Anyone done a Palo brunch recently?

FigmentSpark

DIS Veteran
Thoughts? I heard the buffet is gone. Also, can you still order anything (and as much as) you want? Or are you limited? There are a few desserts that look interesting. Not sure I can choose.

Also, is the dress code still the same?

Buffet gone. Order anything and as much as you want off the menu included in the price. You can't go wrong with the Chicken Parmesan and Lasagna! I think there were 4 or 5 desserts offered. Our last brunch was in December and we plan to eat there this Sunday! Enjoy.

Dress code is still the same.

We went last week on the Fantasy, as pp stated no buffet; but I think most of buffet items are still available as part of appetizer plates. Our waiter encouraged us to order as much as we wanted, and to try lots of things. We started with breakfast foods, then bread and pastries, pizza and a calzone, then lunch dishes and then almost all the desserts. We enjoyed everything and felt it was worth the cost. I've heard lots of people recommending the chicken parm which was heavenly, but I have to also highly suggest the calzone.

Thanks. Sometimes when someone just gives you a menu, it feels weird to order more than one thing, so that's why I was asking.

Thanks. Sometimes when someone just gives you a menu, it feels weird to order more than one thing, so that's why I was asking.
Ya I’m the same way lol. We went last month and ordered a whole bunch of stuff. Still felt kinda weird even though they said to order whatever.

I also thought whatever we might of not finished we could take with us in a carry out container or whatnot. We had a pizza but only ate half. They told us that they couldn’t put it in a container due to Covid restrictions. I really didn’t get that. I guess they didn’t want to touch a container or something and risk it. Felt bad they just threw out half a pizza. Sigh.

We enjoyed brunch and although there were some items from the buffet that I missed, I would not mind if they leave it this way.

Very relaxed meal, we were seated at 10:30 and left about 1. There was no rush to order everything at the beginning, so we enjoyed a breakfast item and then shared a grape and gorgonzola pizza. I am always thankful that the chefs can still make this. We then had a lunch item and shared 2 desserts.

From the buffet I missed the bread and cheese selections and this was not matched by the breads offered with the meal. There was also no cheese plate, which might be a nice addition to the menu. I also do not care for the current dessert pattern, as I preferred the small options from the buffet as you could try several things. I am sure the current desserts are easier on the chefs.

Buffet gone. Order anything and as much as you want off the menu included in the price. You can't go wrong with the Chicken Parmesan and Lasagna! I think there were 4 or 5 desserts offered. Our last brunch was in December and we plan to eat there this Sunday! Enjoy.

Dress code is still the same.
Additionally, try the eggs benedict. My wife thought that I was nuts because you can get eggs benedict at Cabanas. However, the difference between the two versions is astronomical. My mouth is watering just thinking about it...37 more days until we experience Palo on the Fantasy. Moreover, try the Grape and Gorgonzola Pizza. It's an off-menu item, but you can still order it. I still don't understand why they don't just put it back onto the menu. It's truly an amazing combination of flavors.

Thanks for sharing all of this information. I managed to get both a Palo and Remy Brunch for our Fantasy Cruise in March. Cannot wait!

Additionally, try the eggs benedict. My wife thought that I was nuts because you can get eggs benedict at Cabanas. However, the difference between the two versions is astronomical. My mouth is watering just thinking about it...37 more days until we experience Palo on the Fantasy. Moreover, try the Grape and Gorgonzola Pizza. It's an off-menu item, but you can still order it. I still don't understand why they don't just put it back onto the menu. It's truly an amazing combination of flavors.
Thanks for the tip. That's one of my favorite brunch items and I can't seem to do it right at home, so it's a treat when I'm out.

The secret to getting the best out of Palo Brunch is to take 4 or 5 other people and order EVERYTHING! 😁. Seriously, try a lot of different things, and don’t hesitate to ask for more of something you love. For example, i would have never known how much I love the lemony ravioli if it weren’t for this plan. And get both of the antipasti boards.

I had brunch there on January 29 and thought it was perfect. I only missed the large cheese selection and hummusCF7C6F5F-0CE4-40D3-8910-76EF523ED552.jpeg
pastries
FA28831E-E510-4957-BBCB-9D462784610F.jpeg

Bread basket
1604501D-6E0C-403B-8ECF-6811A9442AAD.jpeg
94878E9B-5E27-4C03-A54E-CB88A6B9A0C6.jpeg

6FB9EB12-179E-40E1-9ECC-02A64AF39BE0.jpeg

Cheese plate
DB9332CE-F7AE-49FB-BC0E-E5F5E36A0883.jpeg

Zuchinni Fritatta
98A9F41F-683A-46EC-8209-8C2FDD6C0646.jpeg

Very strong drink
53D93DF2-282B-4CE4-BD93-B9E42299B720.jpeg

Amazing Raviolis
81C7CFAA-10B8-4EF1-9626-A901FF009883.jpeg

I was so full I cancelled my chicken parm.

Last edited:
I’m so jealous…everyone keeps talking about the pastry basket, but I wasn’t offered one on my cruise in October. It would have made up for some of the disappointment from the buffet being gone. I did have a bad server so maybe that was why (only negative Palo experience so far).

Last edited:
The almond croissants are delicious. We just had Brunch on the Magic about a week and half ago. I felt it was lacking a bit this time. I still do miss the buffet. We were told we could order anything and everything so we shared some plates with our friends. They ordered the seafood antipasto and we ordered the meat/cheese one. We shared a pizza and a Calzone. I also miss the humus. I miss the little dessert dishes they used to have and the chocolate covered strawberries.

Our brunch on the Dream in September was better.

MJ

We just did brunch on the Wonder, and while I feel like they really tried to make it a nice meal (and I appreciate it's still a free-for-all vs the dinner experience they've mucked up with the new menu structure), I personally felt the loss of the buffet. I always ate 80% from the buffet though and barely ate anything from the menu so for me, not having the buffet totally changes the experience. It was a fine meal, and our server was wonderful, but I missed the spectacular selection of the buffet - and the warm cinnamon buns!

The grape and gorgonzola pizza at Palo is one of the main reasons I keep booking cruises! I agree on the eggs benedict too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter