Anyone do anything special while counting down?

Zoo Keeper

DIS Veteran
I can't believe it but it's just about three weeks until we are there!
I'd like to do something special to countdown the last few days.
Has anyone done this or have any suggestions?
I'd love to hear them.:cool: :bounce:

We plan on watching a different Disney video each night for the the 2 weeks leading up to our trip, with our favorites the last couple of nights.

:cool:
I made a website that counted down the days until my family and I left to go to Disney. Then a week before (I suggested) that we all dress up as different characters and watch previous Disney vacations. Unfortunately everyone else did not get as excited. But you could make a a Mickey Cake by using two circle cake pans and cut one in half and use it as ears. Dress up, send Disney postcards (on e-mail). Once you start the happiness becomes very contagious.
Have fun! Let me know if you do anything else, I need some ideas too.

Krista

Thanks for the tips

I'm going to spend my Saturday looking for all the tapes from our previous trips.

Thanks for the cake tip....I'm really bad at drawing so Mickey will have to be just black.

When my daughter was little, I sent her a note each day from a Disney Character. When she got up in the morning it was taped to her door. She kept them on the door so they kept accumulating. But :( She's too old for that now.

Anyone else do anything special?

How about strips of colored paper made into rings taped together. Each day tear one off until you get to the last day!! Or make a little mini-calendar designed like an advent calendar, I wrote a little (silly) poem on each day we moved the Mickey shape on. I traced Mickey because I can't draw at all!! Whatever you decide, have a great time with all the fun leading up to the trip.

CatOne:pinkbounc

We do the calender thing, but we use disney stamps to mark off the days. I am always planning my next trip so we start this months in advance. I mark the significant days ahead of time (100 days to go, 50 days to go...) and then the kids put a stamp on each day. Sometimes I put reminders to make PS reservations. When we are getting really close, the reminders say things like find your sunglasses or pack cd's for the car trip.

Of course on those significant days we have mickey pancakes for breakfast or mickey shaped pasta for dinner. I've been known to send e-mails from favorite characters and cut peanut butter sandwiches into mickey ears for the lunch box.

My friends all think I am nuts, but I've got my husband and kids convinced this is normal and we all enjoy the anticipation.

Have a Disney Day!!!

Sher

What I think is a good idea is at the beginning of the month you are going to WDW is make something like an "advent" calander so that you have something disney in every pocket of every day leading up to the vacation - then every day the child puts her/his hand into the pocket and pulls out the "prize"

:pinkbounc

We are going to WDW in Sept. My Granddaughter and I (her Nana) are giving a 100days to go party. It will be in June and we have planned for this for over a year. The whole family is sick of hearing about the party but I really do think they are looking forward to it also. We are sending out invitations, we have made goodies bags that my Granddaughter has colored and decorated with Disney stickers. All the prizes that I have collected for a year will go in the bags. Like 2 way radios, t-shirts for the family to wear on the plane ride and at WDW,misty-mates,brita filter cartridges for refills,Passporters for each family,luggare tags made for each family ect. We have spent alot of time on this from the Disney theme menu like Lady and the Tramp Speghetti and Meatballs,Cinderrella Salad ect. I know this is long but everyone here is tired of hearing about the Party. My one son-in-law calls it the 100 days debriefing. HaHa. Any way how ever you make it special you will have the memories of it and thats what it is all about. Enjoy the magic!!!!

We're leaving later on this week to go to WDW. Tonight dh took me out to a very nice restaurant WITHOUT KIDS. We spent a nice, leisurely two hours having dinner. The first hour we sat with our drinks, then we ordered filet mignon, and we sat quietly talking while eating. It was wonderful. As much as I love going to WDW, I know that the kids like to hurry up and eat. We figure we're going to be spending the greater part of 9 days together, so we need to spend some time for just the two of us. This was our countdown to Disney date. :wave:

Hi!
We leave in 15 days! Aaahhh!! After planning and planning and then planning some
more, I can't believe it's almost time! Anyways, I've bought some Mickey postcards
at Wal-Mart and am going to mail them to the kids with a "message" from Mickey
about looking forward to meeting them at breakfast...we are doing the Chef Mickey.

Also, hope to do a "Mickey" Meal. Wilton makes a Mickey cookie cutter. I'm either
going to do grilled cheese cut into Mickey heads, and maybe jello jigglers as well or else
Mickey Mouse shaped pancakes. For dessert, freeze ice cream in a jelly roll pan, then
cut them out with the Mickey cookie cutter, put it on a plate and drizzle hot fudge
over them. Yeah, I realize I'm crazy but this is our first Disney vacation for the
kids and I'm REALLY looking forward to it! Hope you have a great trip too!!

- CindyVK

We have a chart on the wall counting the days until we leave for wdw, We mark off a day each morning. We have 89 days left until the Aug trip to WDW, 439 days left before our ten day trip next summer2002?? CBR 99, Allstar movies Feb 2001, Allstar Music Aug 2001,........

My friend ContempoSMT and I say the days left about 1000 times a day to each other. Only 23 days by the way for me!

I made a 30 days Disney countdown calendar for my 3yr old DD and on each date I put a disney character and each morning when so goes to eat breakfast she gets to pull off a sticky note revealing which character is behind it. She can't wait to see which character is under the next day. I just pulled some clipart off the NET and pasted it into the calendar and printed it off.

8 days til Disney, Staying at the Swan can't wait.

:pinkbounc :bounce: :pinkbounc :bounce: :pinkbounc :bounce:

We usually will watch our favorite Disney movies and/or play music from our favorite Disney movies.

We also have a Mickey Party the week before we go at this time everyone going gets the daily print out of where we wre going and where we eat! also the times of shows and special actives.
One thing my DS (age28) and I ((34) do all year is when we are saying good bye we always say "see ya around".
This has turn into a list of round things at WDW ie
See Ya around like Dumbo, Spaceship Earth, Hot dod, coke cup, pizza. wheels on the bus.
Yes we are adults however 2x a year for a total of 16 days we are 5.

My kids are doing the paper chain this year,(as CatOne explained above), but put a different Disney Trivia item on each....I am thrilled to say....only 12 more chains to read...don't forget if you have small children, tape them, don't staple them. Younger children could get hurt!

Only 27 days to go for us!!! I found a great countdown clock that keeps a running total of the days, hours, minutes and seconds till you leave for the big trip! It's free and easy to use...I keep it on my favorites and it's the first thing I look at whenever I'm on line..Here's the link if anyone is interested...all you have to do is enter the date and time you leave and it does the rest.

www.dataweb.nl/~otto/countdown.htm

Can't wait to go.....Can't wait to go....Can't wait to go....

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

We're counting down our last 100 days by counting off the days till our 7 long summer weekend trips. It really helps to say well only 6 more nights till our NH trip, and then only another 3 nights till our first Cape Cod trip, etc. We will be going away at least every other weekend till our big trip in Oct. These little countdowns certainly give us something to look forward to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter