Anyone do welcome baskets for thier kids?

Juliet25

DIS Veteran
I'm putting together baskets for my girls as a "welcome to Disney" gift to put in our resort room after we check in. It's stuff I would be buying for them anyway, plus some extra fun stuff. I saw the baskets on the Disney Florist site were $100+, and I know I can keep it way under that. I'm doing a Princess theme for DD4 and a Tinkerbell theme for DD9.

Here's what I have so far:

Water bottles with carbon filters
Autograph books from etsy with the aforementioned characters
princess/tinkerbelle odds n ends from Dollar Tree
Glow bracelets
Personalized M Mouse ears for DD4 (since she won't remember that they were purchased when she was an infant)

I'm wondering if anyone has any other ideas. I'm looking for stuff that can use in the parks and amuse themselves with at the resort.

Thanks! :wave:

I have done a disney necklace, a little purse with Disney $'s and beach towels they can use there.

My kids are getting something every morning left by their favorite character while they were sleeping. The very generous people on the creative board designed gift tags from the characters and also a gift certificate entitling each child to "one special Disney souvenir", or you could do a dollar amount or specific item. A lot of the tags and gift certificates have already been designed so all I had to do was download and print. They also did several shirt designs so each child is getting a personalized shirt every day. And a pressed pennies M&M tube ready to go. I also am doing several glow in the dark swords and wands from dollar tree and an autograph book. Color wonder princess coloring book, squinkies princess bracelets, princess lip gloss and a new rapunzel costume that we brought for character dinner. :goodvibes
Oh and I also am putting some of their favorite treats in! Like character pez dispensers, phineas and ferb fun dip, princess popping candy....

I've done a customized autograph album I made at home, as well as a couple of disney dolls and a belle outfit for her American Girl (one thing per trip). Not sure when you will be arriving but Merida might be out in the parks to meet and greet by then. You could get the new doll from the Disney store?
http://www.flickr.com/photos/b0ttledwater/6984142587/
I've also done roses, champagne with flutes and dipped strawberries for hubby.

We've been to WDW once before, and will have a second trip in September. We didn't know about pin trading the first time we went, but my kids have expressed an interest. The whole fall trip is a surprise. I'm going to buy them a bunch of pins to get them started and will have some other Disney related items as well. I'm undecided what though. I'm also thinking of getting teenagers a little personal fan since it will be September and still hot.

I'm doing a goody bag to give to my daughter and two nieces on their first trip to Disney World coming up in April. They are 3, 4, and 6 yo. I plan to give it to them after we leave the Orlando airport on our way to Disney. Since I had to buy 3 of everything, I tried to make sure I kept the prices under $2.50 each. Here's what I've put together so far.

Disney canvas tote bag - $1 from $1 and More (a dollar store here in TX) to put all the goodies in
Personalized Autograph Book - making it myself thanks to DISigners!
Our 1st Trip to Disney Door Hanger - making it myself thanks to the DISigners!
Minnie Mouse bubble necklaces - $1 from 99cent Store (for fun while waiting in lines)
Minnie Mouse lanyards - $1 from party city
Minnie Mouse lip gloss necklace - $3 for pack of 4 at walmart
Disney water bottles - $1 from Dollar Tree (for the parks)
Princess Jewel Rings - $1 for a pack of 4 from $1 and More
Princess Bracelets - $1 for a 2 pack from $1 and More
Princess Necklace - $1 from Target
Princess Purse - $1 for pack of 4 from Big Lots (on clearence, small plastic party favors, but just the right size to fit the princess jewelry I got them)
Princess On the Go Activity Packs - $1 from Target
Princess mini flashlights - $2.50 at walmart
Disney t-shirts - $2.50 each from Disney Outlet Store
Disney travel body wash - $1 from Walmart
Minnie and Daisy Light-up Stick - $2.50 from Walgreens (for fun while waiting for the Electric Parade and Wishes)
Mini Hand Fans - $1.50 from Walgreens (I decorated them with disney stickers)

I always included a disposable camera for my girls. It was fun to see what they thought to take pictures of. One trip, my youngest DD had quite a few pictures of the bunnies, ducks, lizards, birds, etc that she saw at Disney!

we have gotten things from Memories by Betsy twice- she shops at DTD for whatever you want to include in the basket and wraps them up then delivers them to your hotel-- we have done pajamas (she even washed them for us before hand so the girls could wear them that night!) pins, autograph books, plushes, vinylmations... she just cant put food in - she is great!

I'm putting together a little something for our 2 daughters. Mainly an autograph book each and a few other things.

I'm trying to figure out how to get it to the front desk (we're staying at CSR) without them seeing them, and asking the CM there if there's any way they can get them into the room before we get in there.

Any tips/ideas?

Mine is about ready to ship. I have WDW coloring book, stickers, tattoos, Pez, flashlight, night lite, necklace, bracelet, glow sticks, Disney doll, color wonder sheets, markers, book, squinkies, Small Minnie, a princess bath towel, with the hood being a crown(she can use for beach towel),silly bands, a duffy light up, a Cinderella cage for Pick a pearl and a few other things I can't remember. It is her BD, so I am doing a Grand Welcome. I bought all the decorations at Party city. I am wrapping a sweatshirt, bathing suit, personalized Cinderella blanket, and a toy. This is all princess stuff. I had someone make me a personalized autographed picture of the princesses.Bought a cheap frame. Once we get to our room, I will have my daughter take my granddaughter to the pool, while I decorate the room. I told my daughter I was going to wait for our groceries to be delivered. This is all for my granddaughter, but I have not told my daughter anything. I am so excited.:cool1:

I've never done a welcome basket for our kiddos but I think it's a great idea. We have always put out a Disney treat (various Disney themed items we bought prior to the trip) each night so that they wake up to a surprise from Mickey.

This summer we are staying in a pirate room (we have two boys) so I may do a welcome basket with some pirate goodies.

I do a gift every morning when I take my nieces. I have done beach towels on swim days. On days they were getting were getting Bippidi Bopped the got fancy dress up shoes. This year I have a purse and a plush rapunzel to add.

What about cute little chap stick, or hand sanitizer? Maybe some little candies, like life savers? Coloring books/acvitivity books especially for the younger one?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter