Anyone dissappointed in star wars land

Until ROTR opens I’m withholding judgment. As for dirty looking, there are all sorts of lands in SW and they went with this one, the SW future is a diverse universe when it comes to planets so I won’t have an issue with that.

We're going on June 14th and as a child of the original trilogy, I can't wait. I'll admit that my wife and I are not as excited about the light saber and droid purchasing opportunities (in part due to the cost- guess I'm cheap) and could take or leave the eating & drinking options.

But the land itself looks fantastic. The theming really looks top notch, capturing the feel of a Star Wars outpost. I am looking forward to simply immersing myself, just wandering around, even if the shops don't hold as much appeal to me as others. Worst thing that happens is we make a couple of laps around the land and ride Smuggler's Run a few times- I'm more than good with that plan.

It’s funny. When my wife and I first visited Animal Kingdom 10 years ago, we were absolutely stunned by the “Moroccan Marketplace” near the Safari ride. Disney’s attention to detail and their ability to build something that immediately has a history is amazing.

I will be there on the 18th and I am purposely staying away. I have no doubt that the land will look amazing, but I am not a Star Wars fan at all. I think I would feel guilty for making true, diehard fans have longer waits because of me.

From the posts by people who have had reservations and been there, it seems to have great attention to detail and be pretty awesome.

I have read posts from people who did not like AK, but it is one on my favorite parks. The best bet is to visit, but it's always going to be subjective, even on a Disney fan board.

I by no means am a SW fan. I only know small details and the very known characters. DD is a fan and I know what I know because of her and hearing her talk about it. So as a non SW fan I can say just from pic and videos I have seen this land looks amazing. I can only imagine how much the die hard fans much love it. Im definitely excited to take a peek at it.

I commented to my wife that unlike everyplace else in every other Disney park, SWL just doesn't seem happy or uplifting. Seems drab and gray but I'm hoping that when we visit it someday, we'll get a better feeling.

Star Wars is in a galaxy a long time ago not in the future. Star Wars also has so many different planets, and settings. Tatooine is basically a desert. Crait, and Jakku also both desert like or middle eastern type places. Batuu is a bit more lush with greenery.

As a Star Wars fan I think they did a great job.

I commented to my wife that unlike everyplace else in every other Disney park, SWL just doesn't seem happy or uplifting. Seems drab and gray but I'm hoping that when we visit it someday, we'll get a better feeling.
I am curious about this take. Assuming you’ve seen the films are there planets or settings in Star Wars that are uplifting and happy? To me a lot of Star Wars isn’t happy and uplifting.

The dark side has cookies and the resistance has wookies. It's a no brainers really 🙃

I personally think the land looks plucked right out of a star wars movie. I have an entire floor of my house dedicated to star wars. I never thought I would get a whole 'land' lol. It's so overwhelming and a bit unreal still to me.

What's even more exciting is meeting even more fans like me.
😂😂😂 We are so excited about it ,too. We're going on the 4th...

I think from what I’ve seen of it online that the theming is great but it seems very incomplete. I agree with a review that said without RoR it’s very much missing a lot. It seems with 1 ride that gets divisive reviews and a lot of expensive cash grabs it’s not enough. Carsland has one E ride but it’s a hit. It’s too bad they didn’t make the light saber builds more of an experience like Olivanders. I’m looking forward to hearing more and going after RoR opens.

Last edited:
My friend just got back. He said it was the greatest thing Disney has ever done. Just simply amazing...like nothing he has ever experienced theme park wise. "If you don't cry seeing it...you have no soul." Its that amazing.
Lou Mongello basically said the same...its just unreal. I simply cannot wait to go. May 2020!

Not sure how you can be disappointed in something you haven’t experienced yet. :confused3

The first time I experienced Carsland I had never seen one of the Cars movies, but I was blown away by the land and all of the neat details. RSR was amazing even though I had never seen a movie. I loved it all immediately and after seeing the movie loved it even more.

This time, I am a huge Star Wars fan and I expect SWGE to be mind blowing for me! My SIL went yesterday by herself. She is NOT a Star Wars fan at all (but a big Disney fan) and she thought it was amazing. She stayed for four hours and did the ride five times, did all the photo opps, tried the food, wandered around. She said it’s fantastic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter