Anyone buy engraved name tags (badges)?

JJ&JSMOM

DIS Veteran
I'm looking into giftbaskets for my kids upon arrival at our resort. I've looked at Disney Florist and a couple other places. I've noticed that they have engraved name badges for the kids. Just wondering if anyone has every bought these name badges. Do the kids wear them into the parks? Thanks!

We bought them and had the kids wear them one day...the problem was that they were quite heavy on the kids' clothing. On the other hand, the CMs called them by name during Cindy's breakfast.

We bought them and had the kids wear them one day...the problem was that they were quite heavy on the kids' clothing. On the other hand, the CMs called them by name during Cindy's breakfast.

Thats what my concern is along with we don't think its safe to advertise our kids names. I dunno - they're really cute. Thanks!

Thats what my concern is along with we don't think its safe to advertise our kids names. I dunno - they're really cute. Thanks!

I totally agree with this.... even when I put information on a strip of masking tape on the back of their shirts... I put my cell # and NO NAMES because the last thing you want a child predator to have is too much personal information...

I actually went to the local petsmart and bought dog tags for my 2 children. I do have their names on them and my cell number in case they were lost.The dogs takes are really lite. They either wear them as a necklace or put it in their pocket with the necklace piece tied to their belt loop so it doesn't get lost on the rides.

I tried to pre-order badges to have ready when we checked in, but no-one ever phoned me back.

I buy wristbands (strong paper with really firm adhesive - you have to cut them off!) which you write your details on the inside - they have colourful designs on the outside - but after a couple of days the kids refused to wear them because of the heat. I also bought one of those "wander alarms" for DS(7) - then 5 - but after half a day he got tired of wearing it.

I think the dog tags sound a great idea.

I made tags at Wal-mart for all 6 of the kids traveling with us. They loved them and they felt special and safe I think.

The boys wore them on their shoe laces (had their first name, my cell number and name). The girls wore them around their neck.

I was afraid my DN3 would freak and not want it on his shoe, but he did not bat an eye once.

I would highly recommend them and if they are placed in an unobvious place (and the kids know to show the CM if they get lost), they are GREAT!

They were only $3 ea at the Walmart kiosk - girls got dogbones and boys got footballs.

I'm looking into giftbaskets for my kids upon arrival at our resort. I've looked at Disney Florist and a couple other places. I've noticed that they have engraved name badges for the kids. Just wondering if anyone has every bought these name badges. Do the kids wear them into the parks? Thanks!
DH and I have Guest of Honor badges that we wear around WDW. And yes, we have purchased a badge for DS2 - <1 at the time of purchase - but he's never worn it. I wouldn't feel comfortable with him advertising his name like that. More than anything we got the badge for him as a souvenir.

We got both the girls badges on our last trip, and they enjoyed the attention they got from the CMs calling them "Princess Emily" and "Princess Kristi". I wasn't really worried about strangers for a couple reasons. The names really aren't that big on the badges. You would have to be standing face to face with the child and be within 10 feet or so to be able to read it, so it's not as obvious at those big iron on letters they used to put names on shirts with. Being on the shirt of a child, it is also well below eye level, so you really had to notice the badge and purposely get down on the child's level to look at the name. Secondly, we educated the kids on what the CMs wear and what their tags look like, and they were old enough to understand the danger of strangers. I may not feel as secure about it on a younger child who might be lying in a stroller with the badge facing up so anyone can see it.

I just ordered them from www.laughingplacestore.com

If you search google for 'disney laughing place store' - your first hit will be the website and if you go through google you get 25% off through either today or tomorrow- I believe the personalized badges are about 8.00

Not sure if this is what you're talking about but we had plastic dog tags made for our kids (2 and 5) and we hooked them on their shoes. When dd was wearing her crocs we hooked it on a bracelet. To me it was for peace of mind.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter