anyone doing the choc walk sunday

When I did it a few years ago, the trams weren't running so we had to walk along the tram path from M&F. Also, security was still at the esplanade. There were large groups, probably 7-8 of them of 30-40 people, trying to meet outside security to pass out wristbands and shirts. We were supposed to meet out group at the flagpole 30 min before the start, but couldn't get there in time. We tried to hang back by the train station, but were pushed forward by the crowd. We were about even with Market House when the starter pistol went off and we realized the mass of people moving down Main St wasn't actually the walk itself. Being at the head of the pack actually worked out because we stopped for pics and then met up with some friends by the time we were about to exit DL. Obviously the route could be different this year and security will be different. But if I did it again, I'd aim to be at M&F 45-60 min before the pre-ceremony as long as I didn't have to meet up.

I am doing the Choc Walk. I will be walking from the Marriott and arriving at DLP, just before 6 AM.

If you are meeting a group, give yourself plenty of head start. It will always take you longer to get where you are going on CHOC Walk Sunday. If you are walking alone, be inside DL before 8 am. You will not be allowed to walk after that point. Parking will be a zoo (entering and exiting), so allow PLENTY of time for that.

I am!

If you are driving there, M&F garage opens at 0400. Opening Ceremony is at 0615. No trams from the garage to the park.

If you are meeting a group, give yourself plenty of head start. It will always take you longer to get where you are going on CHOC Walk Sunday. If you are walking alone, be inside DL before 8 am. You will not be allowed to walk after that point. Parking will be a zoo (entering and exiting), so allow PLENTY of time for that.
The cutoff is 7:30 this year.

We are really disappointed to be missing it this year, we have done it the last 3 years. But the kids start school Monday....I'm really sad they moved it from October.

The Walk was really fun! Thanks to overcast skies, the heat held off until the finish. Lots of characters out. We got photos with Tiana and Louis, Bullseye and Jesse, Pinocchio and Geppetto, Ariel and Eric, Honest John and Gideon, Mr. And Mrs. Incredible and Frozone, Mater, Red, and Lightning McQueen. Probably the most characters we've seen on one Walk. The DTD part was pretty warm, but overall it was a really fun morning. (Thank you, Starbucks, for being open at 4 am!)

Did you see Doug, Russell, and Carl from "Up"? A lucky few were able to get pictures with the trio before the characters switched off.

Yes we saw the Up people, across from Grizzly Rapids. we were pretty far back in the pack but seemed to hit a lot of characters. Marry Poppins, 3 princesses, Ariel but the highlight was Elena. Crowd goes crazy for her

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter