• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

anyone doing Disney channel summr at sea?

We are on the 7/9 cruise, booked it on a whim a few weeks ago. I had no idea there was somethng special going on.

We're going on the July 23 cruise! My DD15 is a big fan of Jason Dolley's so I booked just about a month ago. We're going on the Wonder with my DS too in August, but this seemed like a neat opportunity for my DD (and me) to see her favourite Disney TV star!

Lynda -
I think you are the third DISer to be on that cruise.

Joseph's Mom, you and I are the only ones that I know of.

I'm not doing it specifically because of the Summer at Sea series, it just was the one sailing that fit into my schedule.

we were thinking of staying near the port because we wanted to get there early and see how much an upgrade would cost us--I did consider the Hyatt, but did not know what time the bus to the port would be

I got the hyatt through hotwire for less than 100 bucks so I am pretty psyched for it.

We are on the July 30th Wonder. We are very excited to see our Dsney stars.

Me :cloud9: DH :wizard: DS pirate: DD:cutie:

July 23rd - July 30th Poly and 3 night Disney Wonder on July 30th
July 07' - Poly
October 05' Wilderness Lodge

so I guess that makes 4 groups from this board on there!. We are looking forward to it. Have never done a 3 night--most of our cruises have been the 7 night , so it will seem very short to me, but we'll have to make the most of every second.

so I guess that makes 4 groups from this board on there!. We are looking forward to it. Have never done a 3 night--most of our cruises have been the 7 night , so it will seem very short to me, but we'll have to make the most of every second.

We should start a cruise meet thread.

Hi Cheryl!
Nice to know that there will be 2 other DIS'ers on the July 23 cruise! My DD15 is really excited, and it's a nice chance for the 2 of us to have a real girl's holiday together.

I just booked last minute for my DD and I on the three day cruise July 16th!Totally psyched! We were just on a seven day cruise on Carnival in June as a whole family,so we booked a cat. 12 guarantee.Got a great deal for two $1090 all fees and taxes.

We just booked the July 23rd sailing, too.

It will be me, Dsis, my two DSs (10 and 6) and her DD (4).

We thought it would be a fun mom / kids trip, so are leaving DHs at home :)

The kids are really excited to see Jason Dolly.

I hope someone on one of the first one of these posts so we know what to expect.

degrapevine, that would be great if you can tell us how your cruise was after you get back!

I think having these tv stars onboard is a great idea! And I'm not too proud to admit that I'm almost as excited as my DD! I wish I could see Corbin Bleu too because I really like him (even though I'm an old lady!) but maybe another time.

I wish I was seeing Corbin also, but we have a girl band KSM on our July 30th cruise.

Thanks for the link! I am reading about the things that are being offered on these cruises. Do you think they are in addition to the regular shows?? Or will some of these events/concerts replace the evening shows??? We booked the 7/16 cruise very last minute and would love more info if anyone has it!!! THANKS!

Right now, we don't know how they will work the concerts. Some thought that maybe one of the regular evening shows, probably Toy Story, would be replaced on the 3 Nights with two concerts to accomodate everyone. On the 4 nights, they can use the "extra" night that is usually programmed with a movie for the concerts. Or, they could choose to do the concert once for everyone at a time most would be onboard but not busy, like on CC day, right after sailaway. We are sailing on the 3 Night next Thursday, July 9th, and will let everyone know how it worked for our cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter