• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone done a stay at Aulani after an Alaskan cruise?

Agent Wendy Pleakley

Earning My Ears
We are booked on an Alaskan cruise in August and are looking to extend our vacation for about another week after the cruise. We already have a couple of days in the Seattle and Vancouver area before the cruise, so we decided to price a stay at Aulani once the cruise is over.

We are a family of 5 and the villas are within our budget right now when I stack a discount code on top of the special that Disney is already running for our dates. I know it sounds a little crazy, but the flight from Vancouver or even Seattle is much shorter and less expensive than it would be if we plan a separate trip from home at a later date. And our kids are older and travel well, so I'm not worried about the hassle of getting there.

I wondered if anyone else had any experience with this type of vacation itinerary and could offer any insight, or if it's just a crazy idea...thanks!

If you have the time, I'd do it. The only horror would be the packing for it. We are in Hawaii now, spending next week at Aulani. We go home for a couple weeks and then head for our dcl Alaskan cruise. I can't imagine how much luggage we would have had doing both trips in one. But if you can figure that out, I'd do it.

If you have the time, I'd do it. The only horror would be the packing for it. We are in Hawaii now, spending next week at Aulani. We go home for a couple weeks and then head for our dcl Alaskan cruise. I can't imagine how much luggage we would have had doing both trips in one. But if you can figure that out, I'd do it.

Yes, I'd say the packing will be the biggest challenge (I have 3 daughters who love to dress up for dinner on the ship which adds to the baggage). I'm pretty sure we are going to go for it. Thanks!

Yes, I'd say the packing will be the biggest challenge (I have 3 daughters who love to dress up for dinner on the ship which adds to the baggage). I'm pretty sure we are going to go for it. Thanks![/QUOT

...2 teen girls, for the two weeks. We ended up with 7 pieces of luggage

Last edited:

We did just the opposite in November of 2015. we did 3 nights at Aulani, followed by the POA Cruise. Loved every minute of both.

We flew round trip from Seattle as well. Easy trip for us as we live just outside Seattle.

We arrived back in the UK on Sunday after doing exactly this. We did a RC Alaskan cruise out of Seattle (Juneau, Skagway, Tracy Arm and Victoria, BC) then flew to stay at Aulani for a week. The only real issue we had is that for us it's an 11 hour time difference in Hawaii and so coming home is a big shock to the system, plus you end up spending a lot of time in the air and airport lounges. We added the Hawaiian part of the trip on as not having some warm weather when on vacation from the usually dreary UK summers isn't an option for us, so we needed to warm up after Alaska.

We added the Hawaiian part of the trip on as not having some warm weather when on vacation from the usually dreary UK summers isn't an option for us, so we needed to warm up after Alaska.

This was our thinking as well...I am so excited to visit Alaska, but we kind of wanted to end the summer in a tropical setting too. Summers in Michigan are incredibly beautiful and we spend a lot of time out on the lakes, but it will be back to school and work for everyone right when we get back. So the memories of this trip will have to hold us through some of the cold winter months.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter