• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone do a road trip from NY State to DisneyLand

ChrislovesMinnie

Mouseketeer
Hi,
Planning to do a road trip from Western NY to DisneyLand next July or August. Anyone do this before and have any suggestions? It'll be myself, wife and 13 year old son. Will have portable DVD player and plenty of DVD's. Looking at making trip there in 3 days or so.
Thanks ahead of time for the suggestions.

:jester:

ChrislovesMinnie said:
Hi,
Planning to do a road trip from Western NY to DisneyLand next July or August. Anyone do this before and have any suggestions? It'll be myself, wife and 13 year old son. Will have portable DVD player and plenty of DVD's. Looking at making trip there in 3 days or so.
Thanks ahead of time for the suggestions.
I've done the cross-country trip twice. In september (2 weeks) moving from Seattle to Washington DC (did the northern route across northern Rockies and Dakotas, upper midwest, ontario, quebec, new england, mid-atlantic) and in february (10 days) moving back (southern route, primarily I-40 to California and up the coast). 3 days is really, really ambitious. Pretty much getting in the car in the morning and not stopping for anything except bathroom breaks and quick meals until you get to a motel late at night. Just did a mapquest and there's so much to do along the way that I wonder if you might consider adding at least a couple days one way. maybe two days of hard driving and then nights in Denver, Bryce Canyon and Las Vegas going west. On the return, maybe a night outside of Grand Canyon and Albuquerque and then a couple days of hard driving home. Seems a shame to spend all that time in the car and the only thing you see of the west is southern california.

Thank you for the info. That's a great idea to take some additional sights in. We were just so excited about Disneyland, we never reallly considered other things.
Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter