• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone Can Cook seminar on the Fantasy

dkis4nu

Mouseketeer
We were on the Fantasy in August & attended the seminar. The chef was from Animators Palate & made a delicious grilled tuna steak. They handed out recipe cards at the end, but we lost ours when we packed. Does anyone have this recipe? I wrote DCL, but they said they were unable to get it for me (really?).
If anyone has it that would be great.

dk

No, that’s the one from Palo- we need the one from Animators Palate-thanks for your reply, though!
dk

Did not know there is that option! When we do the Fantasy I'll be sure to sign up for it!

I haven't seen the grilled tuna steak one before. I did the lobster ravioli and apple strudel ones on the Dream this summer.

I haven't seen the grilled tuna steak one before. I did the lobster ravioli and apple strudel ones on the Dream this summer.
I'm wondering if they are doing all new dishes. First time we did Anyone Can Cook was on our 2014 cruise. We've done the apple strudel and seabass a lot since then. We've also done the lobster ravioli several times over the years. Several years ago we had a mushroom risotto that was so good. I was sad they stopped doing it. Hopefully someone will post what other foods they are doing. This is one of my favorite activities to do on our cruises.

We've done them on the Wonder and Fantasy. We haven't been on the Magic since 2001. Will be on the Magic next yr, so excited. The OP was on the Dream, so I would assume they do them on the Magic. They do them on seadays.

Are these seminars available on the Magic?
Should have some on a 7nt. We did the apple strudel one on the Magic in 2018, Fantasy 2022, and Dream 2023. They're held on Sea days in D lounge. It's a cooking demonstration and sample. The adult only ones sometimes come with a sample of wine as well.

Tuna recipe is probably the same in Paleo as anywhere else. On the PC cruise they did a wine pairing with the Anyone Can Cook. These were adult only classes and wonderful.

I'll have to go through my stack... I remember we had this one back in April.
Did you have any other new recipes? Since 2014 I've had lobster ravioli, mushroom risotto, seabass, and apple strudel. Some of these we've done for several yrs. They've all been great, but I'd love to try all new dishes.

Sad
Did you have any other new recipes? Since 2014 I've had lobster ravioli, mushroom risotto, seabass, and apple strudel. Some of these we've done for several yrs. They've all been great, but I'd love to try all new dishes.

Sadly no… up until now it was always either the lobster ravioli or apple strudel. This was our 13th cruise and first deviation…! 😂

IMG_9976.jpegIMG_9977.jpeg

Hmm, were there 10 guests in the class? I wish they'd give out the recipe in quantities for 4 or 6, instead of making us cut it down ourselves from 10 servings!
😂 the original recipe is probably for 1000 servings, so they cut it down to 10!

Sad

Sadly no… up until now it was always either the lobster ravioli or apple strudel. This was our 13th cruise and first deviation…! 😂

View attachment 796311View attachment 796312
Well drats, I was hoping they were offering all new dishes. I don't like tuna so I'll be skipping it. Our next cruise isn't until July 2024, so maybe they'll have some new ones by then. I'd be happy to have the mushroom risotto again. It was so good. I wanted to grab the large pot of it after the demo. And I don't even like risotto that much or mushrooms!🤣

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter