot at the bar, and after I arrived the spot next to me was taken by a vlogger. He was live streaming from Oga's. It was weird. He had one phone to do the livestream (even had a little stand and everything) and had another phone he was using to show the app, menu, etc. He was also of course chatting with some of the CMs, not sure if they knew they were being livestreamed. He seemed to be selecting certain drinks based on their 'cool' factor (though IIRC at least he finished each one). At one point he saw my drink and just started asking me questions while still livestreaming. It was a little jarring and not quite the experience I had hoped for (and yes, I should have just said "no thank you," but in the moment I froze because it was so unexpected, lol).

At one point he saw my drink and just started asking me questions while still livestreaming. It was a little jarring and not quite the experience I had hoped for (and yes, I should have just said "no thank you," but in the moment I froze because it was so unexpected, lol).
That happened to me at Costco last week. Someone asked me about an item in my cart. When I told her what I thought of it, I realized that she was filming my response. I should have told her to stop, but I was kind of shocked that she would film me without asking.

That happened to me at Costco last week. Someone asked me about an item in my cart. When I told her what I thought of it, I realized that she was filming my response. I should have told her to stop, but I was kind of shocked that she would film me without asking.
That is so weird! I don't mind being friendly to people in public, but it's another thing to start filming an off handed question without someone's permission. Sometimes I go out to stores like Costco and Target without looking my best (lol) and I definitely don't want to be featured like that in some influencer's page. And you never know how your response will be edited!

There are some vloggers who are just sad and do a lot of things to bend or break rules and who have little ragrd for others. Then there are some who are professional, respectful, and do a good job relaying news and info. I will say that growing up going to DL I feel like there has always been someone who takes flash photos on a dark ride, there is always someone who talk loudly during pre shows or when others may want to listen, there is always someone who will ruin it for first timers. It's all par for the course and people are just people.

That said, I think they need to restrict, permit, and charge fees to vloggers.

I think we should blame human beings for problems at the park. I mean, every group, passholders, vloggers, people who are neither, all have their share of jerks as well as their share of good people who don't bother anyone. The only thing we can do as individuals is control how we react to the jerks and not become like them.

(That said, it hasn't happened yet, but I've always said if I ever think I'm about to end up in the same ride vehicle as one of those yappy streamers who don't shut up during their livestream, I plan to respectfully ask a CM to put me on the next vehicle after that. Humans who act a fool on rides are bad enough. Streamers asking for your money and gifts and keepnig their camera lit up the entire time are definitely worse.)
Yeah, I agree. To put out a blanket statement on any group is a bit reckless. I’m not a vlogger, but I am an AP and a DVC owner. If anything, most people are respectful because they are heavily invested in the product.

Bad actors are bad actors regardless.

I've personally never been bothered by a vlogger, but annoyed by plenty of large families who stand right in front of the entrance to a ride while deciding who wants to go on and what they're doing next and where they should get lunch.
THIS!! It happens all the time and those people are so annoying! Just like people that wait for their table right in front of the restaurant doors or saying goodbye to each other! 😑 Helloooo! MOVE!

I feel like I should know this, but what is Heads Up?

It's a fantastic smartphone app/game for waiting in line. Someone puts the smartphone to their head with the screen facing the group. For the Disney version, the name of a Disney character will be on the screen. The other people have to give hints so the person holding the smartphone can correctly guess which character it is.

It's a fantastic smartphone app/game for waiting in line. Someone puts the smartphone to their head with the screen facing the group. For the Disney version, the name of a Disney character will be on the screen. The other people have to give hints so the person holding the smartphone can correctly guess which character it is.
Thanks for the explanation, it sounds like headbandz. I'll try that next time I'm in line with my 13yo. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter